Up until October 2012 I was owner manager of my own business, which consisted of convenience store, deli, Post Office and Forecourt.
During this time I employed 5 - 6 staff, and managed them directly.
In 2004 I transformed, what was a traditional family business, into a modern multifaceted business.
I selected Gala as our new symbol group, and grew a strong working relationship with both Gala and An Post.
I maintained the standards and grew the business with both of these companies.Cash flow, accounting, hiring and training staff,
compliance and Project Management are among my skills and experiences.
I am proficient in Microsoft Office and Integrated EPOS systems. I also submitted my own tax returns through ROS.
I recently worked with the Herlihy's Centra Group as Fresh Food Manager where over twenty people and four separate departments were under my direct supervision.
I believe I have the skills and experience to take the next step in my retail career.
Fresh Food Manager
Herlihy's Centra, Curraheen Road
From September 2013
• Managing all departments associated with Fresh Food including the deli, kitchen, bakery and butchers
• Managing a team of more than 20 people
• Overseeing production in-store for delivery to other Herlihy's stores
• Setting production targets for staff
• Taking orders and managing deliveries
• Using the Centra Gold system (including S.E.L and P.O.S maintenance)
• Innovating through the design of new fresh food products and sourcing new products from fresh food companies
• Training staff in new areas of production and presentation
• Promoting Herlihy's branded products
• Maintaining H.A.C.C.P plan for the store
• Monitoring daily and weekly hygiene sheets for each department for cleaning, traceability and temperature controls (Under my management the store achieved a score of 74% from E.I.Q.A, the highest score ever for the store)
Student Grant Assessor (SUSI)
November 2012 - September 2013
• Dealing with and advising students over the phone regarding submitted claims for student grants
• Working with high volumes of information accurately
• Administration and data entry
Gleeson's Gala Supermarket and Post Office
• Successfully managing a Supermarket and Post Office in Farran for 15 years including selecting, managing and training staff to work in the shop, deli and Post Office and establishing and managing budgets and targets
• Hiring and training employees
• Selecting and implementing the appropriate cash register/ computer system, creating a successful system of integration between the cash register and computer stocktaking and training staff to use these systems.
• Keeping books of account
• Making tax returns including VAT, PRSI etc
• Utilising Computer skills including Microsoft Office including Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
• Developing and modernizing the premises (Complete new fit out in 2004)
• Organizing processes and maintaining the goodwill of the community towards the shop
• Advertising offers within the shop and at a local level
• Customer Service
• Managing the day to day running of the post office
• Utilizing the An Post Riposte computer system
• Balancing weekly accounts
• Ordering cash and stock
• Maintaining An Post security standards
Assistant Bar Manager
Raynes Park Tavern
• Dealing with customers
• Handling Cash
Qualifications & Certifications
Presentation Brothers College Cork
London School of Economics
Presentation Brothers College
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more