National Law School of India University
* Presently assisting Dr. Sarasu Esther Thomas, as a Teaching Assistant, in the Family Law I Course which is being taken by Dr. Sarasu Esther Thomas for the students of Second Year BA. LLB (Hons.), National Law School of India University, Bangalore in the Second Trimester of the Academic Year 2013-14; and has been involved in taking classes, evaluation and administrative tasks.
* Other work done/being done as a Researcher of Centre for Women and the Law:
i. Has prepared a 395 page document on the "Desk Review of Central Legislations with respect to Corporate Social Responsibility in India" in co-ordination with a team of seven students of Third Year BA. LLB (Hons.), National Law School of India University, Bangalore.
ii. Has prepared a document on the on the "Desk Review of various Legislations with respect to Corporate Social Responsibility in Orissa."
iii. Has assisted Dr. Sarasu Esther Thomas in reviewing the Draft Bill of Rights for Women prepared by the National Commission for Women.
Arts and Science
vii. Has assisted in getting the book-print ready of the National Law School Journal, Volume 11, 2013 (ISBN No.: 0971-491X).
viii. Has taken classes on Alternative Dispute Resolution, Property Law and Labour Laws in St. Jospeh's College of Arts and Science, Bangalore as a part of the Legal Literacy Programme conducted by Centre for Women and the Law, National Law School of India University, Bangalore.
* Served as one of the Student Directors of the NUJS Society for the Protection and Promotion of Environment (SPPE) in the academic year of 2012-2013, wherein she was involved in various kinds of research and administrative work.
* Assisted Sarfaraz Ahmed Khan, Assistant Professor and Coordinator, School of Criminal Justice & Administration, NUJS, in preparing and compiling the following Modules for a Police Training Programme to be organized by Socio-Legal Aid Research &Training, Kolkata:
i. Child Trafficking, Child Marriage and Role of the Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act, 2000;
ii. Investigating of Trafficking Cases including Rescue and Protection of Trafficking Victims;
iii. Laws Relating to Trafficking for Labour- Child Labour and Bonded Labour and Laws Relating to Trafficking in Human Organs and iv. Prosecution of Trafficking Crimes, Court Proceedings and Role of Investigating Officers.
Tutor of Family Law for the Second
W.B. National University of Juridical Sciences for the Monsoon Semester
Interned at National Law School of India University
April 2012 - May 2012
National Law School of India University, Bangalore from 20th April, 2012 to 20th May, 2012 and was involved with the task of:
i. Assisted with the evaluation of 10 Project papers of Family Law II of the Second Year B.A. LL.B students of National Law School of India University, Bangalore and conducted viva voces for the same.
ii. Evaluated two questions in the mid term paper of Family Law II of the Second Year B.A. LL.B students of National Law School of India University, Bangalore.
iii. Rapporteured on a special lecture by Flavia Agnes on Matrimonial Property which as a part of "The Legal Practitioner's Perspective" Lecture Series.
iv. Authored four Chapters which were later published in the Book on "Legal Literacy" published by the Centre for Women and Law, National Law School of India University, Bangalore, a 2013 publication (ISBN No.: 978-93-83363-00-1). The four Chapters are on "Transfer of Property", "Alternative Dispute Redressal in India", "Environmental Law" and "Health Law" respectively.
v. Researched on the reading materials on Civil and Political Rights for the Post Graduate Diploma Course on Human Rights Law offered at National Law School of India University, Bangalore.
vi. Prepared a write up on the cases relating to Maintenance for the year 2002.
Central and Karnataka
v. Has prepared a document on the "Compilation of the Supreme Court Judgements on Matters Relating to 'Child' With Respect to Family Law From The Year 1970 Onwards."
vi. Has prepared a write-up on "Inter-Country Water Disputes" which dealt in particular with the India-Pakistan Water Dispute and the India-Bangladesh Water Dispute.
National Law School
of India University, Bangalore. Working on the Corporate Social Responsibility Project, (TATAPOWER-CSR) Human Rights Lawyering Project.
* Presently assisting (in research) Dr. Sarasu Esther Thomas, Associate Professor, National Law School of India University, Bangalore, in the writing of her book on the Pre-conception and Pre-natal Diagnostic Techniques Law in India.
Tutor of Evidence Law for the Second
students of W.B. National University of Juridical Sciences for the Winter Semester of 2011-12.
* Interned at IDIA (Increasing Diversity by Increasing Access to Legal Education) and was member of the INAT (IDIA National Aptitude Test) Registration Team from 30th September, 2011 to 30th October, 2011.
* Legal Trainee under Advocate Manjit Singh from December 2007 to December 2012. Has worked on criminal matters at the Calcutta High Court under his guidance.
Qualifications & Certifications
Calcutta Girls' High School
St. Agnes' Convent School
West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more