Hot Shot Driver
Black Gold Transport
Member of a fast paced transportation company specializing in critical deliveries for the oil and gas
• Experienced in driving both locally and long haul
• Regularly and accurately maintained a driver's log
• Drove light, medium, and heavy-duty trucks
• Have driven over 100,000 miles with no moving violations
• Checked loads on pickup and upon delivery and dealt with any damage claims
• Delivered equipment requiring invoice signatures
• Drove and performed duties in many adverse weather conditions
• Have driven various truck and trailer combinations including dry van and goose neck trailers
• Enjoyed operating in a small team environment for extended hours
• Inspected and maintained vehicle and supplies
• Successfully operated vehicles in all weather conditions and over a wide variety of terrain
• Secured loads using chains and binders
• Resolved time limitations and scheduling conflicts
• Maintained excellent attendance record
• Class A CDL
Miller's Auto and Body Repair
Operated an Emergency wrecker in the city limits of Houston and Greater Harris County area.Licensed by City of Houston, Harris County and State of Texas.Promoted to Supervisor after 2 years of service.
• monitored and managed 10+ employees operating on a 24/7 basis
• assisted with customer relations, periodically defusing potentially hostile situations with employees and customers.
• worked with office staff to ensure proper inventory control and records of storage facility.
• responsible for employee education as required by City of Houston, Harris county and State of Texas
• Maintained excellent attendance record
• responsible for ensuring staffing needs were met on a 24/7 basis
• maintained good working relationship with all drivers while enforcing company policies
• ensured that all drivers followed safety regulations set forth by city, state, county and company policies.
• communicated with drivers and dispatchers via two way radio system
• monitored tracking devices installed in individual trucks as required by City of Houston
• acted as company representative when required at tow hearings conducted by City of Houston and Municipal
Senior Police Telecommunicator/Dispatcher
City of Houston Police
The Police Dispatcher is charged with and responsible for the radio dispatching of police personnel and the telephone requirement of the department. Aside from the main goal of officer safety, the Police
Dispatcher is the first contact point between the department and the community.Any and all request for assistance are routed through the Police Department's Dispatch office and all Police Dispatchers
are tasked with the responsibility of assisting these people in a polite, professional and timely
manner.As per a study performed by the 911 Network, a Police Dispatcher may be required to perform over 800 different and individual functions in a single shift. A good dispatcher is an officer's or driver's
most important tool other than their weapon or vehicle.
• Awarded citation from the Police Chief for performance of duty in a critical situation, also nominated for "Telecommunicator of the year" by the 911 Network of Greater Harris County in 1998
• used computer aided dispatch system as primary mode of operations to accomplish duties.
• monitored all activities of (up to 100 +) field units to help ensure unit availability and officer safety
• coordinated with other dispatchers, divisions and/or agencies as required, high resource utilization was a
• performed communications and record-keeping duties relative to law enforcement and emergency
service/public safety applications.
• answered questions and/or provided information relative to service incidents;provided information to other
dispatchers, divisions, or agencies
• dispatched police units for service of reported incidents and monitored field activities
• performed in stressful situations, many times performing multiple actions at the same time
• trained and instructed new dispatchers and call takers
• evaluated trainees prior to release for position in dispatch center
• communicated with field officers via MDT (mobile data terminal) in order to clear calls for service,...
Qualifications & Certifications
Mac Arthur High School/Houston Community College
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more