I am a Horticulturist with a very strong operational experience both in Landscaping, Horticulture & gardening, I have a very Strong strategic planning skill, with high adaptability, I am also quite used to working within a multicultural environment
From April 2010
Horticulture Department Manager, in semi-arid to Mediterranean area (based in Amman, Jordan). Objective: create a Horticulture Department whose purpose is to manage all the private royal properties across Jordan as well as to fully develop high-standard private Royal Court gardens. In addition to extensive gardens development, created and developed high standard organic farming project, involving building new farms and converting old ones into ones with organic farming standards.
Overview of role and responsibilities:
- Led a diversified staff of more than 75 at any given time. Staff is at different levels of responsibility, form worker/laborer to supervisor, to technical lands development
- Sole responsible for annual appraisals of staff
- Team building, including conducting hiring interviews for the new staff
- Preparation of technical proposals and demonstrations related to new projects, including financial & costs analysis for same
- Programming, scheduling the execution of all the approved projects
- Supervised and helped in design and implementation of our own staff training program, with technical assistance of world-class national and international consultants, in different areas of vegetables and fruit plant production; plant protection; safety; machinery; organic farming; water and irrigation, etc.
- Results in management: Established a Horticulture Department to handle all the private royal sites across all of Jordan. Produced high-quality results under severe time constraints, while maintaining environmentally-friendly practices. Developed and implemented strategies in water reservation and soil reclamation, thus producing a savings of 30% of the yearly water consumption and, through efficient phasing out of the executed projects, cut of the Horticulture Department direct maintenance and running costs by 25% of the total budget, while increasing quality and range of gardens development.
Managing Site Engineer
Royal Agriculture Department, for Royal Court
January 2002 - October 2004
Head of Agriculture Division in a Middle East arid area.(based in Aqaba- south of Jordan) Objective: convert arid area to high-standard private Royal Court gardens, with incorporated beach and marina spaces.
• Managed staff of 60 at any given time, including technical landscape engineers and foremen.
• Sole responsible for materials procurement and logistics to ensure meeting time and quality targets to reclaim lands and convert them into world-standard private gardens.
• Technical applications included soft landscape and irrigation systems; pest control measures; outdoor sanitary works and beach cleaning and replenishment standards and systems.
Results: in two-year period, harnessed staff and budgetary resources to grass over 18,000 m2; plant over 3,000 trees of varied species, over half of which were palms; and establish 3,000m2 shaded nursery.
Results: created irrigation system for developed-lands maintenance, including special engineering application for a "water-harvesting" system of shallow wells connection to the irrigation system, together with the monitoring of quality of the harvested water, producing huge annual savings
Manager of Royal Court Horticulture Department
Hashimite Royal Court
Implemented land reclamation and water conservation projects. Started as a Managing Site Engineer, led a landscape crew of 100 people. Managed supplies and logistics and all grounds maintenance to ensure timely, quality-designed execution of multiple land areas development and landscaping projects for the Royal Court, as well as establishing high standard organic farms. Results: through carefull selection of, and negotiation with, diverse supply sources in Egypt, Syria, Italy, Spain and UK, as well as through proper sheduling for the execulted landscape projects, achieved savings of 50% in the total projects budget. 1996: start-up operations with a Japanese company, helped establishing all work processes, policies, procedures and manuals for all departments. Project leader of computerization project for producing a master development plan. Bi-lingual Arabic & English.
Computerization Project Coordinator
Nippon Jordan Fertilizer Company
November 1997 - April 2001
Key member of start-up operations team. Crucial support to hand-over of plant from project contractor.
-Responsible for establishing all work processes, policies, procedures and manuals, and filing systems for all departments.
-Project leader of computerization project. Results: produced master development plan.
Qualifications & Certifications
University of Jordan