Hotel Resident Manager
AFRISUN KZN Sibaya Casino & Entertainment Kingdom
September 2005 - October 2013
Accommodation Properties: Royal Sibaya Hotel (4 -star)
Sibaya Lodge (3-star)
Duration: September 2005 - October 2013
Reason for Availability: Retrenchment
Reporting to General Manager: Melville Vogel
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
1) Staff Development
• Leading a team of 33 Front office staff comprising of 1 Front office Manager, 5 Assistant Front office Managers, 6 reservationists, 11 receptionists, 6 porters, 4 trainees for two properties viz. 4 Star Royal Sibaya Hotel & 3 star Sibaya Lodge (154 bedrooms in total)
• To oversee and ensure DUT Development Trainee programme reaps successful and motivated students for the future industry
• To monitor and promote staff development through monthly assessment and review of all staff work skills plan
• To ensure staff incentive programme is developed by Front office management and reviewed on monthly basis
• To ensure staff monthly meetings are co-ordinated and conducted by the front office manager and follow up thereof on all monthly goals for staff & front office managers.
• To ensure, as Opera Champion on the property, all users are well trained and updated on the Opera Reservation System
2) Customer Service
• Ensuring VIP guest programme, guest questionnaire analysis and follow up • Ensuring minimum of 95% achieved on all mystery guest reports.
3) Financial, Operational and Business Tasks
• Ensuring monthly feedback reports to the Hotel Operations manager on monthly department income statement and presentation in monthly financial reviews (with GM) & business reviews (with Divisional Directors).
• To ensure departmental goals in line with gaming budgets and occupancies expected.
• To provide Finance manager with CAPEX budget requirements and to ensure correct utilization of the CAPEX budget within the financial year.
• To liaise and prepare CAPEX with all suppliers and service providers
• To develop and maintain Profit improvement...
Saga Holiday Tour Representative/Manager
Saga Holidays Ltd
July 1999 - July 2005
Folkestone, Kent, UK
Duration: July 1999 - July 2005:
Front Office Manager
Hilton Hotel, Durban
Up to April 2014
Edcon: Edgars, Gateway
Qualifications & Certifications
Speech Therapy & Audiology
University of Durban
Head Girl and School Representative for the Heart Foundation Society
Roseville Secondary School
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more