Metro Railway Experts
I am a Civil Engineer with 20 years of rich experience in major railway & Metro railway construction projects in UAE & India.
Working in capacities with contractor, consultant and client organizations, I have extensive experience of supervising diverse jobs - foundations including various kinds of piles, pile caps, well foundation,Neumatic Cassions ,construction of elevated viaducts, underground tunnels using TBM and cut & cover methods, structural & finishing works for station buildings and depots. My strong communication & liaising skills enables coordination for traffic management & diversion and utilities protection & diversion in different environments in concert with multiple agencies.
My track record establishes my credentials of completing all assignments on time, within budgets and adhering to quality & safety requirements.
Currently I am working with Saipem-Dodsal-Technimont JV (SDTJV) in the Etihad Rail project in Abu Dhabi UAE. I have worked with RITES on Bangalore Metro and with DMRCL on Delhi Metro and KRCL on Konkan Railway projects in India.
Confident of achieving all predefined targets & milestones, I enclose my resume. I look forward to a meeting to discuss how I can add value to your organization.
Kumod Kumar Sinha
Etihad Rail Program Management Consultant
SAIPEM-DODSAL-TECNIMONT JOINT VENTURE (SDTJV)
From September 2012
Abu Dhabi UAE
Project: Etihad Rail: Civil & Track Works for Stage 1 - Habshan to Ruwais Client: Etihad Rail Program Management Consultant: Parsons AECOM JV
Construction Manager, Sep 2012 to date
Report to: Construction Director Team: 51 Role: Contractor's Representative
• Supervise all construction works for the Etihad Rail depot at Mirfa ensuring adherence to schedules & specifications and safety rules.
• Monitor track works executed by the subcontractor, SALCEF and utilization of ballast rolling stock.
• Coordinate with various agencies for diversion & protection of utilities at site.
• Interface with the client & PMC to resolve all construction, quality & safety issues.
• Managed construction activities on a 30 km section including earthworks, utility crossing structures, road over bridges (ROB) and road under bridges (RUB).
• Coordinated with utility agencies GASCO, ADCO, Takreer & Transco for undertaking construction along the corridor ensuring protection & safety of existing crude oil, gas and water pipelines. Liaised and obtained required permits to work (PTW) and ensured adherence to strict safety requirements.
• Supervised all major & minor construction jobs including review & approval of shop drawings and bar bending schedules (BBS).
• Coordinated all activities for successfully resolving all issues related to obstructions & hindrances in the planned construction alignment of 262 km.
September 2008 - September 2012
Project: Bangalore Metro Rail Project: Station buildings in Reach R2, 4.8 km Viaduct & Underground sections Client: BMRCL
General Manager, Sep 2008 to Sep 2012
Reported to: Project Director Team: 21 Role: Consultant's Representative
• Coordinated with client & contractors and monitored various construction jobs. Ensured progress & quality as per the baseline program specified in the contract.
• Liaised with external agencies for traffic diversion and utilities protection & diversion assuring smooth progress of planned jobs.
• Coordinated with client, contractor and other agencies for resolving issues related to construction, extra items, quality & billing.
• Construction of a 4.8 km viaduct - Supervised installation of about 1200 piles (friction & end bearing) of 1.2 m diameter at depths of 30 m to 37 m including rock anchoring using Casagrande and Bauer BG 25 & BG 15 high capacity piling rigs; pile caps, piers (normal, eccentric & portal) & pier caps and launching of precast segments using launching girders, stressing & grouting. Monitored changes in alignments and large curves and recommended required portals. Supervised construction of 27 portals to accommodate main track & siding towards the depot.
• Construction of elevated station buildings - Coordinated survey work for a 6.5 km viaduct & stations. Was in-charge of works related to foundations & substructure - boring & rock anchoring of 1.2 m dia piles using mud circulation method, concreting of pile caps, casting of monolithic piers in single pour without construction joints and pier caps. Supervised casting & erection of pre-stressed girders at concourse & platform levels and finishing works of station buildings using aluminium composite panels (ACP), stainless steel & granite cladding.
• Construction of underground section - Monitored construction of tunnels using cut & cover and tunnel boring machine (TBM) methods, concrete lining & associated works. Supervised structural...
DELHI METRO RAIL CORPORATION LTD
November 1998 - September 2008
(DMRC), New Delhi India
Project: Delhi Metro: Yamuna Bridge, 7.34 km Viaduct, Underground sections & stations and Metro Bhawan HO Building.
Executive Engineer, Nov 1998 to Sep 2008
Reported to: Chief Engineer Team: 11 Role: Client's Representative
• Coordinated with contractors and supervised execution of diverse construction works assuring achievement of predefined milestones.
• Monitored all works at site for achieving targeted progress, quality and adherence to safety rules.
• Certified measurements and processed contractor's bills for payment.
• Coordinated with utility companies & government agencies for diversion of various services like water, sewage, electricity & telephones.
• Managed interfaces with other departments/disciplines of achieving all planned outcomes through resolution of issues & conflicts.
• Construction of a 652.6 m bridge on River Yamuna Contractor: L&T - Supervised sinking of WELLS using water jet, air jet & jack-down methods; construction of well foundations; casting of box girders, incremental launching of girders, installation of port & neoprene bearings, alignment of spans, stressing & grouting of cable ducts.
• Construction of a 7.34 km elevated viaduct on Line 3 of DMRC Contractor: IJM-NBCC-VRM JV - Was in-charge of the section and supervised all activities including substructure, piles & pile caps, open foundation, installation of spans using segmental method, ramps & 3 station buildings on the alignment. Established record of completing 52 spans per month. Monitored the construction of the highest spans in the Rajendra Nagar section.
• Construction of Metro Bhawan, DMRC Head Office building - G+11 building with a dome structure in the centre Contractor: Nagarjuna Construction Company - Supervised all construction including building structure, installation of heavy dome, hi-tech finishing works including granite, stainless steel & toughened glass, wood works and lighting management system (LMS) for 4000 fixtures.
KONKAN RAILWAY CORPORATION LTD
November 1994 - November 1998
Project: Konkan Railway - Major bridges across River Zuari, embankments & minor bridges, production of railway sleepers.
Engineer, Nov 1994 to Nov 1998
Report to: Deputy Chief Engineer Team: 5 Role: Client's Representative
• Supervised construction of assigned jobs ensuring adherence to schedules & specifications, quality & safety requirements as stipulated in contracts.
• Coordinated with various major contractors - Larsen & Toubro, AFCONS, Gammon India & Simplex - achieving all predefined milestones & deadlines.
• Supervised manufacturing & testing of sleepers at the ISCO Track Sleepers plant.
• Monitored construction of minor bridges and earthworks for railway embankments.
• Supervised various marine structural works in adverse climatic conditions and completed jobs on time. The works included 6 major bridges over River Zuari with a maximum span of 124 m and length of 1.43 km; cast-in-situ onshore & offshore piles of 1 m, 1.5 m & 2 m diameter
• Participated in construction of pneumatic caissons of 9 m & 11 m diameters including casting of the pressure chamber, floating out using a submersible dock barge, controlled sinking & grounding and operations including compressed air supply, excavation & removal of slurry using Toyo pumps, safety measures including operation of medical air lock.
• Worked on launching of PSC box girders in deep sea locations - pre-cast post-tensioned 53.5 m T-girder with 22.8 m superstructure, reinforcement detailing and anti-corrosive treatment.
• Successfully completed construction of 6 Railway Stations.
• Supervised 700 m tunnelling in soft soil at Old Goa using heading & benching method.
Monitored the sleepers plants & embankment works
Up to October 1994
It includes prestess system of sleepers, concreting, lisioning with client regarding safety issues, quality & technical specification.( Agency- ISCO TRACK, KUDAL, MHARASTRA)
• Monitored the embankment works & minor structural works of konkanrailway considering all safety & quality aspects as per contract & technical specifications
Qualifications & Certifications
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more