Designer/Production and Layout Artist
January 2010 - February 2013
• Design and Layout Book interiors • Work on two-color, black and white, and 4-color books, as assigned. • Ensure that interior design conforms to production/manufacturing standards and specifications • Collaborate with publisher, author, and editors to adhere to the vision of the book • Convert and/or modify images and make highlight and shadow adjustments in Photoshop • Flight check and prepare final pages (PDF) for printer • Support project management workflow. Books published: 2011 "Blood, Steel, and Myth, " and 2013 "Kampfraum Arnheim."
Layout Artist/Designer/Prepress Coordinator
The Globe Pequot Press
August 2006 - August 2009
• Design and Layout Book interiors • Layout 60+ page proofs per year for two-color, black and white, and 4-color books, as assigned. Ensure that interior design conforms to production/manufacturing standards and specifications
• Collaborate with editors and cover designers to adhere to the vision of the book • Convert and/or modify images and make highlight and shadow adjustments in Photoshop • Revise all passes between editorial and production to produce final page proofs • Flightcheck and prepare final pages for printer • Write instructions and purchase orders for freelance • Submit costs • Evaluate disks of books and artwork received from outside resources for content (create contact sheets) and quality (resolution) •Support Production manager overseeing workflow.
Manager, Graphic Designer, Sales
Success Printing and Mailing Inc
• Responsibilities include Management, Graphic design, Prepress, Sales, and Customer Service for Alpine Xpress, a retail print shop and a division of Success Printing and Mailing Inc.
• Work consisted of business development, executive sales, art direction, graphic design,
print production, and digital photography.
Published Art Director of TINGIS Magazine, A Moroccan-American Magazine of Ideas and Culture.
TINGIS is a quarterly magazine.
Studio Manager, Graphic Designer, Production Artist
BrandDirect Marketing Co. Inc
• Graphic Design and Print Production work on all company projects.
• Flight Checked and collected for output all finalized project files.
• Managed and resolved daily production issues with images, job files, designs, production instructions,
special requests, Printers and Clients.
• Managed and directed freelance Graphic Artists.
• Managed studio inventory requirements for software and equipment.
• Organized and built studio archives, to efficiency, for all images and job files.
• Promotion Projects included: Catalogs, Brochures, Newsletters, Direct Mailers, Business Reply Cards,
Letterheads, Envelopes, Business Cards, Logos, FSI (Coupons), Sweepstakes, Rebate offers.
Company Clients included: Arthur Frommer's Budget Travel, Best Friends Pet Club, Better Living from Reader's Digest, Disney, CBS SportsLine Direct, Field & Stream Club, Home Lifestyles,
InfoProtect, Sesame Workshop Kids Club, IBM, Outdoor Explorer Club, Simplicity Sewing & Crafts
Club and Trailside.
Graphic Designer, Production Artist
Peter Gray Staffing LLC
• Graphic Design and Print Production for projects such as Books, Magazines, Covers, Catalogs,
Package Design, Advertisements, Brochures, Flyers, Business Reply Cards, Direct Mailers, Letterheads,
Business Cards, Logos, Sales Letters, etc.
BrandDirect Marketing Inc., Shelton, CT; Arch Chemicals, Inc, Norwalk, CT; Alcone Marketing Co., Darien, CT;
Bic Inc., Milford, CT; Conair & CuisineArt, Greenwich, CT; Barry Blau and Partners Inc., Wilton, CT;
Hyperion Solutions Inc., Stamford, CT; Omega Inc., Stamford, CT; Disney Inc., Bethel, CT;
Thomson Learning, Stamford, CT; The MDI Group, Inc., Pleasantville, NY; BCB Group, Inc., Meriden, CT.;
GW Hoffman Inc., Darien, CT.
Prepress Production Artist, Graphic Designer
Express Communications Inc
• Managed incoming jobs, modified designs, produced heavy production requests, created
Match prints, Iris Prints and developed film.
• Packed up and broke down all equipment and supplies for each job.
• Set up shoot (Cameras, lighting, electrical requirements, film requirements).
• Designed layout or perspective of Photography
Brad Stanton, Joseph Kugielsky, Harrison Judd, Garry Burdick, Bill Seitz, and Ed Freeman.
Printer/Dark Room Specialist
Connecticut Photographics Inc
• Produced custom black and white prints for professional clients.
• Managed the darkroom schedule, organization and supplies.
• Managed workflow regarding type of job, size of negative and print, style of print, and paper type.
Qualifications & Certifications
Hunter College of the City University of New York