- Full time
- Part time
- One time
I am punctual and attentive to detail for the owner on any issues that he/she sees fit for the job. I have been doing this type of work for over 30 years for various clients, mostly people whom i have worked with or for.
Port Washington Animal Hospital
Up to December 2008
I was one of the part time receptionists while I worked a full time job at the Department of Agriculture in Veterinary Sciences. At the hospital we had a very busy practice and seldom had time to even go to the bathroom! Other than making the usual appointments, we gave advice over the phone and filled prescriptions for the patients as well as checking them in for their visits and discharing them with the doctors help.
Animal Health Technician
From May 2005
Animal Health Inspector for Illinois and New York State USDA-APHIS Veterinary Services. Duties include:
❖ RSSS (Regulatory Scrapies Slaughter Surveillance) - Collection of samples from mature sheep and goats for Scrapies Slaughter Surveillance Program. Completion of paperwork for submission and data entry into VSLS (Veterinary Services Laboratory Submissions)
❖ Certified Scrapies Flock Inspections- Animal inspections of sheep for Scrapies Certification Program. Inventory and examination of ID. Completion of inspection forms.
❖ Inspection of USDA and IL approved livestock market facilities. Completion of USDA Livestock Facility Surveillance Report inspection forms. Examination of sales records for market agreement compliance.
❖ FSIS Inspected Slaughter House visit- completion of Slaughter House Work Report inspection forms.
❖ Contagious Equine Metritis submission of samples and paperwork, observation of treatments and breedings and data entry into EMRS (Emergency Management Response System)
❖ In a cooperative agreement with NYS Department of Agriculture and Markets, responsible for testing poultry (pharyngeal/tracheal and cloacal swabs for PCR and VI) for LPAI in Live Bird Markets within and around NYC. Also trained in blood collection samples, all sent to NYS Diagnostic Lab. Completion of Live Bird Market (including distributor facilities) C&D, Inspection and Compliance forms as required by NYS. Examination of sales records and health certificates for market agreement compliance. Visit to Pennsylvania distributor facility for quarterly inspection.
❖ Collection of BRT milk samples for bi-annual testing required in NYS. Completion of BRT paperwork and milk samples sent to NYS Animal Diagnostic Center (Brucellosis Lab)
❖ Responsible for emergency response to animal disease outbreaks as needed.
Long Island Animal Hospital
I worked a part time receptionist while working as a full time Animal Health Technician for the Depatment of Agriculture Veterinary Science.
Akron Zoological Society
May 2002 - February 2005
Curator of Husbandry
* Direct manager of the Zoo's animal collection and its Animal Keeping Staff.
* Responsible for the daily management issues related to animal care.
* Responsibilities include but are not limited to: budget management, feed and supply orders, scheduling, performance evaluations, protocol review, keeper training and education, Strategic Planning, Master Planning, Institutional Representation for various animal species, exhibit design and development, etc.
Client Service Representative/Office Manager (seasonal)
January 2000 - April 2008
I worked as CSR and help to organize the office a an unofficial office manager for 3 years- working with Frank Labetti in Glen Cove, NY
Utah's Hogle Zoo
February 1999 - April 2002
* Primary Keeper for Great Apes as well as management of the Primate Team, which included three installations in the park. In addition, supervised the Small Animal Building and Behavioral Enrichment staff.
* Daily staff scheduling, performance evaluation, protocol development and review, collection planning, exhibit design and renovation, job descriptions development for new and current positions, questionnaire response, relief keeper duties, animal restraint, assisting veterinary procedures, animal shipments, and implementing new procedures to update the operation of the zoo, etc.
November 1999 - February 2002
I worked as a runner to collect carts and organize cart stations part time while working full time as a Supervisor at Utah's Hogle Zoo.
Kmart Shoe Department
May 1999 - November 1999
I worked as a customer attendant in the shoe department part time while I worked full time as a Supervisor at Utah's Hogle Zoo.
Assistant Supervisor, Mammal Department
The Wildlife Conservation Society
May 1996 - February 1999
* Responsible for, but not limited to, the management of all Mammal Department animal installations and the supervision of over fifty keepers, interns, and volunteers.
* Daily staff scheduling, time records, animal transport including importing and exporting procedures, animal restraint, assistance in veterinary procedures, exhibit design and construction, operant conditioning programs, behavioral enrichment programs and daily record keeping summaries for all installations, etc.
Senior Wild Animal Keeper, Mammal Department
The Wildlife Conservation Park
September 1989 - May 1996
Responsible for the management of the exhibit buildings: "Monkey House", housing over fifteen species of South American primates and a colony of California Sea Lions and troop of Ring-tailed Lemurs; " Mouse House", over 30 species of exotic rodents and their predators ; and "The World of Darkness", a nocturnal exhibit with over 30 species of mammals, reptiles, birds, amphibians and Sept 1992- May 1994 The Wildlife Conservation Park Bronx, NY
NYZS/ Bronx Zoo
July 1985 - November 1989
Menagerie Keeper, Mammal Department
* Care and maintenance of the Mammal Department's 14 installations, working under the supervision of a Senior Keeper. Also responsible for relieving several of these installations. Gained experience with many species of mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians, and invertebrates.
Work study student for Biological Illustrator
SUNY at Buffalo
Biological Illustrator Assistant
Bartender, Short-order Cook, Waitress
Liverpool Golf and Country Club
I worked as a short order cook and bartender/waitress part time to help put myself through college with the help of my Mother who I also worked with there. We made quite the team!
Qualifications & Certifications
Liverpool High School
Long Island University
SUNY at Stony Brook
SUNY at Buffalo