- Full time
- Part time
- One time
Senior Administrator and consultant
Bussigny, Switzerland - SCCM OS
February 2009 - February 2011
deployment project - ONSITE.
* Handling incident management tickets and request tickets related to the workstation build and applications.
* Supporting, maintaining and updating the workstation builds of desktop, laptop, tablet PCs of the end-users and the Factory Automation System PCs.
* Migration from Tivoli to SCCM 2007 client endpoints.
* Developing specific solutions for remote upgrades.
* Validating hotfixes for applications such as MS Office, Adobe reader, Forefront Endpoint Protection and iPass and prepare the mass rollout for both existing and new build workstations.
* Deployment and management of the OS build related packages in the SCCM 2007 infrastructure.
* Troubleshooting the end points for failed workstations to install the deployment to achieve the agreed level of compliance.
* Configuration of the Factory Automation System (FAS) sites so that the markets can build the FAS workstations.
* Configuration of the Branch Distribution Point solutions.
* Validating hotfixes for Windows 2000 Pro and Windows XP pro, prepare their mass rollout both for existing and future workstations.
* Knowledge transfer to the offshore team.
* Estimation of bandwidth requirement to replicate heavy packages (applications) using ROBOCOPY.
Senior System Engineer
Nestle project - Group Service Desk
January 2007 - February 2009
* Incident and Request Management.
* Co-coordinating the Change requests and change tasks with the resolution groups working on the changes.
* Communicate the planned and unplanned outages and service degradations to the key users of the respective services.
* To handle the user administration of different applications and the CRM tools.
* SAP Password mailer - sending the SAP credentials to large number of users after password reset - using VB Script
* SMS Alert Tool - Sending SMS to various recipients on the availability of critical infrastructure components / high priority incidents / critical incidents
* Knowledge management - on AIX servers - easy search of servers and respective owners / contact people.
From November 2006
Feb 2011 - till date - Chennai - Managing "Desktop OS deployment and software distribution" infrastructure through SCCM 2007
* Managing the training and technical needs of the team of 23 members to execute the Windows 7 migration, OS deployments and patch management.
* Evaluating the security and application fixes to be distributed to the production infrastructure.
* Creating the deployment components of the security fixes in the SCCM infrastructure.
* Replication of the packages to all the distribution points (DPs). Monitor and troubleshoot the replication delays and failures.
* Reporting the status of the deployments. Creatinn and modifying the reports.
* Troubleshooting the deployment failures happens in the endpoints and increase the success rate through paratto analysis.
* Managing and maintaining the Operating System build task sequence.
* Managing the MDT (Microsoft Deployment Toolkit) roles by adding / modifying the packages required for the customized workstation builds.
* Troubleshooting the FEP (Forefront Endpoint Protection) client issues and increase the success rate of the FEP definition deployment.
* People management of 20+ members planning and coordinating for their career roadmap.
* Automated monitoring system for the Branch Distribution Points
* Troubleshooting the FEP virus definitions on the workstations
* Troubleshooting the failed workstations identified furing the security updates deployments.
* Replication of multiple packages to different Distribution points
* Filling the SCCM collections with workstation members using scripts
* Management of the remote BCP site with 61 workstations.
* Cycle time reduction of the workstation build related tickets
* Troubleshooting the failed workstations identified during the security updates deployments
* PCI - Payment Card Inductry workstations - patch management
* Volume reduction on the Workstation Build issues in the APAC region.
o The cost...
Windows XP - Operating System Research Engineer
Sutherland Global Services
August 2004 - November 2006
Highest level support to the issues related to the Windows XP OS small office network and sharing the network resources which are escalated by both the frontline technicians and tech callback technicians.
* Constantly update knowledge on the product and on any new products.
* To participate in the War-Room meetings and share the experience and findings with other partners of Microsoft supporting similar products.
* Cascade the latest technical / product / process / tools related inputs from the client to the team support professional.
* Empower the support professional to handle the customer technically by giving feedback on the resolution of the escalated cases.
* Developed 6 knowledgebase articles for troubleshooting the OS issues and they are added in Microsoft Knowledge Base as solution objects.
* Worked on the Internet Explorer 7 Beta product issues and designed solution to safely uninstall it even if the uninstaller is totally lost.
* Worked in a team that created training tools and material for Internet Explorer 7.
* Awarded as C-SAT Star for the month of April-2005.
* Uninstall tool for the IE7 - repaired / partial installations.
Asst Prof. and Head - Department of Information Technology
SCADCollege of Engg
September 2001 - May 2004
* The complete in-charge of all the computer systems and peripherals installed in different sections such as head office, administration office, accounts, admissions, laboratories, libraries and other facilities of the organization.
* To lead a team of Service Engineers and System Administrators in installing and troubleshooting the computer hardware, peripherals, network set-up, operating systems and applications.
* To identify the hardware, software and networking needs of the organization and the group of institutions.
* To call for quotations, arrange for dealer's meeting, negotiation and finalizing the purchase orders of computers and related equipment.
* To test and commission the computers and allied products delivered by the dealers and check for defects or deviations from the Purchase Order.
* To Schedule the preventive maintenance of computer systems.
* To Schedule the working shifts for the system administrators and service engineers.
* To manage the store of spares, consumable, stationary and equipment in respects of procurement, issues, returns and maintaining minimum economical stock level.
* To recruit and train programmers, system administrators and service engineers. Also to conduct refresher programme for them to keep them in track with latest updates of the industry.
Customer Support Engineer
June 1991 - August 2001
* The complete in-charge of the branch.
* To lead a team of Sales and Service Engineers who are engaged in Sales/Service of computer software, hardware and allied peripherals.
* To test, install and commission the computer products supplied by the dealers before delivering them to the customer.
* To inspect the site before installation for any power problems, earth, surges and dust free environment to assure the continuous performance of the product.
* To Schedule the preventive maintenance of computer systems under warranty and AMC.
* To Schedule the working batches of the sales/service engineers and follow their activities.
* To supervise the stock of spares, peripherals and testing tools and to monitor the economic inventory level.
* To attend product launching meetings and seminars conducted by the dealers & manufacturer and educate the service engineers about the product and put them in the right track with the latest updates of the industry.
* To recruit and train service engineers, customer support front office executives and technical assistants.
Qualifications & Certifications
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more