Claim you profile
Lead Youth Worker Kidderminster District Youth Trust
From March 2013
• Manage and supervise staff, building, and programmes and safeguard young people.
• Manage and run evening youth centre and detached sessions
• Delegate and timetable staff roles
• Administrative roles to highlight KPI's being meet and complete quarterly reports to funders
• Meet contractual requirements funding to work with 13+ however due to the need additional funding has been secured to work with younger age range.
parents/families and schools
From August 2012
Job title: Early Intervention Targeted Youth Worker Gypsy Roma Traveller Education Team Worcestershire County Council
• To work directly with GRT young people to enhance their personal development and social education by assisting in the provision of a range of accredited programmes/positive activities.
• To establish and build relationships with GRT young people in order to design and deliver programmes of positive activities that will contribute to meeting the identified needs of service and young people
• Liaise with external agencies, parents/families and schools.
• Reduce exclusions
• To encourage, motivate and support staff and volunteers.
• To challenge and address incidents of racism towards GRT families
• To support and direct staff including volunteers
Assistant Youth Worker
Worcestershire County Council
April 2012 - January 2013
• Promote the personal, educational and social development of young people aged between 11 and 19.
• Run programmes which aim to engage young people, redress inequalities, value opinions and empower individuals to take action on issues affecting their lives, including health, education, unemployment and the environment, by developing positive skills and attitudes.
• Aim to help young people achieve the aims and outcomes of the government guidelines contained in Every Child Matters.
07 December 2009- On-going, Nacro Job Title: Foundation Learning Trainer
• Interviewing and conducting initial assessments on new learners
• Using information gained from assessments to create a realistic learning and support plan
• Encouraging, motivating and support learners throughout their programme
• To deliver personal and social development, vocational and functional skills to learners.
• Maintain up to date records and record all progress made by learner
• To assess the work completed and provide feedback to the service users
• Membership of IFL
• Progress each individual learner onto their chosen suitable avenue, provide IAG throughout.
Substance Misuse Detached Youth Worker
Worcestershire County Council
• To work with targeted groups of young people affected or influenced by substance misuse.
• To deliver substance misuse interventions with large numbers of young people who congregate in parks, street corners, shops etc.
• Liaise with external agencies such as the police, youth service and SPACE.
• Screen young people who need further support and intervention.
• To work with young people, families and local communities to ensure they are empowered and informed in relation to the potential harm and effects of substance misuse.
From October 2009
• To work directly with young people undertaking various interventions and activities as part of specific Court Orders and Restorative Justice process.
• To work directly with young people on general support issues, as agreed by a YOS Officer.
• To assist in working to prevent offending by children and young people
Hallam Volunteering, Volunteer
• Empowering children to make informed decisions by giving them the opportunity to learn about substances such as tobacco, alcohol and solvents in a safe environment.
• Partnership work with SHED who trained us as volunteers to provide this advice within year 6 classes in a local primary schools in Sheffield.
Thorns Cross YOI
Mentor and befriend young offenders who are serving a custodial sentence
• Meet on a one to one support basis and liaise with new bridge staff
• Ensure young offenders had no problems whilst on their community placements
Cook, waitress and bar maid
• Responsible for the running of the kitchen, ensuring all food delivered to a high standard
• Ensuring overall customer satisfaction
• Delegating roles to other appropriate team members Interaction with the general public
Qualifications & Certifications
Assessing vocational achievement
Law and Criminology
Sheffield Hallam University
Hagley RC High School
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more