Emergency Management Planning
I have skills and competencies in all areas associated with emergency and crisis management, risk management, business continuity, exercise management, training development and facilitation and security related assessments.
I provide services from writing emergency planning to providing governance reports on existing plans.
I develop and facilitate exercises for emergency services, local and district emergency management committees, aerodromes and a variety of smaller organisations, either as a governance requirement or for training.
I have been a member of the National Counter Terrorism Committee (NCTC) exercise writing and training capability.
I provide exercise evaluation services and final reporting as well as presenting basic training on evaluation techniques and requirements (These are based on NCTC requirements and are now a part of the Emergency Management Australia (EMA) Exercise Management regime)
I provide training across all areas of emergency and crisis management. This training can be accredited through a preferred RTO.
I have highly developed communications and inter-personnel skills and provide relevant and understood feedback across all organisational levels and am considered to be a subject matter expert in the area of aerodrome planning and related aviation services.
Derwent Emergency Management Consultancy
From November 2012
March 2013 – Present (6 months)Perth Area, Australia
July- August 2013 Currently facilitating accredited AIIMS training for Perth Airport Pty Ltd to provide skill-set for Incident Management Teams.
Emergency Planning, Emergency Exercising, Airport Emergency planning, Business Continuity Planning, Incident Management Team development, Crisis Management Team development, Emergency Management Training (Accredited through preferred RTO) Staff , Security and Risk assessments and solutions
Emergency Management Coordinator
January 2005 - November 2012
• Provided operational support and specialist advice to emergency services in areas of emergency management, crisis management, risk, and security across the state hazards.
• Develop and facilitate training for police and other emergency services for areas including search and rescue, incident management, business continuity and exercise management.
• Develop, write and facilitate exercises across government and industry.
• Develop a whole of state aerodrome exercise regime to support local police roles in the aerodrome certification process.
• Member of the Perth and Jandakot Aerodrome emergency planning and security committees. (Plan development and implementation)
• Develop and create planning for visits of Nuclear Powered Warships to WA and manage the visits
• Ensure that W A Police had the capability to effectively undertake its emergency operational and management responsibilities across single and multi-agency emergencies.
• I have acted in the roles of Emergency Coordinator at a local and district level, Incident Controller at Level 1, 2 and 3 incident, Police Commander when required, as well as all functions as required by the Australasian Inter-services Incident Management System.
• I have written, reviewed and conducted audits of emergency planning across police, emergency services and a number of aerodromes across the state.
• I have been a member of the State Hazardous Materials and Counter Terrorism Committees providing advice on policing matters to the committee.
• I have been a member of the Hazardous Emergency Advisory Team (HEAT), which is convened to provide advice at major hazardous material spills.
Qualifications & Certifications
Certificate IV Training
College of Law and Justice
Diploma of Security and Risk
College of Law and Justice
Advanced Diploma Business Management
West Coast College
Advanced Dip Public Safety Emergency Management
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more