Grants Administrator (EPWP Learner
SOUTH AFRICAN SOCIAL SECURITY AGENCY (SASSA)
July 2012 - September 2013
12 Months contract)LOCAL OFFICE: SASSA- Ekuvukeni Local Office
DURATION: July 2012 to September 2013
• Taking applications in terms of social assistance Act no 13 of 2004
• Screening and completing checklist when customers call to apply
• Attend to telephone and personal queries
• Knowledge of office practices and administration
• Complete Life certificate in terms of the Act and Regulations
• Attend to clients queries and complete Applications
• Prepare and process application on SOCPEN• Completion of weekly statistics
• Making sure that Batho Pele principles practised in the working environment
• SASSA Re-Registration project and conducting home visit.KNOWLEDGES
• Sassa mandates• SASSA four steps• Older Persons Act• SASSA Act No.9 of 2004
• Knowledge of public finance management Act (PFMA)
• Social Security Act No.13 of 2004• Batho Pele Principles
• Promotion of Administration Justice Act No 3 of 2000• Child Care Act
• Children's Act No 30 of 2005
• The constitution of the Republic of South Africa No.108 of 1996 as amended
community development worker (masupa-tsela contract
Department of Social Development
October 2008 - September 2011
(Ekuvukeni office) POSITION HELD: Masupa-Tsela Youth Pioneer Programme (Cadre)
DURATION: 13 October 2008 to September 2011
REASON FOR LEAVING: Contract Expired
DUTIES: PROGRAMME I (Corporate Service)
• Submission of monthly report on post establishment.
• Registering and forwarding of leave forms, and forms etc to the regional office.
• Assist in Registry section.
• Maintenance of HR file.
• Maintenance of suggestion box.
• Filling, Photocopying and fax.
• Maintenance of files and registry statistics.
• Assist in the reception area and switchboard.
• Logging of faults and compilation of log return.
• Perform administration duties relevant to the job.
PROGRAMME II (Social Service)
• Assist in organisation, planning and co-ordinating.
• Identify needy families and refer for relevant service.
• Assist in then establishment of Luncheon clubs and Crèches.
• Monitor of funded organisation.
• Assist with compliance with legislation.
• Disaster management assist with assessment and distribution of social relief.
• Collect documents, home address and inform clients of courts dates.
• Assisted in filling cover pages of the reports.
PROGRAMME III (Development and Research)
• Implementation of youth development programmes (Skills development, Life skills etc).
• Conducting audit for youth in the community.
• Identify unregistered ECD facilities and assist with crèche registration.
• Drafting of constitution and keep database of registered crèches.
• Filling of NPO registration forms and acquisition of PTO's.
• War on poverty (Profiling).
• Implementation of youth special programmes.
• Establishment of youth advisory board.
• Implementation of HIV/AIDS programmes.
• Engage in basic life space work to promote the development and care of the children and youth.
• Assist in the establishment of the youth forums.
• Assist in research of HIV/AIDS issues.
• Attend partnership meetings with municipalities.
Qualifications & Certifications
S'gweje High School
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more