Project Planning- Primavera P6
Project Planner- Primavera P6 & MS Project 2010
From October 2012
Project Controls Specialist
March 2012 - September 2012
Primavera P6, Project Planning/Scheduling
Create the Deliverable Control Index, for Earned Value calculations
Prepare the Project Plan and implement and monitor the progress.
Review the Schedule, Detailed Planning
Resource Load the Schedule, Resource Planning
Prepare the budget
Baseline the Project
Plan Reporting Requirements
Manage Gating Milestone
Project Financial Closeout
Ongoing progress measurement and proactively resolve areas lagging behind.
Track the Progress against the baseline
Update the Schedule and Resource Forecast
Scope and Change Management -
Prepare Customer Reports
June 2010 - February 2012
Compile a project schedule for the Beira and Nacala Project using PRIMAVERA P6 and MS Project 2010
· Base lining of Project Schedules
· Progress measurement against baseline and report on Schedule performance(SI)
· Updating the schedules on a weekly basis.
· Project Resource management and Analysis
· Progress earned evaluation and comparison again the baseline.
· Earned Value management on all engineering disciplines involved in the project.
· Progress reporting and slippage analysis and propose methods of recovering lost time.
· Making follow ups with discipline leads to maintain control.
· Consult, propose and implement a Project Openers.
· Set up of Project Cost Codes and Project WBS.
· Create projects cost baselines
· Man-hours capturing and forecasting
· Preparation of Cost Controls plans and procedures.
· Develop and update labour budget and productivity status reports
· Coordinate Analysis of cost and performance trends and variances; communicate the reasons; and propose mitigation plans.
· Capturing project expenses, actual, commitments, disbursements and forecasting.
· Monthly Cost Reporting
· Cost Estimation on additional scopes of work.
· Approval and preparation of payment certificates.
· Invoice registry keeper.
· Preparation of project invoices.
· Project Cash flow projections.
· Reports Illustrations using charts and graphs.
May 2009 - May 2010
Supervision of expediting activities on the entire 16th Oxygen Train Substation
· Co-ordination of quality inspections and logistics to site as well as ensuring that suppliers adhere to strict delivery dates and quality
· Identifying problem areas and recommending solutions.
· Verifying and approving invoices for approval
· Arranging kickoff meetings with suppliers
· Reviewing suppliers production schedules
· Liaising with site manager/materials controller in the arrangements of deliveries
· Keeping track of procurement progress to ensure timely delivery of materials.
· Expediting of vendor documentation; collaborating with document controller to ensure compliance.
· Working closely with Engineering to ensure a quick turnaround time on the review and approval of technical documents and
coordinating the submission of documents by vendors.
· General Management of Documents, Drawings, Specifications, Data Sheets and Materials List
· Issuing Contract documents to the Vendors and expediting Vendor documentation.
· Managing a Project Document Register.
· In collaboration with the lead planner using MS Project in updating the project schedule and planning site activities.
· Reporting on slippages
· Monitoring of critical tasks
· Monthly reporting
Project Cost Controller, Planner, Expeditor
September 2008 - February 2009
June 2006 - August 2008
Qualifications & Certifications
Toal Quality Management
Toal Quality Management
Total Quality Management
St Josef's Comprehensive Secondary School
Purchasing & Supply Chain Management
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more