Claim you profile
- Full time
- Part time
- One time
Health & Safety
April 2000 - October 2013
Reporting and investigating of accidents and near misses including notification submission to HSE, if appropriate. And ensuring provision of specific contract risk assessment method statements together with subsequent corrective actions and updates.
• Continuous improvement of compliance through audit and committee recommendations
• Implementation of Working Time Directive and subsequent monitoring
Management of a Heating and Ventilating Company
July 1995 - October 2013
with a 30,000 sq/ft manufacturing facility and an onsite installation section.
Responsible for the estimation, manufacture and contracting of the company on a nationwide basis in all sectors of the building environment within the building services division of the construction industry.
Jaguar Land Rover
• Increased the yearly turnover from £490K to £5.4 million by expansion of the company while increasing the workforce from 38 employees to 110 from 1995 to 2003
• Recognised as being one of the top companies in its field in the country for its professionalism, health & safety record and ability to complete major projects within the given time frames
• Nominated by Blue chip companies to contract there projects i.e. Jaguar Land Rover, Tesco, BAE and Ministry projects
• Selected as Chairman of the Heating and Ventilating Contractors Association for 2008 - 2010
July 1995 - October 2013
To accomplish obligations to clients on contracted projects and on a supply only basis within program to a gross value of £ 3.6 million annually. The implementing of an in house CAD-CAM facility encompassing supplies to be monitored and subsequently ordered, enabling the maintenance of specification standards, and in turn allowing all logistical elements to be pre-arranged.
• Implementation of Flow line development of workshop system to a 'JIT' logistical product
• Full CAD-CAM interaction between drawing office facility, procurement of materials and product manufacture
Estimating Apr 1981 - Oct 2013
Upon receipt of tender documentation evaluate suitability of contract with regard to program compatibility to current workload and ability to finance resources. Allocate enquiry to estimating team for their examination of specification and subsequent detailed data input. Analyse with estimators the bill of quantities of completed quotation, making any alterations to ensure accurate reflection of project conditions prior to authorisation for submission to the client. Negotiate with client and attend subsequent pre contract meetings to secure the contract.
• Securing turnover in line with company forecast by establishing a nominated circle of clients with weekly communication
• Established an estimating system that integrated with the CAD-CAM process allowing engineers to evaluate changes from tender to construction directly from a bill of quantities and implementing these to the client with monthly applications for payment
• Implementation of structured pay scale with grade increments providing continuous improvement incentive
our undertakings and assist
April 1986 - October 2013
Contracting Apr 1986 - Oct 2013
On receipt of an order relay information to the appropriate departments and select a team to convene with client to determine phasing of contract with regard to drawing office requirements, manufacturing and installation lead times, and overall labour requirements, to achieve co-ordination with the building program. Integration of new contract into the current work load without compromising existing projects requirements. Weekly project meetings adopted, reviewing progress analysis and financial reports as to the profitability of the project.
Monthly client feedback is effected, to reassure and retain confidence in our undertakings and assist in obtaining and securing any future contract information relevant to our projected work load.
• Maintaining client confidence within specification adherence whilst preserving quality performance and within program
• Always delivered a complete project on time and within budget whilst maintaining an excellent health and safety record and achieving satisfaction to the client
Cranworth Engineering Limited
April 1981 - October 2013
Qualifications & Certifications
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more