- Full time
- Part time
- One time
Shift Team Leader Mechanical
Fiji Sugar Corporation Limited
From August 2010
During crushing season
• Overall in charge of the factory including all operational hands and plants.
• Supervision is an important aspect with a total number of around 40 personnel on shift.
• Monitor individual plant performances; check on areas that need attention, check on the process end and liaise closely with the Shift Chemist on any matter of concern.
• Attend to any plant breakdown giving decisions and directions to the shift fitters, shift welders, plumbers, and riggers on what course of action to take.
During maintenance season
• Generally a station is allocated to a shift engineer during maintenance season to oversee all maintenance work.
• Generally in charge of one stations all year round.
• Normally on day work and plan the day to day activities of the Stations.
• Responsible for all plants, its availability and reliability.
• Ensure that all plants are operating efficiently.
• Supervise any maintenance work that is carried out together with new installations, capital inputs, preparation of cost reports, progress of work reports, work orders, work schedules, shutdown planning, filtering of work orders, and authorization of any purchase to the station.
• Prepare spares, order for stock requirements, follow up on orders, work orders, and verify costs that have been charged to the station.
• In all ensure that the company policy, procedures and practices are followed.
Power House Engineer
November 2010 - June 2012
• Overall in charge of the boilers, normally on an eight hour shift, 44 hours per week.
• In charge of the overall maintenance of the steam turbines and all associated works in these machines
• dismantling and inspections of the pumps and gearboxes
• supervise work on multi stage boiler feed water pumps
• supervise maintenance work of the conveyor systems
• Maintenance works includes the forced draft fans, induced draft fans, oil firing fans, and oil burner cooling fans
• Inspection of brickworks and maintenance
• Inspection of furnace works and maintenance
• Cleaning of the boiler internals such as steam and mud drums
• Cleaning, dismantle and assembling of the internal baffles
• Cleaning of the boiler tubes (brushing)
• Servicing of the boiler main stop valves, relief valves, gauge glasses, steam traps, deaerator valves, etc
• Replacement of boiler tubes
• Removal of Air heater tubes, deflector plates and completely repair of dust collecting area
• Plugging of leaking tubes if cannot be replaced due to its location
• General cleaning of ash build up in the flue gas path
• Replacing and splicing of new conveyor belts
• General servicing of plants and machinery
• Diesel Generator - in charge of the operations and maintenance of the diesel generator which is used as a back up power supply unit for the factory.
• In charge of servicing of the engine which includes supervision of tradesman
• Air Compressors - in charge of maintenance and general up keep of the plant
• 3MW Turbo generator - in charge of the operations and supervision of tradesman working on the turbines, gearboxes and generators
Trainee Mechanical Engineer/Acting Shift Engineer
Fiji Sugar Corporation Limited
February 2008 - August 2010
Maintenance season - Process Engineer - Evaporator Station
In charge of the overall maintenance works and manning in this station. Prepare Gant chart or maintenance work for the station. This includes supervising personal in:
• Brushing; cleaning and flushing of vessels and its internals
• Overhauling and servicing of injection water pumps
• Overhauling and servicing of voiding pumps; vacuum pumps; injection water pumps; etc
• Servicing of all associated valves
• welding works on pipes around the station
• Thickness testing and laser alignment of all drives
• Pressure testing vessels
• Checking of noxious lines; condensate lines; vapor lines; etc
• Structural testing
Condition Monitoring Technician
Fiji Sugar Corporation Limited
July 2005 - February 2008
• I undergo training with the Condition Monitoring Department Australia
• Overall monitoring and thorough inspections of the whole plant in the factory
• It involves taking vibration readings or measurement of a plant, interpreting its vibration data and preparing a report to supervisors on possible faults to work on • Apart from vibration analysis this department also deals with oil sampling analysis and reporting; laser alignment works; motor circuit testing; thickness testing; balancing and post overhauling reporting or root cause analysis reporting.
• Working closely with fitters or tradesman during maintenance season in overhauling plants and finding the root cause of problems
Mechanical Technician Apprentice
Fitting and Machining
July 2000 - July 2005
• Knowledge of personal safety (clothing in good condition, avoidance of jewelry, removal of loose clothing, no long hair, eye protection, foot wear, avoidance of toxic fumes)
• Knowledge of manual lifting
• Knowledge of general behavior in the workplace. Carry out tasks in a safe manner with regards to own and others safety. Accept advice & instruction from superiors and supervisors.
• Knowledge of usage of hand tools, hazards associated with them and applying correct techniques when using them.
• Knowledge of first aid.
• Ensure good house keeping is maintained on the machines, the tools and in the immediate vicinity of the machine.
• Lubrication systems, types of lubricants, methods of usage.
• Types of seals (gaskets, packing), their making and fittings.
• Stripping and repacking of pump glands
• Flanges (high pressure, low pressure, types of gaskets used, alignments, removing and fitting methods, and safety methods used)
• Keyed fittings (their types, practice of fitting keys, maintaining tolerances & square in keys)
• Plain bearings (their installation, clearances and lubrication methods)
• Antifriction bearings (their clearances, lubrication, fitting and removal practices)
• Pumps (their types, terminology, coupling installation, routine maintenance procedures, lubrication, inspection methods, alignments, installation of pulleys, belts & chains, dismantling, assembling, identifying wears on bearings shafts & sleeves, correct installation of seals, usage of correct tools.)
• Gearboxes (their types, terminology, coupling installation, routine maintenance procedures, lubrication, inspection methods, alignments, installation of pulleys, belts, dismantling, assembling, identifying wears on bearings shafts & gears, correct installation of seals, usage of correct tools.)
• Gear drives and hydraulics.
• Safe working practices and hazards.
• Measurements taken by vernier calipers and micrometers; dial...
Qualifications & Certifications
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more