- Part time
• More than 10 years of work experience in assessing and intervening speech- language, swallowing and hearing disorders.
• Expertise in clinical management of speech-language disorders in pediatric, adult and geriatric population.
• Proficient in dealing with documentation and ethical issues in the field of speech-language pathology
• Competent in reporting and making appropriate referrals.
• Proficient in screening, assessment and intervention of disorders related to Dysphagia.
• Knowledge of the importance of team approach in the field of speech-language pathology.
• Ability to counsel the parents/clients regarding issues related to speech- language disorders as well as building a positive approach and self-confidence.
• Providing academic and clinical leadership to students pursuing bachelor degree in audiology and speech language pathology.
• Conducting training programs for educating families and care givers to implement early intervention.
• Prescribing hearing Aids including programmable hearing Aids and counseling their usage.
• Conducting lectures for Graduate, Postgraduate students and medical professionals on subjects related to Speech and Hearing.
CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE:
American Speech Language Hearing Association
In the field of Speech pathology and audiology
Speech & Language:
• Assessment of speech and language disorders namely: acquired childhood aphasia, developmental
dysarthria, hyper functional voice disorder, delayed speech and language development with hearing
loss, cleft lip and palate, nasality with misarticulations, phonological disorders, normal non-fluency,
stuttering, learning disability, brocas aphasia, laryngectomees, specific language impairment,
dysphagia and apraxia.
• Identification and rehabilitation of speech/language delays in children with mental retardation,
cerebral palsy,pervasive developmental disorders, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder,
developmental delays, traumatic brain injury and tracheostomised patients.
• Familiarisation with tests such as Linguistic Profile Test, Bankson Articulation Test, REELS, Western
Aphasia Battery, Illinois Test of Psycholinguistic abilities, Token Test, Borders Test, Cognitive
prerequisites, Picture articulation tests, Stuttering severity index, Boston diagnostic aphasia
examination, RIPA-G, MMSE, GDS bedside dysphagia evaluation.
• Technical familiarity in Vaghmi package, PM Pitch Analyzer, Vocal II Aero phone, Nasometer,
Speech Spectograph, Delayed Auditory feedback, SAFA, Speech Trainers.
• Clinical management of patients with hearing problems such as otosclerosis, otitis media and
various other middle ear problems, presbycusis.
• Use of variety of tools including audio-visual equipment and computers to treat hearing problems.
• Technical familiarity in pure tone audiometer, Impedance audiometer, IGO, OAE, BERA.
• Various levels of professionals, students and parents.
• Framing syllabi and paper setting for various short term training programs, Masters and
Postgraduate Diploma level courses.
• Associated in presenting a lecture on “Overview of speech and language problems in children with
cerebral palsy” for medical professionals.
• Working knowledge of MS Office applications
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more