Claim you profile
A Business Professional with extensive knowledge in a manufacturing environment able to build and grow,transfer and move businesses.
Operational excellence is one of the cornerstone and very strong having been a Toyota supplier for several years.
First Tier Automotive Supplier Shropshire West Midlands
October 2010 - April 2014
• Appointed to grow current Business to safeguard future outlook
• Improve Lean approach in the facility
• Implemented apprentice System as part of a new HR system
• Introduced the company as a new Supplier to well known OEM within 24 month
• Increased Turnover by 50% within 3 years after appointment
• PPM as less as 15 to major OEMS
• Returned into profitability after years of no profit
• Business and major Capital transfer and integration
• Full P&L responsibility
KHK Consulting Limited
May 2009 - October 2010
Interims Management, Lean Manufacturing support and Supply Chain Management
Technical and Continuous Improvement Director Borgers CZ
Automotive first tier supplier in the Czech Republic
TO 150 Mio Euro and 2000 Employees
Role: Reporting directly to the MD in the Czech Republic and to the COO in Germany.15 direct reports, 4 different production sites, direct responsibility for the Technical area of the business and the Continuous Improvement/Lean Programme with a TO of Euro 150 Mio.
Global Project Director, Lean Manufacturing & Recycling
Carcoustics Shared Services
(First tier supplier to the OEM automotive market)
Role: Reporting directly to the CEO in Germany, 20 direct reports, 12 different production sites, direct responsibility for the 'Continuous Improvement/Lean Programme/Recycling' worldwide with a TO of Euro 300 Mio.
• Implemented a cost reduction programme over a period of 3 years that resulted in cost savings of €28m
• Trained more than 100 staff worldwide in 'Lean Manufacturing' with external support
• Supported all business transfers
• Provided temporary support in functions such as MD and OM for internal companies with up to 1,000 personnel and 100 Mio $ turn over in: Mexico, USA, Germany, Slovakia, Austria, Spain, Belgium and Lichtenstein
• Member of the senior management team in Head Office which reports to the Advisory Board
• Member of a senior change team which was given the task of implementing a new structure and strategy within the group
Role: Appointed to take overall responsibility for the UK market with the newly-acquired facility. Reporting directly to Head Office in Germany with full P&L responsibility. Turnover €25m, 140 employees (group t/o €350m, 2,200 employees). Customer PAG.
• Successfully integrated the new facility into the group within 6 months
• Reduced costs by €2.5m within the first year of takeover
• Awarded certification of TS 160949, ISO 14001 and VDA6.1 within the first 8 months of integration process
• Won 'Ford Q1 Award' (customer award) within the second business year
• Re-organised the business as a stand-alone company
• Improved customer relationships, reducing complaints from 70 to 10 within 8 months
Carcoustics South Africa
Role: Appointed to establish a new joint venture with S African Company and to start production with a new product line. Member of local board reporting to Head Office in Germany. Responsibility for entire S African market. Customers: Daimler Chrysler Germany, Daimler Chrysler S Africa, GM Europe, GM S Africa.
• Established new company structure
• Completed new design for the layout of new production processes
• Achieved profitability within the first 6 months of SOP, which was maintained
• Negotiated grants with government and customers
• Achieved certification of TS 16949 and ISO 14001 within 6 months
• Achieved zero PPM since SOP
• Generated €4m new business with new customer, General Motors, within the first 12 months of operation
• Started export business into Europe
Role: Concurrent with previous position for 9 months. Reporting directly to Head Office in Germany and responsible for all UK business. Turnover £6m, 55 employees.
• Reduced quality problems and PPM ratings to zero PPM over 3 years
• Achieved quality certifications of QS9000, MS9000 and FordQ1
• Moved the company from Milton Keynes to Wrexham
• Started up in new premises with new personnel and achieved Q1 within 12 months
• Managed the transfer of UK business from Germany to the new UK facility
• Integrated SAP R3
Production Manager/Operations Manager
Role: Reporting to Plant Manager, t/o €50m, 230 employees
• Member of continuous improvement team to introduce cost saving programme
• Introduced lean manufacturing processes
Role: Reporting to Production Manager, t/o €42m, 250 employees
• Managed 'Just in Time' production
• Reduced planning times by 50%
• Improved department efficiency by 20%
Qualifications & Certifications
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more