Gene Expression Analysis
Transcriptome profiling of resistant genes expressed under stress conditions using qRT-PCR
Sequence homology searches and sequence-deposit in GenBank (NCBI)
Extensive experience with standard molecular biology enzymatic reactions, ligations, PCR, DNA cloning, sequencing, western blot analysis, and other molecular experiments
Gene identification, isolation, cloning, transformation and molecular characterization
Subtracted cDNA library construction
cDNA library construction
Agrobacterium- and Biolistic- mediated transformation
Molecular characterization of transgenic plants using molecular biological techniques
Quantitative detection of proteins (post-translational modification)
Plasmid DNA isolation and transformation of bacteria for preparation of a construct (vector)
Bacteria culturing, selection of transformed cells and maintenance of cultures
Preparation of transformation-competent cells
Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs)-detection by PCR- & protein-based methods
Field evaluation of transgenic plants for agronomically important traits
Tissue culture and micrografting techniques
Meristem isolation and culture
Regeneration survey (evaluation of plant genotypes for response to tissue culture)
Standardization plant tissue culture protocol
Supervised graduate and undergraduate students within the laboratory setting, created a positive, well integrated environment crossing all linguistic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds
Established an environment that fostered students striving for excellence by focusing on what they had done well, encouraging improvement in constructive and positive ways
Consistently demonstrated accuracy, precision and a high degree of organization in all scientific experimentation, research and documentation
Primary focus in the work is always the quality of the data
Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Manitoba, Canada
Voluntary Work Studies
Project title: Gene expression of nerve growth factor (NGF) and methyl CpG binding protein 2 (MeCP2) in the nervous system. Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Manitoba, Canada.
• Quantitative real-time PCR (qRT-PCR) of NGF and MeCP2 under disease (experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis, EAE) for both Dorsal Root Ganglia (DRG) and Spinal Cord (SC).
Research Associate Studies
Plant Science Department
Project title: Transcriptome profiling of susceptible and resistant wheat infected by Fusarium graminearum. Plant Science Department, Faculty of Agricultural & Food Sciences, University of Manitoba, Canada.
• Quantitative transcript accumulation and gene expression analysis using real-time PCR.
• Transcriptome profiling of resistant genes expressed under stress conditions.
• Homology searching analysis of DNA sequence and deposit in GenBank (NCBI).
Plant Science Department, Faculty
Project title: Molecular identification, characterization, and cloning of wheat resistance genes expressed under different isolates of Fusarium graminearum. Plant Science Department, Faculty of Agricultural & Food Sciences, University of Manitoba, Canada.
• Extensive experience with standard molecular biology enzymatic reactions, primer designing, PCR, DNA cloning and sequencing.
• Gene identification, isolation, cloning and transformation.
• Subtracted cDNA library construction.
• cDNA library construction.
• Differential genes expression methods: Differential Display RT-PCR (DDRT-PCR), Suppressive Subtractive Hybridization (SSH).
Osaka Prefecture University
Project title: A bacterial transgene for catalase protects translation of D1 protein during exposure of salt-stressed tobacco leaves to strong light. Graduate School of Life & Environmental Sciences, Osaka Prefecture University, Japan.
• Agrobacterium & Biolistic- mediated transformation.
• Molecular characterization of transgenic plants using molecular biological techniques (southern, northern & western blotting, ELISA, ).
• Quantitative detection of proteins (post-translational modification), using radiolabeled amino acid incorporated into protein detection.
• Plasmid DNA isolation, and transformation of bacteria for preparation of transformation construct (vectors).
• Bacteria culturing, selection of transformed cells, maintenance of cultures.
• Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs)- detection by nucleic acids & protein-based methods.
• Field evaluation of transgenic plants for agronomically important traits.
Faculty of Agriculture
MSc. Studies (2001/2003)
Project title: In Vitro micro-tuberization of "Draja" and some introduced varieties of potato using plant tissue culture techniques. Faculty of Agriculture, Damascus University, Syria.
• Tissue culture and micro-grafting techniques.
• Meristem isolation and culture.
• Regeneration survey (evaluation of plant genotypes for response to tissue culture).
• Standardization plant tissue culture protocol.
• Genomic DNA/RNA isolation, quantification, and qualification.
• DNA markers for crop improvement (RAPD, AFLP, RFLP, SSR, SRAP, SCAR marker).
Qualifications & Certifications
Engineering & Molecular Biology
Graduate School of Life & Environmental Sciences, Osaka Prefecture University
Field of Crops
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more