Software Test Engineer
- Full time
- Part time
- One time
Senior Software Engineer
July 2006 - January 2009
Technologies Used: C, C++ (Bug fixing), Format Definition Language (FDL), UNIX, Mercury Quality Center, UT & IT.
The SuperNode Billing Application (SBA) is a distributed, high capacity, scalable billing system that offloads the functionality of the DMS family switch. The primary purpose of the SBA is to receive billing records from the Computing Module (CM), perform processing, and configured to route the records to the operating company's downstream processor(s)
Core and Billing Manager (CBM) is Solaris based computing server, that provides OAM&P services for the Nortel's DMS (Digital Multiplex Switch), so that the switch's work is offloaded, thus aids in better call processing by the switch. SDM/CBM has applications running on it which provides the OAM&P services. They cater to all the needs of the wire line (VOIP) and wireless market (CDMA and GSM) world.
1. SBA Maintenance Team
• Resolved bugs and enhancements on various modules of the SBA application.
• Provided response to various SBA queries raised by the client in the area of work and my ownership.
• Mentor for the new team members
• Involved in validation of migration procedures for all applications between SDM and CBM.
2. CBM- Development Team
• Designer for feature activity that involves support of new billing MGCF (Media Gateway Control Function) records on the CBM from the switch.
• Prime for feature activities that involve release on release sustenance of SDM/CBM applications for both CDMA and GSM markets.
• Code ownership of wireless modules related to CDMA and GSM.
• Mentor for the new team members.
• Provided support to Project Manager in managing Qualitative data of deliverables for the entire team
January 2005 - June 2006
Technologies Used: C (Bug Fixing), Automated Test Tool (HARNESS), SIP, Clear case, UT and IT.
The project involves enhancing the Marconi SCP (Service Control Platform) to support the SIP subscribers connected over the IP network, to make/receive calls for 3rd party applications using PARLAY services. As part of this project SLP (Service Logic Program) was developed to do the SIP protocol to PARLAY API conversion. The generic service logic creation platform was modified to support SIP protocol. GSCE (Graphical Service Creation Environment) was the platform used to create the Service Logic Programs, by combining different Service building Block (SBB). For this project new service building blocks were created to facilitate SIP message handling. Marconi Internal Simulator and Test Harness were used for testing the GSBB functionalities.
• Joined as a fresher and I was involved in enhancement of the Test harness (GUI Applications) tool to test the SIP message handling Service Building Blocks.
• Involved in enhancement of the Marconi Internal SIMULATOR to test the SIP message handling Service Building Blocks.
• Involved in fixing the bugs raised internally and externally from the field (British Telecom).
Project Engineer / Senior Software Engineer
October 2004 - February 2009
DESIGNATION IN WIPRO: Project Engineer/Senior Software Engineer
Qualifications & Certifications
PSGG Kanaya Gurukulam Hr.Sec.School
Sri Ramakrishna Engineering College (Bharathiar University)
Institute & University
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more