Business Analyst (INY)
September 2012 - December 2012
Ensuring that and creating operational & Capex orders from authorized
www.nsfas.org.za • Ensuring Creditors receive a order as per there quote before any work is carried out
National Student Financial Aid scheme provides loans and bursaries to • Invoice is paid on time (according to credit agreement)
academically deserving students. • Invoice reconciled to purchase order
• Ensuring that all service level agreements with creditors are agreed upon and understood by both parties prior to any transaction.
• Ensuring that both parties adhere to the agreement so that none will be in breach.
• Higher Education Link Project
Building Maintenance (Operations)
June 2006 - August 2012
Deliverable • Conduct general building and equipment inspection on a monthly basis
• Repairs required are identified
• Support Users Reporting Requirements (incl. Data extracts) • Repair quotes are obtained from Vendors
• Develop and Implement Backup strategy with Facilities team • Ensure that purchase order is raised as per quote
• Liaise with vendor as when would be convenient to start repairs as well as • Verify import data from universities systems
sending approved purchase order
• Co-ordinate data reconciliation with universities departments • Monitor workmanship as to adhere to Pick n Pay and ISO standards
• Document and test system enhancements • Correct cost allocation
• Communicate with the Property management regarding building and equipment
• Ensuring that the IS Building is clean
• Ensuring good security (all doors can and is locked)
• Is the waste removed on a daily basis
• Ensuring that fire distinguishers inspected and tagged as required
December 2006 - August 2012
Ensuring issues are escalated so that deliverable timeframes are not
• Participating on Budget preparations for budget cycle
Professional Profile •Kurt Lance Petersen
June 2005 - May 2006
Recording functional/technical specifications from client
The Pick n Pay Group is one of Africa's largest and most consistently successful • Interacting with developers in order to meet development deadlines
retailers of food, general merchandise and clothing. • Training clients end user on software once completed
• Recommend appropriate solutions to clients
• Perform quality assurance testing before go live
Software Systems Tester
System Testing the Financial System
May 2003 - June 2005
Maintained program for client/ customer base and marketing
• Advised customers about product knowledge
• System Testing the Financial System • Administered customer queries
• Participating on JAD workshops
• Post sales service
• Interpreting Business Requirements
• Compiling Test data
• Compiling test packs with expected outcomes
• Executing test scripts
• Managing test change control
• Regression Testing
• Parallel Testing
Established in South Africa in 1981, Something Fishy is a fast expanding
food chain. Stores are located countrywide and abroad and serve seafood and combo value meals including seafood, fish, chicken and salad. Full
training is provided.
June 2001 - May 2003
is a leader in South African business-to-business
communication, where our primary service and product offerings i.e. • Managing a staff compliment of twelve
Events and Publishing, aim to reward, celebrate and advertise the best in • Human Recourses duties - Employing, Sick and annual leave control,
South African business and government; educate; inform; foster Making up of wages, Paying over of UIF, Disciplinary, etc
• Making up of deposits for banking
relationships; and facilitate understanding on a range of topical issues and
• Timeless payment of creditors, Vat and Franchise fees
subjects. • Marketing/ promoting store
• Negotiating with suppliers to save cost and to increase bottom-line
Professional Profile •Kurt Lance Petersen to company policy procedures.
• Mediated between staff and management
Southern Life Association
• Always looked for the best solution before any procedure could take
Southern Life was an insurance company that was around for over 100 years place as this would ensure a win-win situation. and was taken over by First Rand Holdings. All their business was taken over by Momentum which is First Rand's insurance arm.
Executive Sales Consultant
May 2000 - July 2001
Liased with company CEO's & MD's
• Contacting potential customers
System Administrator/ Tester
June 1990 - December 1999
(June 1990 - December 1999) Old Mutual was founded in 1845 and is one of South Africa's oldest companies.
It is a leading international long-term savings, protection, banking and
• Interpreting business spec's
investment Group. Based in London they are trusted by more than 14 million
• Defined test strategies, plans, scripts, etc customers. For over 166 years they have been serving
• Maintained the New business system
• Tested the New business system the growing insurance and investment needs of local customers, companies and
• Managed the on-line system their advisors.
• Resolved system queries
• Liaised and provide programmers with specification on problem solving.
February 1988 - May 1990
Authored training manuals
• Evaluated printers (desk top lasers) for Life Division, • Reconciling group scheme insurance schedules vs the Old Mutual system
• Proposed system solution to board level of which printer would suit their • Working on the SAP scheme which was the second largest one.
needs. • Any anomalies were either placed on a R8 sheet for additional premiums or a R2
• Installing PC software and doing general PC support. if there was not enough premium, to be captured by the data centre.
• Controlling the registering and deleting users on data base.
Ibsa/Semco (Insurance Banking Staff Association)
• MS Office & MS Access
• MS Explorer & Netscape navigator
• Chairman of the staff representative body at Southern Life for 5
years • JAVA
• Negotiated with the company (management) on staff increases and • Windows 2010,2007,2000, 98, 95, XP
related benefits • Lotus Notes & Ms Outlook
• Track Record
• Monthly meetings with staff representatives re staffing issues.
• Represented staff with disciplinary hearings both at the office as well as at the CCMA.
• Ensured that management and staff upheld their part when it came
Professional Profile •Kurt Lance Petersen
Training and Short Courses )
Qualifications & Certifications
St Columba's Boys High