Kyazze Ssanyu Edward
Kampala, Central Region, Uganda
Sign Language Interpreter,Sign Language Lecturer At Universities And Community Development Technocra
professional sign language interpreter,adult educator and community development specialist
At Mpigi district persons with disabilities union (MPIDIPU)-based in Mpigi.
Specific key duties in my work at MPIDIPU.
• Lead and manage programme activities at the district.
• Organize and support advocacy and capacity building trainings at the district.
• Responsible for scheduling and organizing DDSHAC meetings.
• Prepare district work plans and implementation of schedules of quarterly activities.
• Mobilize and support PWDs to form peerage groups.
• Mobilize and support HIV+ PWDs to form associations.
• Prepare reports both narrative and financial (monthly, quarterly) and to submit them on time to funders.
• Responsible for the project funds as a bank agent.
• Actively Represent PWDs in Disability and HIV/AIDs forums at the District and national events
• Management of the monitoring and evaluation tools, data storage and analysis.
• Being the contact person for the funders.
Success achieved during my work at MPIDIPU.
➢ Started a vibrant drama group of positive living persons with disabilities.
➢ Managed to mobilize resources for the district union from civil society fund to a tune of approximately 300 million for three years through proposal writing.
➢ Mpigi district selected as of the two role model districts for being a basis to the evaluation of the project of HIV&sAIDS phase II in October 2012 by NUDIPU out of the thirteen districts.
➢ MPIDIPU through my lobby and advocacy skills managed to get funds from World vision to organise the international disability day cerebration in Nkozi sub county of Mpigi district 2012.
➢ Supported PWDS group formation and capacity development, and the group benefited in the trust fund window of the HIV&AIDS program of NUDIPU.
➢ Advocated for the provision of office space to PWDS associations at all the three sub counties of the project area, offices provided.
➢ Four groups of PWDS supported in constitutional development and managed to befit from the special grant of persons with disabilities from the district local...
Up to April 2011
2007 -04.2011 interpreting in Parliament of Uganda as sign language interpreter
1 Work as an interpreter from sign language to spoken and vice versa
1 Facilitate effective communication between MPs, staff, visitors and the public schedules/appointments for MPs.
2 Managing information and providing administrative support in keeping track of schedules/appointments for MPs.
3 Traveling with MPs to constituencies/International Assignments.
4 Traveling with MPs for public hearings.
5 Interpreting in plenary, committee meetings and caucus.
6 Perform any other duties as assigned by Hon. MP.
Kampala International University
Department of Special Needs & Early Childhood Education
Under the following roles.
• Develop assessments which are congruent with goals in content and process of the curriculum.
• Identifies and clearly communicates lesson objectives to students.
• Demonstrates current knowledge of curriculum in subject field.
• Organizes the instructional materials to provide for effective students use.
• Develop the teaching content.
• Develops readiness for learning.
• Develop teaching and learning course outlines,
• Guide students any mater of their academics.
• Prepare timely course works and marking them.
• Setting exams, supervising and marking them in time.
• Providing a one- to- one instruction with students.
• Collects and share evidence of students learning,
• Supervision of students on projects and practicum.
• Attending departmental meetings.
• Assist students in establishing goals for learning.
• responding positively to constructive criticism
Instructor in Sign Language
2006 to date: participate in UNEB exams every year.
Uganda National Association of Sign Language Interpreters
2005 - To date Special Needs Invigilator of UNEB Examinations
to Estates in supervision of Estates maintenance
Access toHIV&AIDs health services by PWDs in Mpigi,Development of curricula for institutions on dis,
baseline survey on universal access to health services by PWDs, Developed a training curriculum for Kampala International University on special needs education training to secondary school teachers etc.
Qualifications & Certifications
Diploma in sign language,degree in ACE,&PGD in SNE
DIPLOMA IN SIGN LANGUAGE INTERPRETING
Uganda National Institute
Katoma Primary School
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more