Claim you profile
January 2007 - May 2014
Hotel du Viaduc du Viaur, France / www.hotelviaducduviaur.com
A hotel built in 1902 overlooking the region's famous Viaduc du Viaur
Key Achievements & Responsibilities:
• Transformed and reopened a hotel that had ceased trading five years previously and that was in a state of disrepair; took it through a period of intensive change in order to resume operations
• Worked with a limited budget of just €35k and brought all aspects of the refit in within budget. This included:
o Project managing the full refurbishment of the guest rooms, amending the layout to turn four smaller rooms into two well-appointed large en suite rooms to create a total of 18 guest bedrooms
o Overseeing the renovation of the lounge bar and restaurant, all public access areas, commercial kitchen, toilets, covered terrace (60 covers) and public gardens
o Developing the swimming pool and bar area and creating a function room for 100+ covers
o Directing the work of contractors and liaising with suppliers to troubleshoot and address problems and achieve best possible finishes and prices
o Upgrading all fixtures and fittings and using keen eye for detail to bring all elements up to a high standard
• Designed and created a new website to promote the business, ensuring optimal user experience with technical assistance
• Increased local patronage through the design and implementation of roadside signage to promote the newly reopened venue, liaising with council officials to gain the necessary permissions
Up to March 2007
Beaumont House Hotel, Norfolk / www.beaumonthousehotel.com
Victorian built small hotel, situated in Great Yarmouth a few minutes walk from the sea front
Key Achievements & Responsibilities:
• Played a key project management and hands-on role in the complete transformation of this underperforming hotel with a low two star rating, a Trading Standards warning and minimal levels of repeat custom. This included:
o Planning and managing the redecoration of all public areas, installation of a full commercial kitchen and public bar, and creation of a function room catering for 40 covers; directing the work of various contractors
o Leading the refurbishment of the hotel's 15 bedrooms, redesigning the layout to create two high-spec master en suite Jacuzzi bedrooms
o Renovating the private living quarters, comprising of six rooms and bathroom
• Halted Trading Standards' removal of the hotel's RAC accreditation, working closely with the RAC (latterly Visit Britain) going forward and attaining a 4 Star Silver award in 2005 as a result of hard work and transformation achieved
• Won the Tourism in Norfolk Best Run Small Hotel in Norfolk award in 2005
• Featured in Start your Business (voted best magazine for entrepreneurs) in 2006 as a result of successes, including ability to attract foreign visitors
• Established an online presence for the business, increasing awareness and bookings through the creation of the hotel's own website, which is still used by the subsequent owners
• Targeted potential clientele through the creation of effective and targeted marketing literature and media advertisements
• Secured alternative revenue sources in the low season by catering for private functions, such as weddings, funerals, conferences and christenings; remained on hand to provide events management expertise to ensure that all ran smoothly
• Oversaw day-to-day operations and the management and development of a team of 10 staff, ensuring full compliance with all industry standards and...
Corporate Sales Events Manager
PA to Finance Director
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more