Toledo, OH, USA
Sales management professional, MBA, and entrepreneur with a successful record of building strong working relationships and consistently growing sales in assigned accounts.
• Successfully manage a geographically large, $11.8 million dollar sales territory, while consistently surpassing sales goals & effectively maximizing use of allocated financial resources.
• Oversee talent management initiatives, including recruiting & hiring of 12+ seasonal associates, managing their schedule and job performance, coaching & developing the team to meet the needs of customers, consumers, and company objectives.
• Develop & maintain ongoing professional relationships with several key decision makers at customer accounts, routinely communicating product and promotion details, resolving issues, and identifying opportunities to maximize sales.
• Educated & able to see the “big picture”, and align sales and marketing strategies to achieve company goals and objectives.
• Working knowledge of Business Warehouse (SAP), MS Excel, MS Access, and MS PowerPoint.
• Self-motivated with excellent planning, organization, communication, and computer skills.
• 10+ years of combined sales management & customer service experience.
Owner & Founder
September 2009 - September 2009
Eco2o was created as an ongoing project to work on while completing my MBA degree. I developed a strategic business plan, and implementation strategy for a consumer focused, eco-friendly hydration brand. Working on Eco2o has given me relevant experience in all aspects of brand management; as well as ecommerce, product sourcing, pricing, packaging, positioning, marketing & promotion.
•Successfully built strategic working relationships with organizations such as One Percent for The Planet, the Snapple Triathlon Team, the Ohio Environmental Council, and Charity: Water.
•Planned & executed a national, multi-channel marketing campaign to facilitate brand awareness and consumer engagement.
•Led the development & execution of a company website and consumer engaging social media pages.
•Websites for reference: Eco2o.com; Facebook.com/eco2o; Twitter.com/eco2o
The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company
May 2007 - May 2007
Responsible for maximizing profitable sales growth within assigned customer accounts. Develop, present, and execute sales plan to achieve set goals. Recruit, coach, and provided leadership to a 12+ person merchandising & counseling team. Manage and maintain allocated financial resources such as labor & expense budgets. Present marketing & promotional plans to retail partners and conduct seasonal business reviews with key decision makers to help influence strategies and successfully grow top line sales.
• Manage an $11.8 million, 44-store territory consisting of Home Depot, Lowes, and Wal-Mart accounts.
• FY’10 Results: Increased top line sales +10.2% sales versus prior year in my assigned territory.
• FY’09 Results: Increased top line sales +12.2% sales versus prior year in my assigned territory.
Awards & Recognition
• 2010 Gro Your Own POS Contest Winner
• 2010 MLB POS Contest Winner
• 2010 MW Gro The Business Contest Winner
• 2010 MW Conference - Fall Contest Winner
• 2008 (March) Miracle-Gro “It’s Gro Time” Contest Winner
• 2007 (July) Miracle-Gro LiquaFeed Contest Winner
Weaver Brothers Inc.
July 2005 - May 2007
Responsible for promoting and selling Weaver Brothers Inc. branded products, including national name brand Egglands Best®, in grocery retailers. Called on Meijer and Kroger accounts and increased sales by building and maintaining strong in-store relationships. Monitored inventory levels and increased on-shelf display space to influence consumer purchases.
•Efforts resulted in driving a competing brand out of the Columbus, OH market.
Merchandiser & Counselor
The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company
March 2004 - May 2007
Responsible for merchandising all Scotts Miracle-Gro branded products, building displays, and communicating product knowledge and benefits to customer accounts and consumers. Served as a leader in the team, routinely asked to go above and beyond my required responsibilities by helping to train new associates, order inventory, and leverage relationships with store managers to gain additional display space and capitalize on sales..
•Mastered customer service skills, learning how to relate to every individual customer, identifying their problem and then educating them on the best product(s) to resolve their specific issue(s).
•Excelled at learning product knowledge about hundreds of Scotts, Miracle-Gro, Ortho, and Roundup branded products.
Abercrombie & Fitch
September 2003 - July 2005
Qualifications & Certifications
University of Findlay
The Ohio State University
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more