General Manager - Hotels
Revenue Oriented - Core strength in Sales, Marketing and Revenue Management. Passionate about the Hospitality industry and an Industry award winner in Sales & Marketing
CEO & Founder
Currys & Spices Private Limited
From January 2009
• Founded a Quick Service Restaurants Company and launched 2 brands of QSR in India under the trade mark " Asian Kitchen" and "Currys & Dosas".
• Scaled the outlets to 9 in 2 cities with funding from personal sources.
• Managed all fronts of the business including profitability, Growth, operations and Production
• Designed and executed a typical hub and spoke model of operations
• Exited through a sale process
• Complete handling of the company affairs including Finance, Operations, Legal Compliances, HR and Investor relations
Area Director of Sales
April 2007 - January 2009
Responsible for all Sales activities in the Area which consisted of comprises of Crowne Plaza Kuwait, 2 Holiday Inn Hotels. 2 more InterContinental Brand Hotels in preopening stages, IC Bahrain, Crowne Plaza Bahrain.
• Launched Business Club successfully and churned the second highest revenue in ME
• Planned and executed Convention Sales model for the CP Kuwait
• Planned and executed a tie up with Kuwait Airport handlers to launch City check in at CPK
• Launched the SPA Sales and Marketing
• Build and deliver a sustainable growth plan in Key segments of Business as well as systems delivery.
• Build Sales and Marketing strategies to optimize revenue to Hotel as well Brand.
• Build up Brand name through tactical and strategic tie ups and an active Marketing plan.
• Conduct and manage the PR activities of the Area.
• Identify, Recruit, Train and assess Sales and Marketing personnel's impact in the market.
• Prepare 5 Years strategic positioning plan.
• Build a viable succession plan.
• Plan, implement and conduct Sales activities within all the Sales platforms in the Area.
• Assess and advise the effectiveness of Hotel's strategies with the unit's Director of Sales and General Manager.
• Reporting to the Director of Operations - Northern Gulf and dotted line reporting to the Vice President Sales and Marketing - Middle East and Africa.
Director of Sales
InterContinental Al Jubail
May 2005 - April 2007
, Marketing and In charge Front Office.
* "Awarded Sales person of the year 2006" for Europe, Middle East and Africa -InterContinental Hotels Group.
* InterContinental Al Jubail achieved 87% growth in Revenue, 38% increases in Market share, 113% growth in Occupancy thorough a strategic and market driven Sales plan.
* Achieved record growth and Revenue in the 16 years History of the Hotel.
* Responsible for all Sales, Marketing and Service delivery in Rooms.
* Acting General Manager in his absence.
* Built a strong Sales and Marketing team from a non existent section.
* Prepare and implement successful business strategies in all parts of the Hotel business in order to achieve the maximum Profits
* Establish strong relationships with the Community and key Business Leaders.
* Seek new Marketing Channels and maximize potentials.
* Front Office team has achieved the 7th position in IHG-EMEA in "Priority Club" enrolments.
* Achieved a 31% increase in check in standards in the year 2006.
Director of Sales
Crowne Plaza Dubai
June 2004 - May 2005
Responsible for Sales and Business Development of the Hotel.
* Lead the Sales team in coordination with the Area Director of Sales and Marketing to achieve optimum results.
* Seek new channels in overseas markets including the key segment of GCC Market.
* Establish Strong inter Company as well as Community relations.
* In coordination with the Area Director of Sales and Marketing, Plan and implement Business strategies for present and future plans of the hotel.
* Assist in Budgeting and Yield.
* In coordination with the Area Director of Sales and Marketing, successfully negotiated rate increase of approximately 50% in the wholesale segment.
* Conducted joint calls to Key Corporate as well as Wholesale accounts.
Front Office Manager/Regional Business Development Manager- IHG Oman
May 2000 - May 2004
(Part of InterContinental Hotels Group)
Front Office Manager/Regional Business Development Manager- IHG Oman.
* Lead the Front Office team to achieve maximum Rooms Revenue and Guest satisfaction.
* Led a team of 54 staff including 9 Managers.
* Successfully implemented a Front Office development plan for summer cross exposure to Germany and Switzerland for high performing Front Office personnel.
* Responsible for yield and Budgeting.
* Launched a new Club InterContinental Floor to generate OMR 200,000 p.a incremental revenue.
* I was promoted and transferred to Crowne Plaza Dubai.
* Appointed the Regional Business Development Manager for 18 months within this period to oversee new markets growth and also handle GCC marketing and business Development activities.
* Successfully completed the project with incremental revenue of US$ 1.2 Million p.a which led to the project being implemented to have a full time permanent team to handle the identified areas.
Assistant front Office Manager/Duty Manager
January 1996 - May 2000
(Part of InterContinental Hotels Group)
Assistant front Office Manager/Duty Manager.
* Assist Front Office Manager in all operations.
* Participate in Revenue strategies and Yield meetings.
* Conduct Business Development in Indian market for InterContinental Dubai
* Promoted and transferred to InterContinental Muscat.
Qualifications & Certifications
IHTTI - Neuchatel Swiatzerland
Catering technology and Hotel Management
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more