Laboratory Chemical Analyst/Technician looking for an employment opportunity in a chemical analysis laboratory (be it research, environmental, water, mining, pharmaceutical or any related industries)
Trainable, reliable candidate who value honesty and hard work and would like to become part of a quality laboratory team that is dedicated to achieve, sustain and improve an organizational laboratory desired goals whilst striving through various challenges. Enjoys working with computers, adaptable to changes, able to follow instructions and loves new technology.
Familiar with laboratory instrumentations, procedures and various quality management systems ( e.g. ICP, XRF, LECO, AAS, IC, wet chemistry, ISO/IEC 17025:2005, ISO TS16949,OHSAS18001, ISO 19001, ISO 14001, LIMS, SAP etc.)
Laboratory Chemical Analyst/Technician
Laboratory Chemical Analyst/Technician looking for employment opportunities in chemical analysis laboratories (be it research, environmental, water, mining, pharmaceutical or any related industries). Contact: +27783606033 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Johnson Matthey South Africa
May 2009 - January 2014
• Responsible for running of laboratory sections: ICP , XRF , Physical measurements and wet chemistry laboratories
• Involved in laboratory project of migrating our laboratory document, record control and stock management systems to near paperless systems utilizing LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System), and SAP (Systems Applications and Products in data processing).
• Supervising laboratory Analysts working on a shift basis.
• Responsible for Analysts skills development and performance appraisals.
• Liaising with production plant and prioritizing samples to effect timeous release of critical samples results.
• Monitoring of laboratory instruments performance verification results and samples quality control results reported by being automatically transmitted through LIMS from each laboratory instruments when used by Analysts, trending of data thereof and release upon meeting acceptance criteria.
• Participate in technical training and proficiency testing programs
• Maintenance of laboratory procedures (SOP's), instruments programs and arranging of calibrations, services and or repairs with suppliers for all laboratory instruments.
• 5S and continuous improvements.
• Assisting with quality and management systems standards in the laboratory.
• Generating and ordering of laboratory consumables.
• Good laboratory practices.
• Writing of monthly laboratory reports.
Johnson Matthey South Africa
July 2001 - April 2009
• Preparations of samples using various analytical laboratory methods/techniques/sample preparation equipment and analyses using prescribed laboratory analytical instruments and methods as per prescribed SOP’s.
• Sampling raw materials.
• Making up of standards and reagents.
• Operating laboratory instruments e.g. ICP, XRF, LECO, Autochem, Autopore, Particle size analyser, Tristars, pH-Conductivity, Microwave digesters, Analytical balances and furnaces
• Calibration of laboratory instruments and performance verification.
• Ensuring traceability of samples and analytical data through various analysis stages in the laboratory.
• Participation in technical training and proficiency testing programs
• Adhering to good laboratory practices.
July 1998 - June 2001
• Following prescribed laboratory procedures to prepare and analyse samples.
• Fire assay
• Acid leaching
• Filtrations, drying and weighing
• Titrations manual and automated
• pH for water samples.
• Conducting routine maintenance of Laboratory instruments.
Qualifications & Certifications
National Diploma in Analytical Chemistry
Tshwane University of Technology
Mazwe high school
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more