Business Analyst (INY)
September 2012 - December 2012
Ensuring that and creating operational & Capex orders from authorized
www.nsfas.org.za • Ensuring Creditors receive a order as per there quote before any work is carried out
National Student Financial Aid scheme provides loans and bursaries to • Invoice is paid on time (according to credit agreement)
academically deserving students. • Invoice reconciled to purchase order
• Ensuring that all service level agreements with creditors are agreed upon and understood by both parties prior to any transaction.
• Ensuring that both parties adhere to the agreement so that none will be in breach.
• Higher Education Link Project
Building Maintenance (Operations)
June 2006 - August 2012
Deliverable • Conduct general building and equipment inspection on a monthly basis
• Repairs required are identified
• Support Users Reporting Requirements (incl. Data extracts) • Repair quotes are obtained from Vendors
• Develop and Implement Backup strategy with Facilities team • Ensure that purchase order is raised as per quote
• Liaise with vendor as when would be convenient to start repairs as well as • Verify import data from universities systems
sending approved purchase order
• Co-ordinate data reconciliation with universities departments • Monitor workmanship as to adhere to Pick n Pay and ISO standards
• Document and test system enhancements • Correct cost allocation
• Communicate with the Property management regarding building and equipment
• Ensuring that the IS Building is clean
• Ensuring good security (all doors can and is locked)
• Is the waste removed on a daily basis
• Ensuring that fire distinguishers inspected and tagged as required
December 2006 - August 2012
Ensuring issues are escalated so that deliverable timeframes are not
• Participating on Budget preparations for budget cycle
Professional Profile •Kurt Lance Petersen
June 2005 - May 2006
Recording functional/technical specifications from client
The Pick n Pay Group is one of Africa's largest and most consistently successful • Interacting with developers in order to meet development deadlines
retailers of food, general merchandise and clothing. • Training clients end user on software once completed
• Recommend appropriate solutions to clients
• Perform quality assurance testing before go live
Software Systems Tester
System Testing the Financial System
May 2003 - June 2005
Maintained program for client/ customer base and marketing
• Advised customers about product knowledge
• System Testing the Financial System • Administered customer queries
• Participating on JAD workshops
• Post sales service
• Interpreting Business Requirements
• Compiling Test data
• Compiling test packs with expected outcomes
• Executing test scripts
• Managing test change control
• Regression Testing
• Parallel Testing
Established in South Africa in 1981, Something Fishy is a fast expanding
food chain. Stores are located countrywide and abroad and serve seafood and combo value meals including seafood, fish, chicken and salad. Full
training is provided.
June 2001 - May 2003
is a leader in South African business-to-business
communication, where our primary service and product offerings i.e. • Managing a staff compliment of twelve
Events and Publishing, aim to reward, celebrate and advertise the best in • Human Recourses duties - Employing, Sick and annual leave control,
South African business and government; educate; inform; foster Making up of wages, Paying over of UIF, Disciplinary, etc
• Making up of deposits for banking
relationships; and facilitate understanding on a range of topical issues and
• Timeless payment of creditors, Vat and Franchise fees
subjects. • Marketing/ promoting store
• Negotiating with suppliers to save cost and to increase bottom-line
Professional Profile •Kurt Lance Petersen to company policy procedures.
• Mediated between staff and management
Southern Life Association
• Always looked for the best solution before any procedure could take
Southern Life was an insurance company that was around for over 100 years place as this would ensure a win-win situation. and was taken over by First Rand Holdings. All their business was taken over by Momentum which is First Rand's insurance arm.
Executive Sales Consultant
May 2000 - July 2001
Liased with company CEO's & MD's
• Contacting potential customers
System Administrator/ Tester
June 1990 - December 1999
(June 1990 - December 1999) Old Mutual was founded in 1845 and is one of South Africa's oldest companies.
It is a leading international long-term savings, protection, banking and
• Interpreting business spec's
investment Group. Based in London they are trusted by more than 14 million
• Defined test strategies, plans, scripts, etc customers. For over 166 years they have been serving
• Maintained the New business system
• Tested the New business system the growing insurance and investment needs of local customers, companies and
• Managed the on-line system their advisors.
• Resolved system queries
• Liaised and provide programmers with specification on problem solving.
February 1988 - May 1990
Authored training manuals
• Evaluated printers (desk top lasers) for Life Division, • Reconciling group scheme insurance schedules vs the Old Mutual system
• Proposed system solution to board level of which printer would suit their • Working on the SAP scheme which was the second largest one.
needs. • Any anomalies were either placed on a R8 sheet for additional premiums or a R2
• Installing PC software and doing general PC support. if there was not enough premium, to be captured by the data centre.
• Controlling the registering and deleting users on data base.
Ibsa/Semco (Insurance Banking Staff Association)
• MS Office & MS Access
• MS Explorer & Netscape navigator
• Chairman of the staff representative body at Southern Life for 5
years • JAVA
• Negotiated with the company (management) on staff increases and • Windows 2010,2007,2000, 98, 95, XP
related benefits • Lotus Notes & Ms Outlook
• Track Record
• Monthly meetings with staff representatives re staffing issues.
• Represented staff with disciplinary hearings both at the office as well as at the CCMA.
• Ensured that management and staff upheld their part when it came
Professional Profile •Kurt Lance Petersen
Training and Short Courses )
Qualifications & Certifications
St Columba's Boys High
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more