Deputy Chief Process Engineer
Toyo Engineering Canada Ltd
Associated with managing a department of 22 Process Engineers.
• Activities include lead engineer's role for Shell's prestigious CO2 capture project, close out activities on several Shell projects, and lead engineer's responsibilities in MEG HI-Q pilot plant project.
• Responsibilities include recruitment, training, mentoring junior engineers, monitoring schedule and quality control of the department personnel.
• Determining outsourcing requirements within Toyo group for cost reduction.
• Business development activities.
Head of Department, Process
GL Noble Denton, Sharjah, UAE
• Leading a team of six Process Engineers for the FEED for 1000 MMSCFD offshore gas platform and associated Sealines, PLEM and Calm Buoy for South Pars Phase 11, Iran.
• Detailed engineering of Diesel storage tanks for KJO at Al Khafji as per Aramco standards
• Design review of storage and pumping facilities at Das Island and Zakum water injection facilities for ADMA OPCO.
Lead Process Engineer
for FEED phase of Cenovus Foster Creek project for 100,000 bpd SAGD operations at Cold Lake.
• Detailed Engineering of Cenovus Foster Creek project for 100,000 bpd SAGD operations at Cold Lake.
• Seconded to Albian Sands to work as a contact engineer at Fort Mcmurray. Duties included:
➢ Trouble shooting TSRU pipeline to meet increased pumping requirements, arising due to increased levels in tailings pond.
➢ Identifying additional instrumentation required in Ore Preparation, Extraction, Froth Treatment and Utilities for ERCB audit and optimizing operations
➢ Identifying pumping limitations in Froth Treatment for capacity increase to 220,000 bpd.
• EDS of LC Finer for Northwest Upgrader.
Senior Process Engineer
Seconded to Syncrude to work as a contact engineer in extraction and tailings.
• Monitoring plant performance
• Overall support to plant operations including design checks on hydraulics, sizing checks for equipment, piping and instrumentation
• Represent Extraction Technical in Environmental, Health and Safety issues.
• Attend HAZOP and Risk Analysis meetings and implement the recommendations of the board.
• Exchange of technical information with Mechanical, Instrumentation, Projects and Management with respect to operations.
• Review Process Design and activities by the EPC contractor.
• Preparation of material and energy balance model for Extraction, Tailings and Utilities
• Resolution of process design issues by changes in operations, instrumentation and procedures.
• Stewardship towards recovery improvements including further technology developmental studies on cycloseparator and new studies on thermocompression of steam and provide cost effective and timely engineering solutions.
• Stewardship towards improving density of tailings by optimizing equipment utilization
• Assistance to flow sheet project, mainly towards optimizing energy utilization
• Troubleshooting issues towards deaerator froth pumping including system analysis, verification of hydraulics in the froth line and evaluation of the process control scheme.
• Troubleshooting towards integration of UE-1 facilities with the base plant.
• Mentoring junior engineers.
Senior Process Engineer
• Basic and detailed engineering of Utilities for Albian Sands. Optimization and distribution of steam, natural gas, instrument air, plant air, raw water, potable water and gland water systems. Interfacing with all process units to ensure timely completion of project.
• Trouble shooting and detailed engineering of Aurora Train 1 facilities under Capital Sustaining Project. Duties included augmenting facilities for bitumen recovery, incorporating additional storage for froth treatment, redesign of the froth pumping system and extension of tailings transfer facilities.
• Basic Engineering of SWQR for Syncrude.
• Conceptual study on design of a new flare system for Agrium, Canada. Duties included evaluating the possibilities and provide a safe and reliable cost effective solution.
• Preparation of flaring procedures for North West Territories, Canada. The procedures have been subsequently implemented and is a law in the province.
Fluor Daniel Canada, Inc
• Preparation of DBM for trouble shooting the flare system and optimization of pressure relieving system at Suncor.
• Preliminary studies on delayed coking operations for improved performance.
Senior Process Engineer
Delta Hudson Engineering Ltd
Detailed engineering of the co-generation facilities for TransAlta at Fort Nelson. Responsibilities included detailed simulation using HYSIM, selection of specialty equipment including water treatment facilities and leading HAZOP.
Senior Process Engineer
Pan Emirates Colt Engineering
Abu Dhabi, UAE.
Seconded to NPCC, a leading engineering and construction company in Abu Dhabi. Worked as a Lead Engineer for the following projects:
• Conceptual design of the Oil Dehydration Facilities at ZADCO, for offshore satellites platforms and onshore collection facilities. Responsibilities included sample collection, testing, analysis, test runs, interface with operations and coordination with vendor to optimize dehydration facilities considering future increasing water content in oil.
• Basic and Detailed engineering of topsides facilities including GOSP for Elf Petroleum, Qatar.
• Detailed Engineering of topsides facilities for seven oil wellhead platforms including GOSP, and two gas platforms for ADNOC, Abu Dhabi
• Detailed Engineering of Intelligent Pigging Facilities for ADMA OPCO, Abu Dhabi.
• Detailed Engineering of Kuzey Marmara offshore oil platform, Turkey, including vapor compression, oil separation and dehydration systems.
• Detailed Engineering of LPG blending facilities for ADNOC.
• Basic and Detailed engineering of flare platforms for Maersk Oil, Qatar.
• Basic Engineering Package for Effluent Water Treatment Plant for ADCO, Abu Dhabi.
• Basic engineering of upgrading of drain systems for GASCO, Abu Dhabi. Duties covered preparation of operating manual for the upgraded facilities.
Deputy Chief Engineer - Process
Saudi Engineering Group International
- Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia.
• Detailed engineering of NGL upgrading facilities at Abqaiq for Aramco including modeling the plant for optimum NGL recovery and installation of a new Ethylene Glycol dehydration system.
• Optimization of various equipment in hydrotreater, desalter, flare system, and steam condensate system for Riyadh Refineries.
Chief Engineer - Process
Uhde India Ltd
• In charge of pre-commissioning and commissioning activities of the $ 275 million Caprolactum project under license of BASF - Germany & POL Services - Poland. Duties covered preparation of precommissioning procedures, commissioning procedures, and operating manual.
• Debottlenecking studies for Tamilnadu Petroproducts Ltd. Responsibilities included revamping distillation columns, compressors, heat exchangers, etc. for increase in capacities, in conjunction with the process licenser, UOP.
• Basic Engineering of Metal Complex Dyestuff and Dispersions expansion project for BASF (I) Ltd. under license of BASF - Germany. Responsibilities included optimization studies for multi product production and close liaison with operations and vendor on material selection for various corrosive conditions.
• Process design of Caustic Soda and Caustic Potash plants for Gujarat Alkalis and Chemicals Ltd., using Du Pont's membrane cell technology. Responsibilities included engineering several material handling equipment, proprietary separation equipment, and selection of specialized materials of construction under corrosive and magnetic environment.
Manager - Process
Topack Industries (I) Ltd
Bombay, India. (A licensee of Glitsch in India)
• Well trained in design, trouble shooting of distillation and absorption columns at Glitsch's works and offices at USA, UK, and Italy for over one year. Reasonably strong expertise developed in design of columns using sieve trays, valve trays, bubble cap trays, random packing, structured packing, etc.
• Reasonable exposure to hydrotreating operations having designed several columns, column internals, pump around systems and side strippers. Detailed simulation studies of column and associated equipment like pump around systems, side strippers, condensers, reboilers, reflux drums, etc. using Simsci simulation package.
• Troubleshooting crude and vacuum distillation columns for Madras Refineries with structured packing to improve the product quality and increase in plant capacity by 25-30%.
• Assistance in design of a new hydrocracker for Indian Oil Corporation, in conjunction with the process licensor, Chevron
• Design of several distillation and absorption columns using sieve trays, valve trays, bubble cap trays, high efficiency packing, structured packing, etc. for several applications ranging from refinery distillation, amine recovery, fertilizer industries, pharmaceutical applications, etc.
Davy Powergas (I) Ltd
• Deputed to work with their associates, Zimmer AG, Germany for Design of NAKO Refineries, Germany. Independently handled material & energy balance for this project.
• Design and commissioning of Alpha Methyl Styrene project for Herdillia Chemicals Ltd. Responsibilities included witnessing laboratory runs, collection of laboratory data, design and installation of pilot plant equipment, process study and analysis of pilot plant, scaling up of pilot plant data to commercial plant, design precommissioning and commissioning of commercial plant.
• Revamped Special Oil Refinery expansion project to increase the capacity by 40 %. Responsibilities included detailed studies on hydrotreaters, crude oil separation, visbreaker, catalytic cracking and catalyst recovery unit.
Junior Chemical Engineer
Knik Chemical Engineers Pvt. Ltd
• Scaling up of Transformer and Lubricating Oil plant from laboratory data to pilot plant and subsequently to commercial plant for Savita Chemicals Ltd.
• Design and project execution of Lyndiol Project for Organon (India) Ltd.
• Relocating and capacity improvement of HDPE extrusion plant for Exomet Plastics Ltd
Jaycee Chemicals Pvt. Ltd
Shift in Charge
Jaycee Chemicals Pvt. Ltd., - India.
• Total Operation during a shift of a fine chemical unit manufacturing Para Nitro Benzoic Acid.
• Reduced the cost of production by 12%.
Qualifications & Certifications
Indian Institute of Technology
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more