I am Dr. Dhanasekaran working as Asso. Prof in chemical Engineering Department at Arulmigu Meenakshi Amman College of Engineering, Vadamavandal, near kanchipuram, Tamilnadu, India.
I have 6.5 years of teaching Experience and 4. 3 years of industrial experience.
I am looking teaching Job of postdoc in Abroad countries
- Full time
- Part time
- One time
of Current Research and Academic Review, Vol. 2, No.01, pp.105-120, 2014. ISSN No: 2231-2196.
3. Dhanasekaran, K. and Dharmendirakumar, M "Optimization Study of Biodiesel Used Frying Oil", International Journal of Current microbiology and applied sciences, Vol. 3, No.2, pp.727-735, 2014. ISSN No: 2319-7692.
4. Dhanasekaran, K. and Dharmendirakumar, M "Biodiesel Characterization Study of Used Frying Oil", accepted to publish in Oct.2014 issue in Journal of the Indian Chemical Society", ISSN No: 0014-4522.
5. Dhanasekaran, K. and Dharmendirakumar, M "Used Frying Oil Biodiesel Characterization using Heterogeneous Catalysts", communicated in "Korean Journal of Chemical Engineering", March, 2014. ISSN No: 0256-1115.
6. Dhanasekaran, K. and Dharmendirakumar, M "Characterization & Optimization of Biodiesel from Used Frying Oil by using Heterogeneous Catalysts", communicated in "Energy Sources, Part A: Recovery, Utilization, and Environmental Effects", March, 2014. ISSN No: 1556-7036.
1. Dhanasekaran, K. and Dharmendirakumar, M. "A Kinetic Study of Biodiesel in Waste Cooking Oil", African Journal of Biotechnology, Vol. 11, No. 41, pp. 9797 - 9804, 2012. ISSN No: 1684-5315.
Arulmigu Meenakshi Amman
From February 2008
2.2008 onwards (6years & 5 month)
Arulmigu Meenakshi Amman College of Engineering,
* Fluid Mechanics
* Mechanical Operations
* Mass Transfer- II
* Process Instrumentation and Dynamic Control
* Material Technology
* Chemical Process Calculations
* Transport Phenomena
* Advanced Air pollution
* Fluid Mechanics Lab
* Mechanical Operations Lab
* Heat Transfer Lab
* Mass Transfer Lab
* PIDC Lab
* Technical Analysis Lab
* Chemical Analysis Lab
* Reaction Engg. Lab
In plant Training
Company Duration Nature of the company
Executive Engineer in LAB &QA
Bell Ceramics Limited
March 2007 - January 2008
Executive (R&D) in the Pen R&D plant
H&R Johnson (I) Limited, Pen
May 2005 - December 2006
Executive in Lab in the tiles process
Orient Ceramics & Industries Limited
August 2004 - March 2005
Trainee in process plant
Research Work and their Abstract:
Ph.D Thesis Title "Studies on Biodiesel production from Waste Cooking Oil by using Homogeneous and Heterogeneous Catalysts".
Abstract: Biodiesel is an alternative source to make renewable energies. The oil from seeds can be converted to a fuel commonly referred to as Biodiesel. This research work is mainly focused on transesterification of biodiesel from waste cooking palm oil with the addition of both homogeneous and heterogeneous catalysts. The reaction can be performed in batch experiments at 50-80°C temperature, 3:1-12:1 molar ratio of alcohol to oil, and the catalyst concentration 0.5-2.0 wt.% with various reaction times. In that, Homogeneous catalyst requires lesser time to complete conversion of biodiesel because it will completely dissolve in alcohol whereas heterogeneous catalyzed requires higher reaction time for complete conversion of biodiesel. Two types of catalysts have been used in this experiment i.e., Homogeneous (NaOH, KOH, CH3ONa, and CH3OK) and heterogeneous (Mg/Al-NO3, Mg/Al-SO4). Homogeneous catalysts are readily available in the market whereas heterogeneous catalysts are prepared in the laboratory by using co-precipitation technique. A heterogeneous catalyst was characterized by XRD, EDX, SEM, TGA and FTIR techniques. The following parameters have been used to characterize and optimize the biodiesel from both Homogeneous and Heterogeneous Catalysts:- (i) Effect of FFA of the waste cooking oil, (ii) Effect of the alcohols, (iii) Effect of molar ratio of alcohol to oil, (iv) Effect of temperature, (v) Effect of catalysts concentration, and (vi) Effect of reaction time.
M.Tech Thesis Title "Common Base Glaze Development using Micronized Stains"
Abstract: Glazing is a process in which it gives impervious coating to the articles and also gives more glossy phase and protection from the environment and other factors. In that, currently, variety of glazes being produced by the combination of different...
From August 2000
Preparing Lubricating Oil and Gear Oil
Company Duration Job Responsibility
B.Tech Project Title
tons per day"
Abstract: For many purposes, ammonia is one of the most highly produced inorganic chemicals and it is essential raw material to 80% or more of the ammonia produced is used for fertilizing agricultural crops. Ammonia is also used for the production of plastics, fibers, explosives, and intermediates for dyes and pharmaceuticals. In this process, ammonia-producing plant first converts petroleum naphtha into gaseous hydrogen. Then hydrogen is combined with nitrogen to produce ammonia via the Haber-Bosch process. It is economic process than other ammonia manufacturing process with shift convertors are used to effectively to convert gas into hydrogen. In this project, 2000 tones of ammonia production per day and suitability design diagram and model calculation done for the process.
W.S.Industries (India) Limited
Up to July 2003
production of insulators with different application
Qualifications & Certifications
University of Madras
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more