Have been designing ornamental gardens for clients on the east end for over 20 years. I utilize a multitude of concepts and love to create with many textures, colors and orientations.
Estimator of jobs reviewing budgets and costs
Creative Environmental Design
March 2011 - November 2011
March - November, 2011
Associate working with owner on designs and installations.
• Estimator of jobs reviewing budgets and costs
• Liaison to vendors
• Purchaser of plant material
John Cowen Landscape Associates, Ltd
Small build and design business in North Haven, NY
Responsible for the following:
• Design Work; hand renderings, Vectorworks
• Adjusting plant schedules
• Site Work: measurements and elevations
• Estimator: new jobs, ongoing projects, maintenance items, plant material and other new proposals.
• Liaison to vendors.
• Purchaser of plant material.
• Foreman of a three-man crew; setting up daily operations and scheduling work through weekly monitoring of properties.
• Office manager and assistant to the owner for billing and other daily tasks.
• Designer of potted annuals for all clients.
Hampton Nursery and Landscape, Inc.
Spring and Summer 2004
Hired on to help with retail of garden center and designer for "walk-in" and "phone-in" customers. I was responsible for all aspects of prospective jobs. My commissioned work brought in 129,000 dollars of contracted work for the business in the spring.
Design, installation and maintenance of ornamental gardens.
Installation and maintenance of potted annuals.
L&D Landscape Garden Shop
1993-1995, 1997 - Eastland's Nursery and Farms, Water Mill, NY
Spielberg & Associates
Assistant to Landscape Architect
on private estate
to foreman, Tom Fazio Golf Course Design and Construction
Allowing for the clients strict budget and somewhat difficulty in understanding the cost of masonry work this project was completed with enough profit and substance to meet both the client's and my expectations.