Claim you profile
Nisa Retail Ltd
• Initial sole responsibility for all aspects of legal work for a complex £1.5bn turnover distribution and retail operator involving all contracts both procurement and supply, and all regulatory aspects of compliance.
• Involved with negotiations for a number of complex mergers and acquisitions including the drafting and incorporation of key aspects
• Assisted HR with key recruitment and replacement of senior staff
• Full responsibility for company secretarial provision to the Group to PLC standard including preparation of the report and accounts, shareholder communication, Board training and development, compliance as well as working with the Chair and CEO to ensure efficient operation of all Board matters
• responsible for all legal and regulatory work for the Nisa charity - Making a Difference Locally including the initial formation of the Charity
• involved with restructure and creation of the legal department as well as its operation
Making a Difference Locally Ltd
• Formed the Charity and limited company and responsible for all legal documentation, policies and procedures to comply with current charity law best practice
• Trained trustees and organised the legal, administration and compliance regime for the Charity
• Built the income to over £1m per year
• Developed and implemented processes praised by the Charity Commission.
• Developed an on-going strategy for the long term future
Corporate, Compliance & Legal Specialist)
F.D. & M.D. (post 1993)
Kirklees Consulting Ltd
• Providing legal drafting advice and input to a variety of commercial clients across all areas such as contracts, HR, company commercial, regulatory compliance, property etc.
• Business change specialist working on behalf of clients to identify, and manage change at Board level and below • Focussing on governance requirements identifying and implementing changes to ensure compliance and best practice in corporate environments
• Developing Board and Board processes to streamline and deliver information effectively and appropriately
Larkfield Colour Group Ltd
• Increased sales from 0.5 million to 5 million.
• Provided all legal advice in a complex change transformation environment, with the negotiation of contracts, mergers and acquisitions, finance documentation, as well as all routine contracts with suppliers and customers.
• Involved with the drafting of significant tenders with FTSE 100 and government contracts
• Transformed a loss making small printing company into a profitable top 3% printing company before sale
• Full P & L and financial responsibility for 7 years
• Line management of 100 staff and three divisions
• Introduced BS5750, and ISO 9001(2000)
• Revised and implemented HR, Health & Safety procedures and policies
• Restructured and developed marketing and sales MIS system and database
Group Company Secretary & Corporate Lawyer
Kalon Group PLC
• Responsibility for Legal & Company Secretarial matters for the Companies
• Full compliance and governance responsibility for FTSE 250 company
• Set up in house department covering legal and secretarial
• Also involved with pensions & insurance
• Lawyer for a division with sales of £1.2 Million
• Involved with Intellectual and Restrictive Trade matters
5 Lectured in law at Leeds Polytechnic to business and other students
Started and secured funding for Bradford law Centre
Chambers in London and Manchester
Chancery Pupil & Barrister specialising in Employment Law
Qualifications & Certifications
College of Law
Perse School Cambridge
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more