Claim you profile
HR Business Partner
From March 2012
(Ship & Shore)
Carnival Corporation & plc. is a British-American-Panamanian global cruise company, and the world's largest cruise ship operator. Running eleven ships across two brands (P&O and Cunard). I was responsible for the two largest ships in the fleet (Azura & Ventura) within a Business Partner capacity working on an international basis, holding an average of 1250 crew on each ship.
• Managed a team of four. Coached and influenced the Senior Management Team and work within management to translate business needs and Ships targets into a clear HR agenda resulting in:
Staff Turnover (-2.1%), Onboard revenue (+6.1%), Customer Satisfaction (+4.9%). *As of December 2012*
• Co. Plan Ships yearly business plan with a focus in HR requirements encompassing standardisation, organisational change and development, resourcing, reward and recognition, performance management, talent management, succession planning, and learning and development
• Monitor the effectiveness of local HR delivery and identify potential improvements; develop solutions inline with best practice within UK and International employment law practices
• Ensure business unit compliance with group policy and act as a project manager responsible for change plans and implementations. (As below)
Key Project Areas:
o Design & Implementation of Hotel Operations Transformation (HOT), covering standardisation across the fleet - Communications, Induction/Orientation, Best Practices, & Progression Planning
o Restructure of Promotions Waiting List to mirror Appraisals & L&D
o Delivery & Post Analysis Of Enabling Leadership Programs
o Technical Transformation Project - Devising a stronger and flexible service level agreement for the fleet in reduction of water consumption. Targeted at 211.7 Ltrs, per person on board. Achieved 121.2 (-42.8%)
o Adjustments in Technical departments Terms and conditions, working time directives, and service level functions
Ship & Shore
o Consultation and...
August 2011 - March 2012
Regional HR Manager
Porter HR is a Human Resources specialist consultancy providing bespoke and sustainable solutions to new, growing and established businesses within the UK. Working across several sectors and organisations I continually worked within a Director capacity with clients to develop strategies and services to suit each client's specific requirements, shaping and supporting the HR strategy in all areas of the business to ensure personal goals and organisational objectives are met.
• Complete full 360 service in a consultive capacity for six separate business units from Media, Creative, B2B, Financial, Government, and Retail/Hospitality environments; ranging from individual units to national multi sites for restaurant chains
• Implementation & delivery of full change management including restructure, redundancy, and process mapping to align culture to business needs
• Held responsibility for direct employment agenda, performance enhancement strategy, complex ER case management and supervisory of Regional HR Advisors.
• Design & Delivery of all company training materials
• Devised complete HR/ER structure for 'Green Field' sites
• Implemented new contracts & Employee Handbooks to bring the company within UK laws and policies
Key Project Areas:
B2B, & Professional Services
o Partner a division with circa 500 employees from SME populations including risk, finance, Manning structure, redundancy, sourcing & group change management
o Devised a integration project for a Government Housing Provider which affected six separate business units including restructure, redundancy, TUPE and process mapping to align culture for employees
o Completed five new restaurant openings (Complete HR/ER set-up) with responsibility in Resourcing, induction, manning, and H&S
o Increased Customer spend by 3.8% (Average) using up-sell initiatives and training across all sites
o Played a strategic role in supporting the Head of HR with a regional remit covering 6 offices...
HR Business Partner
March 2010 - June 2011
Supply Group is a national recruitment agency supplying temporary staff to clients within the hospitality environment. Founded in 2008 I worked within a stand alone capacity to implement a simple HR structure from a complete 'Green Field' site that would protect the brand but also support the ever-growing business.
• Held direct responsibility for the employment agenda, performance enhancement/management
• Increased companies casual staff retention rate from 27% to 63.5%
• Delivered staff reward program and organizational change management projects
• Designed the L&D Plan for all departments: Food &Beverage, Housekeeping, Front Of House, and Kitchen
• Developed cross training and exposure throughout group
• Succession planning with design & delivery of 9 Box Grid System
• Monitoring the effectiveness of local HR delivery, identifying opportunities for improvement and developing solutions in line with current best practice.
Cluster HR Director
Hilton Hotel Corporation
January 2008 - March 2010
HR/Change Business Partner
Hilton Hotels & Resorts is an international chain of full service hotels and resorts, it is the flagship brand of Hilton Worldwide with over 530 Hilton branded hotels across the world in 78 countries across six continents. Working within the North West Cluster I was responsible for the Hilton at Manchester Airport and Manchester Deansgate, with a combined employee base of around 600, managing a team of five and a direct report into the Cluster HR Director.
• Covering full HR life cycle, initiation and development of startup function and structure from development of team to policy and procedures
• Complete Organisational Development within North Region for Hotels Structure and Processes with aim to 'flex' employee group and reduce payroll
• Coached/Supported GM and Directors regarding possible issues, covering ER case management and managed dept. budget
• Designed & Delivered (Nationwide) Leadership Development Programs
• Processed all Long Term Sick employees saving company £136,000 in redundancy
• Developed a National resourcing plan to promote and encourage progression & development from within • Delivered full cycle of Organisational Change, Redeployment Redundancy throughout four sites
• Achieved 100% pass HRWD (How are we doing) internal employee questionnaire for HR department
• 3rd highest rating hotel in Europe for customer loyalty and satisfaction
• Absence Management targeted at 12.5%, achieved 4% actual in 2009
National HR Manager
San Vicente Hotel
July 2005 - October 2007
Las Vegas (NV), and Hells Kitchen (NYC). Managing a team of four HR Officers and one assistant, I was required by the group to in-bed a full HR service for the company that would be consistent across all individual sites, whilst also considering individual state laws and practices etc.
• Working within a US employment law environment with a 50% mix of strategic and operational duties
• Pioneered the implementation of CWQI Program (Company Wide Quality Improvement); trained supervisors and Team Members as project leaders; achieved major cost savings in both Operations and administrative areas
• Adjustment of national policies and procedures to suit site specific (And State) needs
• Introduced a "Fast Track" scholarship to note key star team members and progress them to higher management
• Wrote and developed "Job Skills" to ensure a consistent approach was driven out at all four sites
• Coaching and influencing of senior business leaders
HR Assistant - HR Senior Officer
London Underground (TFL)
June 1999 - March 2005
The London Underground (TFL) is a metro system in the United Kingdom, serving a large part of Greater London with a system serving 270 stations across 402 kilometers (250 mi) of track. Commencing employment as a HR Assistant and progressing through to HR Senior Officer within a heavily Unionised environment whilst holding responsibilities for general HR/ER advice, Line Management Support and guidance.
• Undertook employee relations case management, workforce planning (Inline with business cycles)
• Contributed to the people agenda within the broader corporate plan, agreeing objectives and delivering training and development plans to leadership level
• Implemented staff "Monitoring" for false claims which saved over £13,000 (GBP) within the first year
• Merged the systems of four sites to deliver a consistent HR delivery from a "Shared Service" Operation
• Implemented the company wide use of the new SAP system delivering training and advice calls for the system
• Full general HR/ER operational duties carried out within a Union Environment
Qualifications & Certifications
negotiation, consultancy, and advisory scenarios
Calder High School
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more