I am a loyal, competitive and goal driven individual with an eye for detail.
I am professionally registered with the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health of South Africa(IOSHSA) and currently hold the membership status of Technical Member (Tech IOSHSA Membership no:27356126) which is an internationally recognized professional designation which recently also has been recognized by SAQA in South Africa.
I am a registered member with the South African Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (SAIOSH) where I currently hold the membership grade of Occupational Health and Safety Practitioner (OHSPRAC Membership no:27356126) which is a South African professional designation.
In general I want to excel at everything I undertake by developing my personal abilities & strengths, and improving on my weaknesses.
T6 Pilot Build Launch Project at Ford Motor Company
Site Manager/Safety Officer
Staff Initiatives Pty Ltd
From October 2014
To apply and monitor the application of SHE controls systems and procedures according to organizational and legislative requirements.
• To ensure that the areas of responsibility as dedicated from time to time conforms to all applicable legislation and OHSAS 18 001 requirements.
• To establish and maintain a safety awareness culture in areas of responsibility as dedicated from time to time amongst management and workers.
• Authority to stop any activities when action could result in injury or damage to equipment
• In-depth investigations into all reported incidents are done to determine the direct, sub- and underlying causes and the reporting to the relevant authorities.
• Conducting of monthly scheduled OHSAS 18001, ISO 9001 and 14001 audits
• Attending of regular SHEQ meetings
• Training and coaching of workers in the requirements of OHSAS 18001, ISO 9001 and 14001
• Develop and monitor progress of SHE Action Plan
• To provide up to date and accurate information and safety systems support to the safety Department and other team members to ensure the efficient use and transfer of information
• To maintain and ensure all safety systems data are accurate.
Ford Motor Company
March 2005 - September 2013
Safety Risk Assessments
Safety Compliance Auditing
Conduct Injury and incident Investigations
Liaise with Management of Safety Risk Assessment
Provide Health and Safety Training
Identify and Assess hazards on new layouts before signoff
Assist in emergency responds
Lead safety risk assessment meetings
Safety issue investigation and resolution
Review Personal Protective Equipment needs and suitability
Conduct routine internal audits and inspections and log findings on CCAR
Introduce and drive new initiatives in terms of Health and Safety in the plant
Regular internal communication at all levels by way of routine meetings
Verify all High Potential Near Miss incidents and verify corrective actions
Conduct administrative control audits
Respond to safety incidents
General safety admin (Compilation report)
Assist occupational Hygienist and compile action plans on findings
Conduct SBI audits
Conduct ECPL audits
Contractors audits and compile method statements
Qualifications & Certifications
Project Management Professional
National Diploma in Safety Management
University of South Africa