Claim you profile
• An interest in costume for theatre and film, with a personal interest in different periods of clothing and wearable technology. I enjoy watching a wide variety of film genres for the costume, editing and production.
• Currently have an interest in dancewear and performance costume with integrated wearable technology which I hope to explore for my Honours Project.
• I find clothing an interesting tool for conveying emotion and a story, and find this prevalent in society and culture as well as on stage, in music, film or theatre, and believe that this creates a highly important method of communication between people.
• I also enjoy dancing, and attended Stephanie May’s School Of Dance in Portseton for seven years. Here I studied tap, modern, jazz and ballet.
- Full time
- Part time
- One time
From May 2011
• Worked under pressure during very busy wedding and Festival season
• Worked quickly and efficiently to meet managements targets
• Provided top level of service to guests
• Multi-tasked between different responsibilities
• Excellent phone skills
• Received positive feedback from guests, fellow colleagues and management.
3rd Year Fashion Show Society President
Heriot Watt University
From October 2010
• Confidence in public speaking and presentation
• Time management
• Organisational skills developed in event and fundraising tasks
• Delegating tasks and ensuring the groups worked well together
• Worked efficiently under pressure
From July 2009
• Self-directed work and study.
• Identifying different periods of clothing, both men’s and women’s wear.
• Theatrical methods of construction.
• Keen eye for detail in cutting and sewing.
• Working with different fabrics and materials.
• Corset cutting and construction.
• Hand stitching and finishing.
• Running wardrobe maintenance.
• The logistics of moving productions and costumes
• Quick changes and the importance of easy and simple fastenings.
• How to communicate with clients, directors and performers
Qualifications & Certifications
BSc Fashion Technology
Preston Lodge High School
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more