Claim you profile
Procurement And Supply Chain Consultant
• 10+ years of procurement experience including estimating, sourcing, BOM, expediting, planning, inventory, invoice research and approval, price analyses, contract negotiations, and subcontract administration.
• Experience purchasing services, raw materials, electronics, injection molding, fabricated items, piping, tubing, castings, engineered items, MRO, VMI, and various components.
• Working knowledge of Government FAR requirements.
• Proficient in numerous MRP/ERP software applications, (Oracle, PeopleSoft, SAP, CAS, BPCS, ManMan, AS400)
• Excellent knowledge of a wide and varied scope of software packages, (Microsoft Office, Agile)
From May 2014
• Procured materials, services and equipment at the lowest practical cost while sustaining material quality, delivery schedules and inventory level requirements.
• Sourced new suppliers, participated in contract negotiations and MRB decisions.
• Worked closely with production planners to schedule receipts and satisfy changing demand by issuing and revising purchase orders.
United Launch Alliance (Lockheed Martin & Boeing)
November 2012 - December 2013
• Strategically developed subcontract specifications, work statements, and terms and conditions for the procurement of specialized materials, equipment, and services supporting the production of launch vehicles.
• Thoroughly researched, analyzed and prepared RFQ and RFP packages, conduct bidders’ conferences, analyze and evaluate supplier proposals, negotiated subcontract provisions, selected subcontract sources, created subcontract documents and administered resulting subcontracts in accordance with ULA purchasing policies and procedures which are based on Government FAR requirements.
• Successfully negotiated and coordinated additions, deletions, and modifications to subcontracts.
• Coordinated with engineering, quality and finance as necessary to mitigate supplier performance risk and resolved supplier issues.
• Slashed labor and materials costs through performing detailed price analyses of supplier proposals.
• Evaluated, monitored and traveled to meet with suppliers and ULA partners to ensure compliance to contracts.
• Researched and approved invoices according to contract milestones and ULA payment procedures.
Strategic Sourcing Specialist
Newmont Mining Corporation
July 2012 - November 2012
• Provided SAP end-user support to vendors.
• Developed the sourcing strategy and performed opportunity analysis of relevant spend data to identify sourcing targets for key spend categories that resulted in sustainable cost savings.
• Developed and tracked sourcing and procurement metrics, including supplier performance, to ensure compliance with the respective procurement policies, practices and standards.
• Identified areas of improvement opportunity within the procure-to-pay process and worked with appropriate groups/individuals to improve the efficiency of the process.
• Evaluated and analyzed supplier proposals/quotations.
• Established and ensured adherence to purchasing guidelines.
December 2011 - May 2012
• Expedited and reviewed technical documentation/drawings for Alberta Oil Sands Project.
• Coordinated with buyers and project team to identify requirements; alerting project team/buyers of any potential delivery problems.
• Reviewed and compared invoices to contracted milestone payments.
• Recorded vendor schedules, progress, shipping and receiving information.
• Served as a communication link between organization and vendors to ensure responsiveness, providing availability and schedule information with established guidelines.
• Prepared customs paperwork for shipments into Canada.
• Assembled project books with all vendor information as required.
May 2011 - December 2011
• Managed transfers, setup, sourcing and qualification of suppliers for parts transferred from Covidien’s Watertown, New York facility to Boulder, Colorado.
• Implemented cost-savings with new suppliers.
• Purchased materials, parts, supplies, equipment and services for Energy-Based Devices group.
• Requested quotes, expedited critical items, negotiated pricing & contracts.
• Maintained commodity responsibility from receipt of requisition, placement of orders, change orders, receipt of parts, acceptance of parts to stock, disposition of discrepant material through the life of the product.
March 2011 - April 2011
• Purchased electronic components, PCBs, machined parts, cables, injection molded plastics, sheet metal parts, connectors, hardware, castings and packaging materials.
• Placed standard, blanket, MRO, and non-inventory purchase orders.
• Managed inventory & kanban levels.
• Reviewed purchasing requisitions for production, marketing and engineering; requested quotes, expedited parts, resolved invoice discrepancies and receiving issues, and negotiated pricing.
February 2010 - June 2010
• Placed blanket and standard purchase orders for raw materials, MRO, OSV, chemicals, software and office supplies.
• Expedited materials, monitored kanban levels.
• Processed & approved NCRs, RMAs, ECOs.
• Reviewed planning requirements and adjusted orders; reviewed and approved requisitions.
• Requested quotes; negotiated pricing & payment terms with suppliers.
• Resolved receiving and invoice discrepancies.
August 2010 - February 2011
• Reviewed requisitions for raw materials, placed purchase orders, managed open orders.
• Expedited materials, requested quotes, monitored warehouse inventories, executed transfers.
• Resolved payable settlements and invoice discrepencies.
• Maintained supplier data, commodity pricing and other purchasing-related information.
November 2008 - December 2009
• Ordered, expedited, received, stocked and distributed materials for locomotive repairs and servicing.
• Monitored inventory and kanban levels; conducted cycle counts, ordering, shipping and receiving transactions; ordered office and shop supplies.
Contracting Agent / Expeditor
October 2006 - October 2008
• Assigned role went far beyond job description. As a result, reduced number of outstanding & unmatched invoices by 78% and appointed Accounts Payable contact for Propulsion COE.
• Implemented new process to eliminate “trouble ticket” items on all receiving docks and reduce number of past-due invoices due to shipping & receiving discrepancies.
• Purchased and expedited parts for locomotive radiator cabinets, auxiliary cabinets, main cabs, windmills, final assembly and repair facilities.
• Accurately monitored inventory levels to minimize lead times, ensure accuracy, and create cose-effective operations.
• Used inventory forecasting management systems to maintain balanced inventories and reduce material shortages.
• Maintained and amended orders; posted shipping notices & premium transportation requests.
• Sourced parts for engineering cut-ins; requested and reviewed quotes, negotiated pricing.
• Processed DMRs and material transfers, resolved receipt and material situations in various buildings, COEs, and off-site facilities.
• Administered daily reports to management and production teams communicating current line of balance situations related to all builds.
July 2006 - October 2006
• Purchased electrical components & fabricated items for yard & road switcher high voltage cabinets.
• Requested quotes, approved suppliers, managed inventory levels.
• Resolved product receipt and accounts payable issues.
December 2004 - May 2005
• Reduced kit shortages by 75%.
• Expedited and purchased parts for GE Transportation’s locomotive kitting operation.
• Confirmed product availability & shipping schedule; tracked packages.
• Maintained balanced inventories and reduced material shortages.
• Resolved accounts payable and receiving issues.
Qualifications & Certifications
Science of Mind Practitioner Courses
Mile Hi Church
University of Phoenix
Tri-State Business Institute
McDowell Senior High School
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more