Since March 1993 I have been fortunate to have worked in a wide variety of industries accumulating and host of specialised skills. Having successfully undertaken a number of unique design and manufacturing tasks over the years, such as the design and manufacture of the aluminium VW Polo Racing Radiator for Volkswagen Motor Sport South Africa, a wide variety of innovative component designs for the automotive industry, a host of critical aircraft components, Optical lens surfacing machines, pie & pastry machine innovations, furniture designs and much more.
Being artistic by nature, a semi professional photographer doing my own film and print processing since the young age of 10 as well as a love for engineering has developed a keen 3rd eye for design. These skills today I believe have been instrumental in my proficient abilities as an inventor/designer and manufacturer.
Inventor / Mechanical Engineer
Comprehensive design and manufacture in all mechanical disciplines
Pie Designs & Solutions
January 2003 - January 2003
Your single source for pie machines, bakery equipment and all catering equipment for profit hungry enterprises. We provide complete comprehensive solutions for the global pie manufacturing, baking and catering industries. We can even take care of all your packaging needs.
At Pie Designs and Solutions we specialize in the design and manufacture of pie making equipment, additionally we can supply your entire bakery, catering equipment and all your packaging needs.
Our solutions are guaranteed to up your net profits by at least 100% and more, by streamlining your manufacturing processes and reducing your costs.
Making your pastry, and pie manufacturing a breeze. Ever thought that there has to be a better, simpler way of doing things, in particularly making pies?
There most certainly is. We believe in simplicity, working smarter and not harder. We have many years of experience in the aeronautical, automotive, optical and food industries to mention but a few, as well as extensive knowledge of pie manufacturing and all that is related. By combining our experiences and being dedicated in finding and creating solutions, we have been able to revolutionise the way pies are made forever.
Pie production cannot get any simpler, cheaper or more profitable.
Fusion Design & Technologies
January 2003 - January 2003
Metals and Metallurgical Restoration, Precision Fabrication, Precision Machining. Mechanical, Industrial, Décor, Machine and Component Design Specialists
We've built our business on doing what most others don't.
We truly are Your One Stop Shop. As many of our customers have said, which has birthed the catchphrase and become our claim to fame, "If Fusion Design & Technologies can't do it, then no one can." Yes, we really are that good!
Save money on costly replacement or re manufacture by restoring valuable damaged or rare parts. Anything from,
* fuel tanks
* inter coolers
* bell housings
* manifolds & radiators
* any precision assemblies
* damaged injection mold tools
* press tooling
* hardened or not, in fact practically anything.
What makes us so unique?
Our tremendous versatility. Our in depth knowledge and expertise as well as our wide range of skills. In design, manufacturing, mechanics, machining, processes, metallurgy, weld procedures, sculpture, photography and the arts.
With a vast background and exposure to the aircraft, marine, automotive, optical, medical, food and beverage, dairy, baking, architectural, packaging, signage, spinning/clothing, mining, tyre, cement, sports and décor industries we have developed unique combinations of knowledge and perfected skill.
The depth of our materials knowledge & the solid knowing of why and how metals themselves were designed, enables us to skillfully weld materials together to the highest of standards. Also to manipulate metals, their structures and alloys; This unique skill enables us to restore almost any metal components.
Skilled in Tig, Mig, Arc and purge welding. We can weld aluminium's from as thin as 0,35mm upwards.
* Steels and Special Steels
* Stainless Steels
* Cast Irons
* more, and almost everything in between
Aluminium Engineering Works
May 1995 - December 2002
PRECISION AND GENERAL MACHINING
FABRICATION & SPECIALISED WELDING & DESIGN
* Manufacture & design of hydraulic and pneumatic cylinders and various hydraulic components
* Manufacture of screw conveyors up to 6m in length
* Manufacture of stainless steel feed hoppers
* Manufacture of large aluminium robotic fixtures for Nissan Argentina & South Africa's Automotive Industries
* Manufacture & repairs of laboratory equipment for Pretoria Portland Cement
* Manufacture & redesign of machinery & components for the optical industry - increased fault-free running from from 6 months to 2 years plus by inventing & manufacturing unique technologies
* Manufacture of high speed spindles and pump shafts supplied with test certificates
* Manufacture of seals in a variety of types and materials
* Manufacture of spur gears and external splines
* Manufacture of various parts for the marine industry including large aluminium ship seals to yacht mast, repairs and modifications and various aluminium fabricated products such as large aluminium deck hatches.
* Manufacture & design of various precision components and assemblies for private aviation industry
* Manufacture of axial front sub assemblies for the private motor racing industry
* Manufacture of carburettor needles for private super bike refurbishes as well as a variety of associated machined components
* Manufacture of a variety of precision jigs and fixtures
* Extensive mechanical design including critical aircraft components in aluminium's & specialised steels
CYCO Precision Products
March 1993 - November 1995
Design and manufacture of custom high end racing aluminium bicyle components fro mountain, road, tandem & track bicycles.
* Design and manufacture of front and rear hubs, seat posts, bar ends, suspension braces, anti-chain suck tools, aluminium, steel and chrome molly frame repairs.
* Commissioned to develope a frictionlesshigh speed hub set for the breaking of the South African under 17 Pursuit Record attempt which had been unbroken for more than 10 years. The record was broken using the hubs designed and manufactured by myself.
Sponsored the SA Mountain Bike Senior Champion - Ashley Nesbitt - with high-speeed hub set. Ashley went on to win the Canadian World Championship on our hubs designed and manufactured by us. These patented hubs were known and proven to be the lightest, strongest, most rigid and fastest hubs in the world at the time, as published in the SA Tri-Cycling Magazine 1995.
Designed and manufactured bicycle components for my own bicycle which enabled me to win the SA National Downhill.
Apprentice Fitter & Turner/Machinest
Pretoria Portland Cement Company
February 1990 - January 1993
Qualified 1st Class 1 year and 3 months ahead of schedule. First to achieve this in the company.
After I qualified I invested in a small metal lathe and started out as an entrepreneur in the engineering field
South African Military College
July 1988 - December 1989
Military Photographer which included all processing and layout. Also graphic design
1 South African Infantry Battalion
February 1988 - July 1988
Served in the South African Defence Force for 2years. Trained at 1SA Infantry Battalion and progressed to rank of Lance Corporal.
January 1986 - December 1987
Specialized in black and white fashion photography. Commissioned to cover numerous events, model shoots and fashion shows.
Ended up leaving for my military service.
Qualifications & Certifications
Newton Technical High
National 3 Mechanical
Port Elizabeth Technical High