To whom it may concern.
I’m writing in response to your recent advert for the Forklift Operator’s position. I have over 7 years’ experience in the logistics and retail industries in Forklift Operator roles. In addition, I have spent 15+ years as a Painter Decorator, and started my career as a Head Chef, catering 1,000 meals daily.
Complementing my work history I have always maintained a strong focus on personal development. I maintain a current LF Class Forklift License, which permits high risk work, and I am in the process of applying for a White Card. I possess full working rights in Australia and carry a valid Australian driver’s license, as well as my own vehicle.
My recent experience as Forklift Operator for Kagans Logistics included leading a team of 6 workers in stock loading and unloading work for Woolworths. I was entrusted with supervising warehouse operations in the Manager’s absence within a short time of joining, and handled over 300 pallets per day on large MES Deck trucks over a 12-hour shift. I have often used Reach trucks for high reach picking and effectively managed risk while handling dangerous goods.
I believe my key strengths are my reliability and very low level of absenteeism. In addition I have been promoted to leadership positions regularly due to my gift for delegating work and having it achieved on time and to high standards by the crew. I am loyal to employers, extremely safety-conscious and very comfortable with working unsupervised.
I’ve been selective in my approach to employment opportunities thus far and I have to say your advertisement caught my eye as it’s not only a good match for the direction I’d like to take my career but it’s also a great match with my existing skill set.
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with me should you have any questions about my experience or resume. I’d very much appreciate the opportunity to come in and discuss the role with you further.
Thanks for taking the time to read through my applicatio
• Loaded and unloaded 300+ pallets per day over a 12 hour shift for the client, Woolworths.
• Acted as relief Manager in the absence of the Manager from site, supervising 6 staff on a regular basis.
• Worked with oversized freight, including large MES Deck trucks with doubled holding capacity.
• Transferred and checked-in stock into and out of bays, regularly performing high reach picking with a Reach truck.
• Maintained accurate records of orders on the internal computer system and checked emails to ensure timely picking and packing.
Otley & Co. Ltd
• Managed residential painting and decorating projects from the planning stage to completion of work with a team of three staff members.
• Assisted customers in selecting colours and advised on coatings and applications, including spray texturing, novelty decorative effects, surface gilding, multi-colour finishes, urethanes, metallised coatings and dipping.
• Mixed and thinned paint to obtain desired colour and texture; prepared surfaces through drywall taping, patching, scraping, and sanding.
• Estimated cost, time and resources for projects, documented financials and applied paint using equipment such as brushes, rollers and sprayers.
• Achieved 40% conversion on quotes, against industry averages of 5%.
• Handled hazardous materials with full adherence to health and safety regulations.
Reach Forklift Operator / Painter Decorator
F. Smith Investments Ltd
• Maintained efficient flow of products through safe forklift operation; utilised a Reach truck for high reach picking.
• Organised the transport of materials between loading, unloading, processing and storage areas, often supervising 3 staff in this process.
• Organised and secured materials and performed routine pre and post inspections on forklift equipment to ensure top-notch condition.
• Manually loaded or unloaded materials, including hazardous goods, onto or off pallets, skids, platforms, or lifting devices.
• Consulted with managers, supervisors, employees, and equipment manufacturers to coordinate loading and unloading operations.
• Managed projects within high-pressure time constraints in coordination with the Director, while maintaining work quality.
• Liaised with Director of company to determine suitable colour schemes and paints for interior and exterior jobs.
• Painted walls, overpass and buildings using spray gun, brushes and rollers.
• Refinished fixtures and furniture such as chairs, benches and tables.
• Protected surfaces for the duration of painting by covering with appropriate fillers and applying waterproofing and weather paints.
• Repaired walls by means of fillers to close holes and cracks.
PK Decorators, New Zealand
• Performed skilled painting and plastering work. Prepared surfaces for painting and applied paint to interior and exterior structures, furniture and equipment with a 5-member crew.
• Mentored and developed staff, encouraging peak performance and productivity.
• Washed, scraped, burnt and sandpapered surfaces in preparation for painting; puttied slight defects in woodwork; and patched holes in walls.
• Erected scaffolding; and cleaned paint brushes, rollers, spray guns and other equipment used in the painting process.
• Achieved high rates of conversion on quotes to prospective customers.
• Maintained control of inventory as well as quality of finished products, ensuring full customer satisfaction.
• Coordinated closely with customers, selecting colours and providing cost estimates.
• Managed the safe handling of dangerous goods with full compliance with health and safety procedures.
Truck and Front End Loader Operator/ Labourer
• Lifted and transported bulk materials to and from storage or processing areas to feed conveyors, hoppers, or chutes, and to waiting trucks.
• Carried out routine maintenance on loaders such as lubricating, fuelling and cleaning.
• Checked machinery daily before use, ensuring that water was pumped up and there was no leakage on hoses used for hydraulic lifts.
• Assumed full responsibility for OH&S, especially when working with dangerous goods.
• Operated basic hand tools such as saws, shovels and rakes, as well as power tools including lawn mowers, brush cutters and blowers.
• Performed preventative maintenance and minor repairs to equipment and trucks according to established schedules.
• Disposed of garbage and hazardous materials according to set Dangerous Goods policies and procedures.
• Received, unloaded, stored and stacked materials delivered to site.
• Assisted in laying and cleaning drainage and service pipes; also supported the laying of kerbs, paving and filling materials.
• Utilised hand power tools for drilling, demolitions, cutting and chasing.
• Provided manual labour assistance on various tasks and assignments, including jobs for the client Wellington Zoo.
Henderson Painters, New Zealand
Porirua Psychiatric Hospital
Qualifications & Certifications
titahi bay intermediate
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more