Chief Financial Officer
- Full time
- Part time
- One time
i have more than 25 years of experience in finance ares at senior level in IT and manufacturring sectors. i have been handiling the role of head of finance/ CFO in my recent positions.
Head - SOX Compliance, Risk Management, Asst. Vice President -Finance
SATYAM COMPUTER SERVICES LIMITED
July 1997 - May 2011
During the long tenure of 14 years in Mahindra Satyam, have handled very important areas in finance functions in the Company
Including overseas assignment in USA. Major Achievements under various responsibilities include
Head of Sox Compliance, Corporate Governance
● Overall responsibility for full cycle SOX implementation Company wide for a large accelerated filer and coordination with the external auditors (Big 4) for the Sox compliance.
● Heading the team for compliance with SOx requirements by maintaining internal control documentation, performing required test procedures for the key controls including the IT General controls as per the Sox methodology. Presentation to the Board and Audit committee
● Extensive work done in identification of risk, analysis of risk, identification of mitigating plan. Development of Tool for monitoring capturing the risks and monitoring them. Report on the risk assessment to the Sr. management.
● Worked extensively for the restatement of Accounts after the takeover by the new management by Mahindra Satyam.
Systems and procedure Implementation
• Extensive work done in identifying potential opportunities to automate, streamline and standardize our business practices and processes in finance and operational areas. Extensive work done in the documentation of the procedures in all the major function in the Company. Exercising controls for the monitoring and update the procedures. Headed the team for the implementation of the ERP in Satyam.
Overseas operations and Compliance
● Finance Head for Satyam in New Jersey, USA for 2 years and has worked closely with the business heads for business growth in the region.
● Ensuring statutory compliances including corporate taxation, VAT/GST, and other legal compliances for various overseas locations. Collaboratively worked with the Auditors and Attorneys in the respective countries on tax and legal matters relating to setting up overseas branches.
● Completely administered Business plans,...
Sr. Manager - Finance
PENNAR ALUMINIUM COMPANY LTD
November 1991 - July 1997
● In-charge of Plant Accounting and all the commercial activities like purchase, stores, Excise, sales Tax, Insurance and Finance from the inception of the Company. Extensive work done for the startup Company includes acquisition of land, purchases for the plant construction, civil work and commissioning of plant. Handled the entire procurement activities required for the construction of the Plant.
● Effectively build the finance team and implemented policies and processes for the plant operation.
● Streamlined and strengthened functions of consolidation of accounts, Audit. Direct and Indirect Taxation,
Capitalization of Plant assets, Treasury and Insurance.
Assistant Manager - Finance
STEEL AUTHORITY OF INDIA LTD
September 1980 - November 1991
Joined SAIL as Management Trainee-Finance in 1980 and undergone training for 2 years. Posted as Finance Executive in the purchase accounting.
Major Achievements include,
● Worked as team leader for Consolidation of Accounts and Costing and pricing of products.
● Invented innovative strategies to regulate and control annual Budget and Import Activity.
● Successfully deployed costing systems for the imports materials, which has resulted in significant amount of savings.
Qualifications & Certifications
Institute of Cost & works accountants of India
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more