VP Industrial Business
India & SEA
October 2011 - July 2012
Joined in Aug 2006 to lead Industrial segment. This was the time when JV partners exited the business with new professional management brought in to accelerate growth in India. Initial challenge was change management
* Exposure to diverse Industrial markets viz. Refineries, Chemicals, Automotive, Mining, Primary Metals, Microelectronics, Power and Aerospace
* Delivered a CAGR of 25% over last 5 years and exceeded bottom line projections three times. Reinforced value selling as the way to command price premium.
* Very high on integrity and compliance. I was also the Local Compliance Officer for Pall India
* Was promoted and given additional responsibility of SEA (industrial business) in Nov 2011. With this role, total revenues under management are $ 90 m
* Team lead for some and member for several Process improvement projects in Asia. Executed corporate plans to open and develop engineering and IT CoE in Pune.
* Ability to work with diverse cultures, matrix structures and drive consensus within multiple stakeholders.
Monsanto India, Subsidiary of Monsanto USA-Publicly traded U.S. technology and product provider in Sulfuric Acid manufacturing and Air Pollution control. Leading the local operations that included 6 people in sales and logistics. Customers include all Phosphatic Fertilizer plants and merchant plants producing Sulfuric Acid.
Started the division with just 2 people and positioned the division as the best solution provider in the business. Sold products on the Value and consistently got premium prices from the customers. Was also responsible for promoting non welded plate type gas-gas heat exchangers in Asia. Was part of Global team exploring Oil Refining sector. Towards the end, played a significant role in carving out this division from Monsanto through an asset sale agreement.
* Played a key role in signing a $ 20 million contract with Reliance for Spent Acid Regeneration plant.
* Developed local manufacturing of gas-gas heat exchangers, a complex product to manufacture. Managed toll manufacturer for fibre bed mist eliminators.
* Developed fabricators for exporting pipes and fittings for Monsanto global requirement.
* Developed HR policies and other procedures for the newly formed MECS India post de-merger with Monsanto
Sulzer India., Indian Subsidiary of publicly traded Sulzer Chemtech, Switzerland. Manufacturer of Mass Transfer Equipment, with sales of $ 10 million and 120 employees in India. Customers were Oil Refineries and Fine Chemicals producers.
Joined the company when it was still new. I was, soon, made responsible for opening up refinery business. This involved intimate interaction with the customer, understanding of the processes and applying solutions. Within a span of 4 years, was elevated to Sales Manager with a team of 6 people. Was key member is developing "Tray" business for the company.
* Drove business from zero to $ 3 million from 1989-1993. Was identified as fast moving performer
* Well demonstrated Business Development skills.
* Was a key member of ISO 9000 implementation programme.
* Was made project manager for executing a non core project of supplying random packing internals. Order value $ 400,000.
Other positions held - HCL Limited, Sales Engineer selling computer hardware. Was rewarded for highest productivity based on sales per man month. 1988-1989. Self Employed, Indian representative of US based Process Equipment manufacturing company. 1995-1997
Qualifications & Certifications
Sales & Marketing
SJM School of Management, IIT
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more