Claim your profile
A highly experienced and personable candidate with a mature outlook. A well rounded and diverse career history across a variety of sectors; including private sector, civil service, not-for-profit organisations and charities; where high standards of attention to detail, ethics and integrity are key performance areas. An adaptable and flexible self-starter who demonstrates a practical, common-sense nature and a determination to succeed.
Available for immediate, part-time work (up to three days per week) in the Solent area covering Havant, Portsmouth, Whiteley, Southampton and Eastleigh.
SALES & MARKETING MANAGER
Ascentis Awarding Organisation
February 2012 - November 2012
Part-time Role based at Langstone Technology Park, Havant, PO9 1SA.
• Pro-active business development and extensive travel within territory of South-East of England.
• Liaison with further education colleges, adult education providers, offender learning institutions, sixth form colleges and private training providers representing Ascentis range of courses using consultative sales processes.
• Effective meetings, presentations and event promotions to establish interest in Ascentis courses.
• Swift follow-up of marketing leads to win potential business from existing and new clients.
• Customer account management to gain and maintain strong client relationships.
• Regular reporting to Senior Management Team on progress towards targets and KPI's.
Business Development Advisor
Laser Learning Awards
December 2012 - January 2014
PixieDust Glitter Body Art
Up to April 2013
Mobile Business Creating Glitter Tattoo/Pamper Parties for Events and Weddings
• Attendance at parties and events providing high quality demonstrations and entertainment service
• Using marketing and promotional skills to win business and advertise effectively
• Website design and update to promote business.
• Excellent customer service and administration skills to deliver parties on time and within budget.
• Innovative product development to ensure high quality and long-lasting body art.
WEEKEND SESSIONAL WORKER
Alpha Residential Service
Phoenix Futures Drug & Alcohol Dependency Rehabilitation
• Worked as part of the team responsible for implementation of the core therapeutic programme for residents.
• Facilitated residents' educational, recreational and healthcare activities on a day to day basis whilst observing professional standards of practice and care.
• Administered accurate medication and maintained appropriate logs.
• Observed and assessed on a daily basis the emotional well-being of individuals for recording on their care-plan notes.
• Managed any medical emergency that arose from time to time in a calm and efficient manner.
Women's Royal Voluntary Service
Women's Royal Voluntary Service (WRVS)
Home Based, Part-time Role for Meals-on-Wheels Operation in Hampshire
• Deputy duties to Food Operations Manager for Hampshire.
• Recruitment, retention, support and training for a wide group of volunteers and permanent staff in towns across Hampshire.
• Event management for substantial award presentations and fund raising events.
• Project Managing changes to the Meals-on-Wheels Operation where required.
• Liaison with Care Home Managers & Staff, Families, GP's, Adult Services and other associated organisations.
• Providing risk assessments (handling & lifting) and promoting health & safety awareness.
Short-term Contract within Commercial Team, Property Maintenance
• Effective contract management of the property services contract with Naval Training Command and the sub-contract with Interserve Ltd.
• Ensured contractual obligations were met in terms of risk mitigation. Also ensured variations to the contract provided value for money.
• Clarified scopes for operational requirements, requested quotes from suppliers, drafted business cases and made extensive use of procurement software for purchase orders.
• Provided commercial support to project managers and strengthened relationships with suppliers, internal departments and customers.
South Central Connexions Partnership Ltd
Short-term Contract Providing Information Services for Young People
• Effective dissemination of relevant information regarding 'Aim Higher' initiative to all Connexions Information Advisers in the South Central geographic area.
• Marketing and evaluation of 'Aim Higher' leaflets and other information to reach relevant target age groups for this initiative.
• Liaison with Connexions Offices, Local Learning Providers, Southampton University and other organisations to ensure objectives were met.
City & Guilds, Central London
Transport Sector at HQ of Educational Awarding Body
• Responsible for the product management of ten suites of NVQ's within the Transport Sector ensuring they ran efficiently across the UK.
• Successful liaison with Department for Transport, DVLA, MOD, QCA, Private Training Providers, Northern Ireland Office, Metropolitan Police, UK Colleges.
• Extensive change management/business improvement of one failing scheme to become profitable in two years.
• Line Manager to two staff, including progress reports and eligibility for annual bonus.
• Supervisor to Chief Verifier and team of eight External Verifiers for quality purposes.
RDC Tech Asset Management
Sales Office of IT Asset Recycling and Reselling Plant
• Complete support of two Project Managers within the IT Equipment Recycling and Reselling Sector.
• Responsible for tracking project status using Project 98, also risk, issue and dependency management.
• Design and implementation of robust administrative systems (processes & standards) for the Projects and Sales Teams in this rapidly expanding company.
Energis Communications Ltd
New Product Development Team of Commercial Telecoms Company
• Coordinated new NPD projects from initiation through to launch as a programme.
• Assisted with the process development of the NPD administration including database and intranet/website usage.
IMMIGRATION OFFICER, Heathrow & Stansted Airports, Immigration
Liaison with solicitors, government departments and airlines, maintaining high levels of accuracy in both verbal & written communication.
• In-depth interviewing of passengers and sponsors of all nationalities and cultures. This included dealing with sensitive issues in a sympathetic and compassionate way.
• Complex decision making and justification of cases, sometimes to strict deadlines, based on research, interview and legislation.
• Efficient preparation of files, correspondence, statements and reports to Court of Appeal standards.
• Flexible management of casework office and quick 'troubleshooting' of potential incidents as they arose.
Qualifications & Certifications
CPCAB Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
Level 1 Certificate in Teaching Basic Adult Education (Literacy)
Colchester Adult Education Centre
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more