Taxi driver for 7 years have a full clean licence
I have been working as a home carer and a taxi driver for the past four years.
This was a leadership role managing the intercompany accounting with EGL logistics for the European region.
• Preparation of monthly management accounts and reporting of consolidated European results to US
parent and European Management Team
• Management of the monthly close process and improvement of these processes.
• Review monthly results and work with country and vendor finance teams to investigate variances
Prepare statutory accounts and ensure that all statutory reporting, compliance and governance requirements are met
• Ensure that all aspects of the trading model are functioning correctly
Pro-active investigation and resolution of issues and reconciling items
Oversee balance sheet reconciliation activities; work with country finance teams to ensure that all
• accounts are regularly reconciled
• Co-ordinate annual audit process
• Day to day supervision of the intercompany accountant
• Ad hoc analysis of historic trends
Lucent (now Alcatel-Lucent), a leading global provider of communications technologies, has a Dublin-based shared services centre for the EMEA region. My role was within intercompany accounting.
• Intercompany Accountant duties & responsibilities to include:
• Invoicing between companies within the Group
• Reconciliation of invoices
• Review of Monthly invoices
• Resolution of queries and maintenance of query and issue log
• Monthly revenue accrual calculation
Cash Applications Specialist
This position involved the processing and allocation of cash payments to customer accounts. The tasks required a great deal of attention to detail and ability to work to tight deadlines whilst maintaining accuracy.
• Reviewed bank statements and performed reconciliations
• Identified and resolved errors and discrepancies regarding incorrect cash allocations
• Handled queries and complaints with both internal and external stakeholders
• Managed the transfer of funds from various bank accounts
• Provided customer payments information to the credit and collections team as required
• Balanced cash journals to bank deposits
La Rousse Foods Credit Control Co
La Rousse Foods is a wholesale supplier of high quality foodstuffs and drinks to the restaurant and hospitality sector in Ireland.
As Credit Control Co-Ordinator, I was responsible for:
• Creation, suspension and deletion of customer accounts
• Issuing customer statements and remittances
• Dealing with customer account enquiries
• Issuing of credit notes
• Reconciliation of customer accounts
• Month end
• Bank Lodgements
Commissions/Sales Support Assistant
Hertz European Shared Services
This role was a multi-faceted role managing the function of travel agent sales commissions for Hertz European Shared Services Centre. It involved liaising with internal sales managers and external travel agents to ensure efficient processing of commissions and reporting on same.
• Maintained Commission related information on IBM TACO (Travel Agent Commission) tracking system
• Liaised with European Travel Agents with regard to commission related queries
• Liaised with UK Sales Managers regarding commission queries and authorisations
• Complaint Handling
• Produced regular management reports on commission information
• Maintained user administration and security authorisations within TACO
This role involved working in the busy accounts payable department responsible for the UK market.
• Invoice Entry and Accounts Payable Processing via Oracle Financials System
• Invoice Matching to Purchase Orders
• Issued of cheque payments to suppliers
• Responsibility of handling car-parking fines
• Dealing with customer queries via telephone / email
• Liaising with internal stakeholders e.g. purchasing administrators within Hertz
• Filing and archiving of payments related documents
This supervisory role comprising effective daily operation of the carpark expanded my customer service experience and developed my people management skills.
This role involved ensuring that all aspects of food safety and hygiene were an integral part of supermarket operations.
As Hygiene assistant, I was involved in the implementation and maintenance of hygiene standards within the busy supermarket environment.
Qualifications & Certifications
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more