Claim you profile
- Full time
- Part time
- One time
Catering at Worthing Theatres, Worthing Borough Council
• Day to day running of the site that I am working in.
• Cash handling including from customer to till, and till to cash office (banking).
• Dealing with paperwork including sundry debtor invoicing, petty cash and end of day paperwork. I have also helped with the food safety paperwork.
• Training I have helped with the training of new staff, including cellar training with some, and sorting out training in the way of standard setting.
• Have helped to run some of the major events that we host across our three sites including; Taxi's a sit down three course meal for 450+ people with a turnaround of an hour before they come back for afternoon tea. The Mayor's ball which was a sit down 3 course meal for 250+. The bowls tournament banquet which was a sit down buffet served family service style for 250+. Also the Business awards which again is a sit down 3 course meal for 250+. For most of these I have been involved with the preparation work including the set up and helping with the ordering of equipment, the laying out of the tables and the serving of the food, looking after every table and liaising with the kitchen on diner's preferences and dietary requirements.
• I have run a variety of busy events with a team including the Imperial Society of Teachers of Dance. This included VIP drinks reception, food delivery, Tea rooms for guests and lunch service for guests. This event was a three day event.
• I run a team for many sold out shows such as "one night of Queen", "Sally Morgan", "Jimmy Carr", "Al Murray" and other's. During these shows we have 45 minutes before the show and 20 minutes interval to serve 900 people. This can be tough, as it has to run smoothly and efficiently. I have led the team to success on various occasions of these.
• At the moment I am taking care of the two cellar's including the line cleaning, stock rotation, maintenance and date coding.
• Stock taking is my responsibility at the moment and I have been working with my manager to make sure...
Stylo Barratts Ltd
• Customer service which was very highly prioritized by Barratts and was aimed at 85% compliance on mystery shopper visits. Our store was above this level.
• Oversee sales targets were being met in the three separate areas, sales, handbags, sundries. Our store was above company set benchmarks. When these did dip I was responsible for training the staff on usage for sundries and also how to build add on sales.
• I was responsible for all weekly deliveries, including maintenance of stock rooms and ensuring all new lines were implemented and customer orders dealt with efficiently. Part of my role was to ensure compliance with company benchmarks for audit and stock takes. The company benchmark for errors incurred in delivery and the paperwork that goes with it was 4% judged on your stock take, our stores was less than !%.
• I have the sole responsibility for rota's, wages sheets and dealing with staffing difficulties including disciplinary procedures and staff appraisals.
• I had responsibility for merchandising and promotions within the store. Making sure every single product was available on shop floor for customer. Also making sure that it was in compliance with the company standards. Sale launch was twice a year.
• Day to day running of the store.
• Liase with other managers and area managers to ensure store was fully compliant.
Sales advisor/temporary concessions manager
Dolcis, Bay Trading
• Serving customers, dealing with any complaints.
• Stock ordering for customer requests, dealing with deliveries.
• Merchandising to keep a fresh look on floor and to accommodate any new lines and sales or promotions.
• Actioning any requests from head office and /or Area manager.
• Other day to day activities to keep the business running to the company standards.
• Within Laurel I progressed from bar assistant to Deputy Manager within 1 year. Completing the Laurel training diploma 1 and diploma 2, doing the licensing exam and applying for an interim license whilst the pub had no permanent manager.
• I managed a busy floor, our day time trade was very heavily food led. I was responsible for staffing and rota's. I ran a number of events including open mic and band nights, quiz nights. With these I had to ensure they were promoted .I had to promote the use of our function room, which I held a couple of weddings in and a few birthday parties. (Only room for 50) so was very reduced on who could use it. I worked with three back of house systems to get paperwork actioned, Viewbase, Clarity and Prism. I was responsible for all of our ordering and deliveries and helped with stock takes.
I did reliefs in various pubs including one of Laurel's flagship pubs The Turf Tavern in Oxford, Shoreham by sea, Wimbledon, Richmond which was one of my base pubs I did a relief for 51/2 weeks all I had remarkable feedback for.
Qualifications & Certifications
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more