Claim you profile
Police Physical Training Instructor
* Seconded into Met Police Protection Unit (SO1) for the 2012 Olympics, providing close protection to Royal Family members, Government Officials and Foreign Heads of State.
* Liaised and worked with close protection officers of private security firms to ensure communication between SO1 and security arrangements for VIPs / celebrities.
* Worked on the team providing round the clock protection to one of the delegates at the G8 summit at Lough Erne, Northern Ireland 2013.
* Analysed itineraries, performed venue reconnaissance, identified potential risks and planned transport routes with (back-up / contingencies) to mitigate any security risks.
Police Physical Training Instructor
* Design and deliver training packages for new recruits, serving section officers and specialist officers in all aspects of personal safety including use of force, conflict management, first aid, personal protection, methods of fitness and equipment (cuffs, batons, CS gas etc).
* Provide training on self-defence techniques including H2H combat, take-downs, weapon retention, restraints, striking and blocking (using combat systems such as Krav Maga).
First Aid Officer
* Completed FPOS and AFO Enhanced Level First Aid Training as per NPIA D13. This training is based on trauma victims and includes respiration and airway management, defibrillation, oxygen therapy, tourniquets and use of Oro- and Naso pharyngeal airways.
* Manage many First Aid calls, often as first on scene for Road Traffic Accidents or suicides / attempted suicides (high trauma events).
* Assess safety and triage at scenes but also treat serious life threatening injuries including catastrophic bleed, crush injuries and a host of other medical emergencies including heart attack, stroke, diabetes and treatment of an unconscious patient.
* 10 years advanced driving experience including high powered and armoured vehicles. Received extensive close protection and anti-ambush training.
PC - Armed Response Unit / Physical Trainer
From September 1997
* Recruited as Police Constable and after 3 years, moved into Police Firearms. Due to PT experience within Royal Navy, additionally responsible for physical training across the force.
* Completed additional training to become a designated VIP Protection Officer to risk asses, plan and execute close protection arrangements for VIP's e.g. Royal Family and MPs.
* Also completed training to become a designated Dynamic Intervention Officer for hostage situations and incidents requiring dynamic entry (to rescue hostages from sieges).
Close Protection & Armed Response
* The ARV Officer protects the public by planning and responding to spontaneous and pre planned firearms incidents and involves extensive operational use of weapons such as Glock 17 pistols, SIG Commando carbine rifles, H&K MP5, tasers, batons and CS gas.
* As Close Protection Officer, provide close protection to VIPs who visit the Derbyshire area such as members of the Royal Family, Government officials and others deemed to be at risk.
* Both roles involve additional qualifications / training and many hours of operational exposure to specialist subjects (tactical measure and shooting).
Dynamic Intervention / Entry Officer
* The DI / DE Officer role operates within a team of specially trained Officers who dynamically enter structures (buildings and vehicles) to rescue hostages and arrest subjects.
* Received extensive training on specialist entry tactics, weaponry, munitions, pyrotechnics and negotiation techniques in order to tackle siege or hostage situations.
Petty Officer (Senior NCO)
The Royal Navy
July 1972 - December 1996
* Managed a team of 12 Physical Training Instructors to produce and deliver a physical training curriculum / programme for naval recruits.
* Based upon a Navy warship, worked on the bridge as a Special Sea Duties Quartermaster which included supervision of ratings assigned to bridge duties.
* Completed security detail when in harbour which included i/c of the ships firefighting teams, overseeing weapon change-overs and managing entry / exit to the ship by crew and visitors.
Qualifications & Training:
Qualifications & Certifications
Royal Navy School of Leadership and Management
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more