Hotel Resident Manager
AFRISUN KZN Sibaya Casino & Entertainment Kingdom
September 2005 - October 2013
Accommodation Properties: Royal Sibaya Hotel (4 -star)
Sibaya Lodge (3-star)
Duration: September 2005 - October 2013
Reason for Availability: Retrenchment
Reporting to General Manager: Melville Vogel
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
1) Staff Development
• Leading a team of 33 Front office staff comprising of 1 Front office Manager, 5 Assistant Front office Managers, 6 reservationists, 11 receptionists, 6 porters, 4 trainees for two properties viz. 4 Star Royal Sibaya Hotel & 3 star Sibaya Lodge (154 bedrooms in total)
• To oversee and ensure DUT Development Trainee programme reaps successful and motivated students for the future industry
• To monitor and promote staff development through monthly assessment and review of all staff work skills plan
• To ensure staff incentive programme is developed by Front office management and reviewed on monthly basis
• To ensure staff monthly meetings are co-ordinated and conducted by the front office manager and follow up thereof on all monthly goals for staff & front office managers.
• To ensure, as Opera Champion on the property, all users are well trained and updated on the Opera Reservation System
2) Customer Service
• Ensuring VIP guest programme, guest questionnaire analysis and follow up • Ensuring minimum of 95% achieved on all mystery guest reports.
3) Financial, Operational and Business Tasks
• Ensuring monthly feedback reports to the Hotel Operations manager on monthly department income statement and presentation in monthly financial reviews (with GM) & business reviews (with Divisional Directors).
• To ensure departmental goals in line with gaming budgets and occupancies expected.
• To provide Finance manager with CAPEX budget requirements and to ensure correct utilization of the CAPEX budget within the financial year.
• To liaise and prepare CAPEX with all suppliers and service providers
• To develop and maintain Profit improvement...
Saga Holiday Tour Representative/Manager
Saga Holidays Ltd
July 1999 - July 2005
Folkestone, Kent, UK
Duration: July 1999 - July 2005:
Front Office Manager
Hilton Hotel, Durban
Up to April 2014
Edcon: Edgars, Gateway
Qualifications & Certifications
Speech Therapy & Audiology
University of Durban