I am a Project Accountant with more than ten years experience, gained in the media, construction and mining sectors, working on multiple multi-disciplinary projects worth billions of rands, from feasibility to completion stages.
Cost Accountant - Koidu Limited-Octea Mining Group ( Sierra Leone )
Industry: Mining ( Diamonds )
Location: Koidu-Sierra Leone )
Project Accountant at Norilsk Nickel Africa- Johannesburg
Industry- Mining ( Nickel )
Location - Johannesburg
Financial administration and reporting • Conduct variance analysis and provide explanations-monthly
• Maintain project reconciliations-monthly
• Update weekly cash flow forecasts.
• Compile monthly projects expenditure forecasts and refine with the actual invoicing.
• Monitor expenditure and report deviances from budget-daily
Project Cost Accounting
• Maintain supplier payment schedules-daily
• Control invoices-daily
• Ensure that correct project codes are applied.
• Ensure correctional journal entries are processed and effected in Costrac and Ellipse-daily
• Ensure project costs are accurately and timely recorded in Costrac system & reconciliation thereof with actual expenditure in financial systems
Internal and external client liaison • Resolve payment queries, supplier queries and accounting system issues/queries-daily
• Update books and accounting system-daily
• Support year-end audit process by providing the necessary information.
• Reconcile and close purchase orders—monthly
• Compile closure report and obtain sign off by suppliers-monthly
• Provide work breakdown structure (WBS) of project expenditure to Capex Accountant for capitalisation.
Implementation and Development: Initiated and implemented monthly project expenditure reports.
Reduced variances to below 3% for all projects.
Project Accountant on the USD 400 million Activox project in Botswana ( a Norilsk project)
Project Accountant on the USD 150 Million DMS Project at Tati Nickel Mine in Botswana ( owned by Norilsk)