Claim you profile
July 2013 - June 2014
I have over 20 years experience in Hospitality Management. I am a highly motivated individual who is able to plan & prioritise work effectively. I am an approachable leader who can manage and motivate colleagues at all levels. I believe in the importance of effective multi skilled training and customer care skills are essential to deliver consistent high standards and customer satisfaction. I know that this can have a huge impact on service results as well as staff retention. I am an excellent team player who is able to communicate well at all levels, building good relationships within the workplace.
July 2013-June 2014 Renault Trucks, Dunstable, Bedfordshire (Unit closing due to relocation in Warwickshire)
Catered for prestigious events, Launches, Hospitality, Theme days, Trainees, internal and external customer's approx 360 on site. Because the company was being relocated, the contract catering company I worked for sent me out to do new contract openings and relief work. I spent 6 weeks at Eversfield Preparatory School in Solihull, supporting staff, set up induction and Health and Safety training. Support staff to achieve standard of catering for the customers.
Help set up new contract at Duncombe Primary School, London
Helped various other sites, holiday cover or sickness
From June 2013
Herts ( This position is casual at weekends, working during the week until I get a full time position)
Prepare cook 500 meals per day for Bvlgari Hotel staff as part of a cook chill system which would be delivered each morning
To freshly prepare Soup, Mains, Vegetarian, Sweet, Selection of salads to the highest standard. To supervise staff and high standards of hygiene and health and safety
Willows Farm Village
May 2008 - June 2013
St Albans Hertfordshire
An Award Winning visitor attraction approximately 500,000 visitors a year with 18,500 Annual members open all year round
• Daily management of the Farm Park operations
• Management of staff for all events and activities, managing staffing levels on a day to day basis
• Recruitment, induction and training of staff
• Monitor staff for appearance, appropriate behaviour, customer service and company knowledge
• Daily set up of admissions tills, cash/credit cards and promotional material. Cashing up and safe storage
• Opening and closing procedures for individual activities and site
• Deliver Health and Safety Training to all staff
• Slips, Trips and Falls, Manual Handling, Fire Evacuation and Zoonoses
• Operational Training of attractions and activities
• Implement and monitor customer service standards
• Interact with visitors to ensure the highest level of customer service. Resolving customer issues/complaints on site
• Ensure all company policies are complied with at all times and appropriate company documentation is completed
• Attend Managers meetings
• Liaise with outside contractors and inspectors regarding annual inspections, certificates, fire safety, servicing equipment and maintenance
• Ability to manage high volume visitors at peak times to ensure an excellent customer experience and commercial success
Lawrence's Bistro and Outside Events
Up to September 2012
* Fifty cover restaurant, outside events and functions
* Excellent reputation for fresh food, locally sourced
* Service delivery from one to four thousand customers
* Employ, train and motivate staff full time and casual
* Ensure effective interaction with customers to gain feedback and customer satisfaction.
* Daily business management includes marketing, business planning, and accountancy, staffing, purchasing and service delivery.
* Open seven days a week. 5 star hygiene rating
From December 1999
* Responsible for diverse hospitality for two large campuses, multi venues
* Extensive business, residential and commercial
* Oversee ninety staff, employment, training, appraisal and retention
* Management of business, extensive weddings approximately 50 per year, corporate conferences, open day (5,000) three-day events.
* Setting of three year Business Plan
* Budgets and business forecasting
* Chair departmental meetings and attend all college meetings
Compliance with all college standards and procedures, codes of practice and Ofsted inspections.
Hotel Services Manager
College of Further Education Leicestershire
Catering Manager Sutcliffe Catering
Toyota UK Derby
* Responsible for 24 hour operation 3 restaurants each 500 covers.
* English and Japanese cuisine, private dining and functions.
* My role was to liase with the Toyota client and staff to ensure a very high customer satisfaction was achieved
* Staff training, induction, work rotas, appraisal and team briefings.
* Service delivery, ordering and purchasing, budgets and finance.
* Stock control & security procedures
* Attend management meetings, staff meetings and company meetings.
I was awarded by Environmental Health the Heart Beat Award for healthy eating.
* Restaurant and functions catering up to 350 covers
* Extensive menu all fresh food locally sourced
* Responsible for large brigade of 10 full time staff plus casuals.
* Control of menu planning, stock control, budgets, staffing and staff training.
* Active role in training three students. Letter of achievement from Hospitality Training Board. Staff recruitment, training & assessment.
* Within same company worked for 18 months setting up new purchased premises in Scarborough, Redcar, Whitby and Newbiggin, establishing a themed chain. Totally responsible for Kitchen and restaurant planning,
Relief Catering Manager
* To work as a manager in each unit.
* Supervise staff, training, and rotas.
* Purchasing, stock control, health and safety, food hygiene
* Spot-check auditing cash, goods and stock.
Trust House Forte Hotels
* Employed at various hotels as part of Trust House Forte training programme after leaving school.
* Food preparation and service, food hygiene, health and safety
* Brilliant start to career enjoyed all aspects of the industry.
Qualifications & Certifications
City & Guilds
Hotel Catering Institute Management Association
City and Guilds
Cowes High School
City and Guilds
The Royal Institute of Public Health
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more