Claim you profile
Strategic, innovative PMO Manager experienced in both general and IT settings, designing and implementing plans and processes enhancing efficiency and profitability across multiple areas. Master NLP Practitioner and dynamic communicator, mentor and trainer able to support, challenge and inspire colleagues and diverse stakeholders working together to achieve ambitious organisational goals. Holding multiple master’s degrees, complemented by extensive technical knowledge and certifications, such as Prince 2 and Six Sigma.
Programme Management • Change and Configuration Management
Waterfall • Agile • Analytics • MBR & QPR • Financial Management
Team Building • Training • Coaching • Mentoring • Best Practices
Performance Reporting • Relationship Building
PMO Manager with over 20 years’ professional experience. This includes working and partnering with major Blue Chip Organisations including the likes of Centrica, British Gas, and working directly with Macquarie Bank Limited. Possessing a track record of managing complex portfolios consisting of over 100 projects with a combined value of over £550 million. Furthermore have successfully established a number PMO’s for Centrica managing over 50 projects valued at over £180m.
Centrica (British Gas)
September 2009 - September 2009
CENTRICA, Staines, • 2006-2011
An FTSE 100 company, the parent of British Gas provides energy services to commercial and domestic customers throughout the UK.
PMO Manager, Smart Metering Programme • 2009-2011
Spearheaded team of 5 project managers administering portfolio of 57 projects worth about £180M, using both Agile and Waterfall methodologies. Delivered comprehensive Smart Metering implementation plans combining 3 programmes across 2 directorates.
• Successfully advocated for and established PMO to facilitate attainment of multiple strategic corporate objectives.
• Trained project managers in marketing, technology, and operations to facilitate plan development and milestone tracking.
• Implemented innovative internet-based team reporting applications.
• Designed and executed interactive auditable process integrating metering and portfolio change requests.
• Received “Exceptional” status on latest annual performance review.
January 2009 - January 2009
Setting up a PMO in Group IS shared Services. All repoting tools and processes. I also have responsibility for developing 3rd party (£50m) reporting tools, processes, and relationships between Centrica and the 3rd party transformation PMO.
Group IS Performance and Compliance Analyst • 2007-2008
January 2007 - January 2008
Delivered monthly and quarterly reports to Group Chief Information Officer. Developed data collection and monitoring tools to inform senior managers of performance against KPIs and SLAs in multiple areas from project budgets to HR functions and vendor relationships.
• Initiated group project saving £1.5M annually by correcting inefficient call centre system sign on processes.
Business Analyst, Business Development and Strategic Projects
January 2006 - January 2007
Researched, analysed and developed options for national roll out of comprehensive cost reduction process in areas including sales, financials, performance, and customer service. Engaged senior managers and department heads to solicit feedback and ensure project buy-in.
• Increased operational profit of service and repair directorate by 1.7% by developing and implementing strategies enhancing operational efficiency.
IS Project Management Office Analyst • 2009
June 2005 - November 2007
IS Project Management Office Analyst • 2009
Established and managed PMO for Group Services department providing IT support across all Centrica directorates. Developed reporting function tracking KPIs and project milestones, and coached managers on new functions.
• Designed comprehensive reporting suite for project managers including templates for RAID, Quality Gate Management, Resource Management, KPI and Performance Reporting.
• Identified quality gaps and brokered adaptation of reporting tools across joint stakeholder group as Liaison Manager for cross-organisational Group Transformation IS Programme.
Portfolio Intercept Analyst
ICT Intercept Analyst Ministry of Justice London (MoJ) Apr 2012 – Nov 2012 (Contract)
• A senior post – sitting between portfolio and programme. MoJ ICT is undertaking one of the top 5 largest and most complex transformation programmes in Europe (Ref Gartner consulting).
• The Programme aims to deliver a £135m p.a. reduction in MoJ ICT operating costs through the design and transformation and implementation of a new ICT Operating Model.
• Responsible for approx 100 projects within National Offender Management Service- assessing each project for their operational and financial impact on the transformation programme.
• All areas are covered under the official secrets act, however I can say that (in Oct-Nov/12) a couple of these projects hit the national news headlines, describing the future of some methods of offender management.
• Reviewing and interpreting the Business Cases of in excess of 100 in-flight and future projects, indicating lead and secondary impacts throughout a complex programme structure.
• Mitigating impacts, where appropriate, and leading in formal multidisciplinary assessment reviews attended by hosting, network, IT security, End User Computing, Support and Transition tower leads.
• The post required consistent and sensitive stakeholder management, in a highly political environment, including information gathering and challenging at both project and senior management levels (up to director).
• Reason for leaving- intercept team changed strategic direction to a more IT technical based expertise.
Qualifications & Certifications
The Open University
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more