i have worked as a medical & dental receptionist for just over a year. i have experience on the MedEdi system.
My resposibilities were as follows:
Make appointments via the telephone
Meet and Greet patient apon arrival
Collecting administration fees, if any
Dealing with the Laboratories on a daily basis for results
filing and sending patient reports if requested
Assist with minor procedures in emergency room
Medical Receptionist / Administrator
(Disclosed) Medical and Dental Centre
March 2012 - September 2013
Receiving of Patients
Making Specialist Appointments
Sending off Bloods
Receiving bloods and allocating to correct patient
Medical Aid Verification
Purchasing of materials
All frontline duties
Please find below a consolidated list and description to my duties of which I currently perform and have also gained experience in over the years.
To provide a service to management through typing, telecommunication, liaising with clients, distributing and filing (hard copy and electronic versions) of all materials pertaining to the department.
• Maintain all files in the correct cabinets.
• Maintain a detailed record of all files sent for storage.
• Complete necessary purchase orders for all purchases and bookings.
• Source and compare quotations from Consultants and Service Providers etc.
• Assist with the day to day operation of the Company.
• Develop and maintain good relationships with internal departments.
• Provide supportive role to other secretaries during pressure periods.
• Track whereabouts of team at all times.
• Order necessary stationery for the department.
• Support the department / team.
• Accurate typing and collation of material generated.
• Distribution and filing of copies, maintaining daily filing to ensure information available for referral purposes.
• Update status sheets and keep abreast of the business.
• Take initiative in completing minor tasks, to ensure smooth operation of team and office.
• Follow instructions implicitly at the first request.
• Report back to manager at first opportunity if unable to complete a task.
• Screen telephone calls.
• Maintain good relationships with client.
• Handle queries.
• Accurately and efficiently use systems.
• Respond timeously to requests.
• Meet deadlines.
• Arrange meetings / workshops and conferences.
• Ensure suitability of venues.
• Organise all catering.
• Set up boardrooms for meetings...
Senior Administrator / PA to MM
Oceana HR Professionals
January 2011 - November 2011
Client Liaison on an Executive Level
Diary Management of Managing Member
Handling Of Petty Cash
Recruitment (Office Support)
Office Administration on a Senior Level
Drafting weekly Reports
Personal Assistant to GEC
Golden Ribbon Trading
Liaising with International Clients
Purchasing of Office Automation and Stationery
Goods Receiving and Dispatch
Handling of Petty Cash
PA to Chairman / Office Secretary
October 2002 - January 2006
Minutes Of Meeting
Request for quotations
Purchasing of materials
Qualifications & Certifications
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more