Sign Language Interpreter,Sign Language Lecturer At Universities And Community Development Technocra
professional sign language interpreter,adult educator and community development specialist
At Mpigi district persons with disabilities union (MPIDIPU)-based in Mpigi.
Specific key duties in my work at MPIDIPU.
• Lead and manage programme activities at the district.
• Organize and support advocacy and capacity building trainings at the district.
• Responsible for scheduling and organizing DDSHAC meetings.
• Prepare district work plans and implementation of schedules of quarterly activities.
• Mobilize and support PWDs to form peerage groups.
• Mobilize and support HIV+ PWDs to form associations.
• Prepare reports both narrative and financial (monthly, quarterly) and to submit them on time to funders.
• Responsible for the project funds as a bank agent.
• Actively Represent PWDs in Disability and HIV/AIDs forums at the District and national events
• Management of the monitoring and evaluation tools, data storage and analysis.
• Being the contact person for the funders.
Success achieved during my work at MPIDIPU.
➢ Started a vibrant drama group of positive living persons with disabilities.
➢ Managed to mobilize resources for the district union from civil society fund to a tune of approximately 300 million for three years through proposal writing.
➢ Mpigi district selected as of the two role model districts for being a basis to the evaluation of the project of HIV&sAIDS phase II in October 2012 by NUDIPU out of the thirteen districts.
➢ MPIDIPU through my lobby and advocacy skills managed to get funds from World vision to organise the international disability day cerebration in Nkozi sub county of Mpigi district 2012.
➢ Supported PWDS group formation and capacity development, and the group benefited in the trust fund window of the HIV&AIDS program of NUDIPU.
➢ Advocated for the provision of office space to PWDS associations at all the three sub counties of the project area, offices provided.
➢ Four groups of PWDS supported in constitutional development and managed to befit from the special grant of persons with disabilities from the district local...
Up to April 2011
2007 -04.2011 interpreting in Parliament of Uganda as sign language interpreter
1 Work as an interpreter from sign language to spoken and vice versa
1 Facilitate effective communication between MPs, staff, visitors and the public schedules/appointments for MPs.
2 Managing information and providing administrative support in keeping track of schedules/appointments for MPs.
3 Traveling with MPs to constituencies/International Assignments.
4 Traveling with MPs for public hearings.
5 Interpreting in plenary, committee meetings and caucus.
6 Perform any other duties as assigned by Hon. MP.
Kampala International University
Department of Special Needs & Early Childhood Education
Under the following roles.
• Develop assessments which are congruent with goals in content and process of the curriculum.
• Identifies and clearly communicates lesson objectives to students.
• Demonstrates current knowledge of curriculum in subject field.
• Organizes the instructional materials to provide for effective students use.
• Develop the teaching content.
• Develops readiness for learning.
• Develop teaching and learning course outlines,
• Guide students any mater of their academics.
• Prepare timely course works and marking them.
• Setting exams, supervising and marking them in time.
• Providing a one- to- one instruction with students.
• Collects and share evidence of students learning,
• Supervision of students on projects and practicum.
• Attending departmental meetings.
• Assist students in establishing goals for learning.
• responding positively to constructive criticism
Instructor in Sign Language
2006 to date: participate in UNEB exams every year.
Uganda National Association of Sign Language Interpreters
2005 - To date Special Needs Invigilator of UNEB Examinations
to Estates in supervision of Estates maintenance
Access toHIV&AIDs health services by PWDs in Mpigi,Development of curricula for institutions on dis,
baseline survey on universal access to health services by PWDs, Developed a training curriculum for Kampala International University on special needs education training to secondary school teachers etc.
Qualifications & Certifications
Diploma in sign language,degree in ACE,&PGD in SNE
DIPLOMA IN SIGN LANGUAGE INTERPRETING
Uganda National Institute