My name is Khalil Asfour, I am a holder for Master’s Degree in Applied Science (Biotechnology) from University of Western Sydney, enriched in (Research Methodology and Experimental Design).
I have started my career in teaching Sciences and Biology, and then in the last 5 years I have focused my experience on research and development that includes managing projects, coaching teachers, supervising students, and also dealing with school administrators.
On the one hand; I was feeling satisfied in my job. On the other hand; my unlimited ambition still urges me to look for a better opportunity. Therefore; I am looking for a management or a leadership position in the Non-profit & Social Sciences community or in the Education & Training community because I need to deal with a challenging environment that add on my personality to achieve my future aspirations such as, completing PhD and running my own business.
Jubilee Center for Excellence in Education
From January 2013
* Attended workshop entitled "Developing Educational Programs for Talented and Creative Students", organized by Jubilee Center for Excellence in Education, held at Jubilee School, Jan 7 - 13/ 2014.
* Participated in the Intercultural Training Seminar entitled "Going Ahead with Euro-Med", organized by Anna Lindh Foundation, held at Tutzing - Munich, Apr 23 - 27 / 2013.
"Train the Trainer"
From July 2012
in cooperation with Gannon University/USA from 1-3/July/2012.
* Participated in a course entitled (Brain Cell Research) organized by the Teachers Forum for Excellence in Education in 2011
* Participated in a course entitled "Thinking Skills" held at Jubilee School in Sep 2011.
* Attended in "Strategies for Teaching Gifted and Talented Students" organized by Jubilee Center for Excellence in Education in June 2011
* Participated in a conference entitled "Why Children's Voices should be Heard" held by Information Technology and Research Center at King Hussein Foundation in Nov 2010.
* ICT with British Council held at Imperial Hotel in Oct 2010.
* Catering for the Needs of Gifted Students, at Stamford University in Aug 2010.
* The 7th Arab Scientific Conference for talented and gifted students, in July 2010.
* Social Scientific Research and Information Technology Course held at King Hussein Foundation (Research Center and Information) in May 2010.
* Excellence in Education and Creativity, at University of Jordan in May 2010.
* Connecting Classroom Online and Creativity Evaluation Course held at Queen Rania Center for Education and Technology under British Council Supervision, in April 2010.
* Participated in Private School Council (Action Research Discipline) in Oct 2009.
* Great Exploration in Science held by Science University of California in Aug 2009.
* Attended 'Students with Special Educational Needs' course held at Bishop's School in Feb 2009.
* Workshop in Classroom Management held by Ministry of Education in Jan 2009.
Head of Research Unit
August 2009 - August 2014
o Dealing with school community relations and heads of departments & leading workshop for school teachers.
o Draft requests-for-proposals and prepare solicitations for investigator-initiated research proposals, and assist in coordinating proposal solicitation and review process workflow
o Screen grantee annual and final progress reports
o Organize information for "closeout" reports for all completed programs and project
o Support of interdisciplinary defined research projects, particularly in Applied Science & Technology
o Channel material and financial support for researchers dealing with scientific and technical problems
o Implement studies and surveys to enable students to solve problems through exploration and experimentation through partnerships with accredited professionals at universities, research institutions, and businesses.
o Event planning and student development.
o Teaching senior students the following subjects: Research Methodology and Experimental Design, Human Biology, Environmental Science, Nutrition and Health, Genetics and Ethics, Principles of Marketing, and Research Skills.
From August 2008
- Amman, Jordan, Aug 2009 - July 2010
o Teaching primary and secondary students Science,
o Teaching IGCSE students Biology.
* Telemarketing Team Leader
Global Marketing Group
April 2008 - August 2008
Trainee as a Lab Senior
Musharbash Exchange Company
August 2005 - August 2006
Al Amal Maternity Hospital, Alkhalidi Hospital
June 2004 - June 2005
Qualifications & Certifications
University of Western Sydney
Jordan University of Science and Technology
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more