Claim you profile
Library assistant skills learned as a teacher dealing with young people, demonstrating how to research projects online and select appropriate material to use. Able to apply Word, Excel and Powerpoint to record and present findings electronically as well as using search engines - including Google - to find information online.
I enjoy working with others - clients and staff - to make the best use of library facilities, including books, newspapers and journals. Also I am very willing to use new skills and learn quickly how to employ them relevantly in any work that I am involved in.
October 2012 - December 2012
SALES ASSISTANT, CHILDRENSWEAR, JOHN LEWIS. GLASGOW
SALES ASSISTANT IN ROHAN, GLASGOW
Selling high-end, technical outdoor clothing and accessories.
VOLUNTEER SALES ASSISTANT in Various Charity Shops on Byres Road, Glasgow: Red Cross, Children in Need, Oxfam.
Demonstrating skills and knowledge in all areas of clothing, furniture, accessories and toys to raise awareness and funds to assist people in crisis.
Debenhams, Argyll Street, Glasgow
• Demonstrating an exceptional understanding of the retail industry within an ongoing role requiring the delivery of a service of excellence to customers of the high-end store
• Acting as a focal point of contact for customers, providing them with accurate advice and guidance to assist them with their product choices
• Tasked with the promotion of Debenhams Account Visa Card and benefits, while accurately handling cash, credit card and debit card transactions, dealing with customers returns and refunds.
• Playing a pivotal role within the team, with responsibility for increasing productivity, morale and efficiency on the sales floor
• Entrusted with the delivery of high quality English lessons to 11-18 year old students, working in close conjunction with the curriculum and protocols of the school
• Ensuring lessons were engaging and informative, in order to optimise each student's opportunity to reach their personal potential
• Responsible for examination preparation and the ongoing assessment of student progress
ENGLISH AS A FOREIGN LANGUAGE TEACHER
British Institute of English
• Undertaking a key role as a Teacher responsible for delivering English lessons to students aged 8 to 18 and adult learners in Seville, Spain
• Offering students a broad and varied lesson plan, covering all aspects of speaking, listening, reading and writing
• Providing lessons of a high level of quality, while continuing to progress through the completion of various staff development courses
• Key achievements included the delivery of an advanced English class for students seeking to sit for their TEFOL examinations
Glasgow City Council/ Strathclyde Region
• Successful in the completion of a nine-year tenure as an English Teacher working within a number of different educational establishments in Scotland
• Responsible for the planning and delivery of differentiated lessons for students, in addition to student assessment, discipline and motivation to ensure every pupil reaches their potential.
• Actively involved in staff meetings, while discussing student progress and behaviour with parents as and when required
BHS, Iceland, Waterstones
• Undertaking a number of roles in the retail industry, both in a full time capacity and part time in conjunction with University studies
• Focusing upon delivering customer service excellence, while gaining key leadership experience as a Checkouts Supervisor during a stint working with Safeway
Qualifications & Certifications
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more