Former manager and copywriter at Medios Marketing Communications turned freelance writer, copyeditor, translator and social media manager.
Time travel, the ability to raise a goat and writing a masterpiece are among my personal and professional goals.
- Full time
- Part time
- One time
November 2011 - November 2011
Wordsmyth offers writing, editing, translating and social media services to magazines, websites and corporate clients.
Medios Marketing Communications
November 2010 - November 2011
• Develop client-specific public relations and advertising strategies in conjunction with Medios managing director and the client, based on the client's requirements and budget agreement.
• Compile a list of tasks required to meet each client's public relations and marketing objectives.
• Identify the most suitable Medios employee to complete each task.
• Communicate tasks and deadlines to the relevant Medios employees.
• Develop a reporting system with Medios employees to ensure effective communication channels between Medios and its clients at all times using management tools such as Central Desktop.
• Train new Medios employees.
• Communicate the progress of tasks to clients.
• Handle client queries.
• Follow up on tasks with Medios employees.
• Implement systems to ensure the most productive way of completing each task.
• Develop and suggest new marketing and public relations strategies throughout the year.
• Monitor the progress on short-term and long-term objectives.
• Compile weekly progress reports for each client.
• Deliver and discuss progress reports in regular face-to-face meetings with clients.
• Have a weekly meeting with Medios managing director to discuss the direction and progress of Medios.
• Produce web copy, blogs and media releases on behalf of Medios.
August 2010 - November 2010
I manage Wordsmyth, a content management and production company based in Johannesburg, South Africa. Wordsmyth produces and manages content for businesses in a number of industries, ranging from fashion to infrastructure. Our content management services include search engine optimised web copy, press releases, white papers and social media profile management. Wordsmyth is a sister company of Medios Marketing Communications.
Head of department - Medios Marketing Communications
August 2008 - September 2010
I manage Wordsmyth, a copywriting department within Medios Marketing Communications.
The department produces and edits copy for companies and indiviuals in various industries. We produce content for company profiles, newsletters, web sites, media releases and blogs. We offer search engine optimisation services as part of web content production. We also offer translation and distribution services.
Caxton Community Newspapers
February 2008 - July 2008
Reporting on news and events in the Randburg area in Johannesburg. Basic newspaper layout.
June 2007 - February 2008
Translated and edited copy into Afrikaans. Produced original articles, focused on the South African music industry.
January 2006 - May 2007
Produced original articles for Kampus-Beeld newspaper, wrote original copy and translated media releases for the Plus supplement.
Qualifications & Certifications
BA Language practitioners
University of Johannesburg