Top Producing Senior De Underwriter With Extensive Experience In Residential Builder Loans
Joined state of the art underwriting facility utilizing industry-recognized "best in class" paperless computer system with dual monitors.
• Exceeded productivity and quality metric and received 20% bonus
• Audited and reviewed complex financial documents in excess of 200 - 500 pages per file.
• Given recognition award for customer service and teamwork partnership.
• Passed intensive test case process quickly
• Received FHA 3F and Conv 3A decision authority within five months
K. HOVNANIAN AMERICAN MORTGAGE
Performed builder correspondent lending during chaotic period within the mortgage industry. Conducted training, coaching and feedback for fellow employees to ensure quality. Sought by peers as a Subject Matter Expert in Underwriting and for being the person within the organization to "get it done".
• Attained DE Underwriting Certification in 2002
• Underwrote with precise accuracy; consistently produced error free loan packages with no outstanding investor/post closing/3rd party audit issues
• Continuously turned over large loan volume. Exceeded required numbers 500 per year
• Personally underwrote 913 loans in 2009 and 728 loans in 2010
• Successfully worked with Texas Division which handled 90% of all rush deals
• Developed ways to save time and use resources effectively
• Coordinated project to obtain insurance on 150 late submission FHA/VA loans
• Individually converted 98 un-insured loans to saleable loans
• Maintained processor monthly pipeline of approx 30 - 40 closings and was responsible for all upfront and final underwriting on same pipeline
K. HOVNANIAN AMERICAN MORTGAGE )
• Exceeded expectations in all areas of performance.
• Increased customer satisfaction scores (60% to 90% during 2008 to 2012) after banking collapse.
• Developed streamlined conditions for approval letter so that customer could easily comprehend
• Reviewed and maintained daily reports for Outstanding Conditions, Post-Closing, Mortgage Status, and Closing Calendar
Relevant Experience Prior to 2000:
Engle Homes Builder/Preferred Home Mortgage Closer/ Processor
Centex Homes Builder/CTX Mortgage Company Closing Supervisor
Qualifications & Certifications
John I Leonard High School