Professor and Head
N.D. University of Agriculture and Technology, Kumarganj, Faizabad- 224229, U.P., India
February 2007 - February 2014
Teaching Plant Pathology and Life Sciences, conducting research in Plant Virology/ Plant Pathology and Administrative work in different capacities.
Department of Plant Pathology
February 2007 - January 2014
1.Principal Investigator in All India Coordinated Research Project on Under Utilized Crops (ICAR) (July 1996-June 1999).
2. Nodal Officer of Indian Agricultural Universities Association (Nov. 2001-Feb.2003).
3.Chief Hostel Warden (March2001- June2004).
4.Superintendent of the entrance examinations conducted by this university.
5.Superintendent of the home examinations conducted by this university.
6.Liaison Officer of the University (Feb. 2000- April 2002).
7.Head, Department of Plant Pathology (02.02.2007 to 31-01-2014).
8.Vice President of Consumers Corporation Society.
9.Many other additional responsibilities as assigned from time to time.
Knowledge of foreign languages:
Visited Karl-Marx University Leipzig, University of Berlin, Institute of Plant Pathology, Ascherslavan, and Haale University, Germany (1983-84) as a visiting scientist from India under Indo-GDR C.E. programme of U.G.C. Govt. of India, New Delhi.
March 2001 - June 2004
of the entrance examinations conducted by this university.
5. Superintendent of the home examinations conducted by this university.
Indian Agricultural Universities Association
November 2001 - February 2003
I was associated with IAUA as nodal officer from our University .
N.D. Univ. of Agric. & Tech., Kumarganj
Up to December 2007
on 'Important Plant Diseases of North Eastern India and Their Management' and Zonal Chapter Meeting at N.D. Univ. of Agric. & Tech., Kumarganj, Faizabad. From- Dec. 6-7, 2000. (Worked as treasurer).
Liaison Officer of the University
February 2000 - April 2002
Principal Investigator in All India Coordinated Research Project on Under Utilized Crops
July 1996 - June 1999
visiting scientist from India under Indo-GDR C.E
Institute of Plant Pathology
) as a visiting scientist from India under Indo-GDR C.E. programme of U.G.C. Govt. of India, New Delhi.
11.2.8. Membership of Professional Societies:
1. Academy of Plant Science, India.
2. Association of Plant Pathologists (Central India) (Akola)
3. Association of Plant Pathologists of India (Lucknow)
4. Association of Rice Research workers, India (Cuttack).
5. Farm Science Society of India (Kanpur)
6. Indian Botanical Society (Kolkata)
7. Indian Phytopathological Society (New Delhi)
8. Indian Science Congress Association (Kolkata) India
9. Indian Society of Mycology and Plant Pathology (Udaipur)
10. Indian Society of Plant Pathologists (Ludhiana)
11. Indian Virological Society (Hissar)
12. Society of Plant Protection Sciences, India (New Delhi)
11.2.9. Awards and honors:
Conferred Plant Pathology Leadership Award - by Indian Phytopathological Society, India, for outstanding contribution, scientific excellence and distinguished services for the cause of Plant Pathological Research, Education and Technology dissemination, which has impacted Science of Plant Pathology in the country(2012).
Assistant Prof./Associate Prof./Prof.
N.D. Univ. of Agric. & Tech
August 1982 - June 2014
11.1. Teaching: (More than 40 years)
1. Participating in teaching programme of Plant Pathology (Plant Virology, Bacteriology and Mycology etc.),Microbiology, Biotechnology and Botany to Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Ph.D. students.
2. Guided 56 M. Sc. (Ag.) and 25 Ph.D. students.
3. Planning, organizing and participating in various activities of the University, pertaining to teaching, research and extension.
11.2. Research: (More than 40 years).
11.2.1. Areas of Research:
1. Diagnosis and characterization of viral diseases of crop plants.
2. Antiviral efficacy of plant extracts in different host/virus combinations.
3. Purification, isolation and characterization of antiviral agents from higher plants (phyto -antivirals) .
4. Molecular characterization of the resistance inducing and defensive antiviral proteins from plants.
5. Mode of action of phyto-antivirals (SRIPs) in different host/virus combinations.
6. Purification, isolation and characterization of defensive antiviral proteins from host plants, induced following the treatment with phyto -antiviral agents (systemic resistance inducing proteins).
7. Antiviral efficacy of defensive antiviral proteins induced in host plants following the treatment with phyto -antiviral agents (systemic resistance inducing proteins).
8. Management of plant viral diseases through phyto -antivirals (antiviral agents of plant origin-botanicals).
Management of viral diseases of pulse crops by antiviral agent from Boerhaavia diffusa
Ecofriendly non-chemical approach for the management of viral diseases of pulse crops.
Qualifications & Certifications
Bachlor of Science(Ag),Master of Science(Ag) and Ph.D.
N.D.University of Agriculture &Technology
N.D.University of Agriculture &Technology
Bachlor of Science,Master of Science.
Lucknow University, Lucknow University
M.Sc. and Ph.D.
Lucknow University, Lucknow, U.P., India.